What about that CC Handle, Princess members?

Steelers36

Pretty boring for me.  I took most of it from my other sites.  At the time, I didn't give much thought to it.  I like the Detroit Redwings (hockey) and it's a great year to be born in.🤣  At least for me it was.

15 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

How did you come up with your CC Handle?  Some are rather obvious, but many of you have unusual and creative ones.

Well, mine may be either one of the obvious or not - "Shmoo" was my nickname when I was young.  When I joined I was thinking of just saying "it's Shmoo here".

• Like 1

Mine was the collision of three things.

1.  I had joined a law firm where everyone else had worked together for at least 15 years so I was the Newbie.  

2.  When I joined CC we had just booked a cruise that included a call in Egypt.

3.  We were watching the Mummy.  

My husband, known for his puns, turned to me and said your CC name is Anubi.  The rest is history.  🙃

• Like 3

Nothing complicated or creative about my handle.  I got my handle from my buddies in the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting.   When I got involved, there already was Big Mike, Little Mike, Slow Mike, Fast Mike.  Even a "Just Plain Mike."  So many Mikes!!  Because I shoot full-powered .45 Long Colts, I got named Mike 45LC.   It is too hard to use different handles for different forums, so I am Mike 45LC everywhere on-line.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Thank you for your service;   Have seen Blue Angels Fat Albert many times during my career

I saw AF 1 on the tarmac a couple times. I got to fly in HMX 1 Helicopters when training in Quantico, Virginia 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MJC said:

The Harrier Jump Jet is my favorite plane. We have one here in NY on the Intrepid museum, when it arrived I was happy to see one IRL. My friends think it's funny that I have a favorite fighter jet (if you knew me you would know why). When my students would ask me what I'd be if I weren't a teacher, I'd say helicopter pilot.

I have a boring handle, its just my initials. I wasn't very familiar with CC and it didn't occur to me to make up a fun one. I love how creative some people are with their CC names.

Thanks for starting a fun thread!

Thanks for appreciating the Jump Jet.I  was with them for 3 models A B and C.I deployed with VMA 311 VMA 214 and VMA 513 all Harrier squadron's.   They provide a unique element for delivering ordnance in ground support operations. 

10 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Retired USAF - Folks call me Gonzo and WCS is for Weapons Control Systems (My USAF Specialty)  - F-4 Phantom Radar and AC-130 Gunship Fire Control Systems

Phantom Phixed Phorever and remember Gunships ARE Funships!

Salute

Ever fly in Red Flag? I spent a few years on the ground threat side.

10 hours ago, chrysalis said:

Our present boat is named "Spitfire" in honour of my father-in-law who yesterday turned 97. He flew Spitfires in the RAF during WWII.

I realize that the current trend is to say, "Thank you for your service" and I totally understand (and agree with) that but... Please give your father-in-law a huge hug from all of us who are free today and tell him, "Thank you for saving the world". I know he didn't choose to be where he was when he was but he, and those of his generation, stepped up and are true heroes. He likely won't admit to being a hero but he most definitely is one.

• Like 11

rdsqrl = red squirrel:  Homage to the squirrels of Moscow, where I lived many years ago while in grad school.  These Muscovite squirrels seemed especially feisty around Americans, possibly still annoyed about the collapse of the Soviet Union.  There was one in particular who bore an uncanny resemblance to Nikita Khrushchev, who chattered angrily at me every morning.  Had he had a shoe, he'd no doubt have pounded it on the park bench, demanding I fetch him blinis or a copy of the The Communist Manifesto.  Like everything else about living in Moscow, the squirrels were entertaining but exhausting. . .

Had I known I'd be hanging around here for so long, I would have picked something with vowels,  and something that didn't get misread as rdsGrl all the time! 

• Like 4

In 2009 we had booked a 49 day cruise from Miami to San Francisco around South America.  My dd suggested I look at CC and our roll call.  I did, and they were talking about a Brazil visa.  My TA had told me that I didn't need a visa for Brazil.  I had to log onto CC to participate in the discussion and needed a handle.  Tried a couple like "Old Sailor" and they were already taken.  So I chose a more specific one.  I asked our roll call if I really needed a visa and was told I couldn't board the ship without one.  This was 10 days before the cruise.  Talked to the TA and she had me send our passports to the embassy in Miami and we got them back in time while she picked up the extra cost.  About 50 - 100 passengers had to stay in Miami and meet the ship at the next port who didn't have the visa.  I then realized the value of CC and have used it since then.  Incidentally, my avatar is something I wore on my uniform when I was a Warrant Officer.

• Like 3

See avatar picture or below.  I spotted the Yoda ears at Disney in 2019 in the midst of 1st season of The Mandalorian,  DW said hold still while I take your picture, she posted it to FB, and Granddaughter commented: "Papa Yoda"

PapaYoda.JPG

Edited by Papa Yoda
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

I realize that the current trend is to say, "Thank you for your service" and I totally understand (and agree with) that but... Please give your father-in-law a huge hug from all of us who are free today and tell him, "Thank you for saving the world". I know he didn't choose to be where he was when he was but he, and those of his generation, stepped up and are true heroes. He likely won't admit to being a hero but he most definitely is one.

Many thanks for saying that....DW is visiting him today, and we will pass on your very kind words!

• Like 2