What about that CC Handle, Princess members?

Steelers36

14 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Mine is the nickname my college roommate gave me. People usually assume Benny is my DH, but it's not his name 🙂 

I chuckled when I first saw your handle on here, because that is what DH calls me.  Over the decades, it's been shortened to just 'JB'.  😊

• Like 1

I always helped several friends and family book cruises, finding them the best deal I could.  While at work one day, one of the IT guys said I should start a monthly newsletter about cruising.  He asked about my DH's loves and I told him it was all about football.  He just loves those Raiders and was a season ticket holder for many years before they headed to Vegas. 

Anyway, the IT guy came up for a name for my newsletter, Cruise Raider, which I never did start.  No way did I want to turn my passion into a responsibility.    

BTW, I love this post ... so much better than all the negativity we've seen over the last year.  And, BTW, I am a Packer fan ... so there you have it!! 

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

After seeing so many people with great creativity I wish I had put more time into our handle. My DH and I love to cruise so thus CruisinCouple and 2010 was the year we joined cruise critic. 

It's all good but I have read that CC will consider a handle change if you write them.

Mine came from a dive master in Cozumel.  We used to dive four times a year there, and all my dive gear is yellow.  My husband had stayed on shore for one dive, and I was buddied up with a dive master. When we finally surfaced and returned to shore, he walked up to my husband and said, “Tu espoza es un Pescado Amarillo.” And it just stuck.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

Yes sir, 1982-1983 334th TFS/AMU Seymour Johnson AFB

I left Nellis in 1980.  Was there on the ranges from 75 - 80.  Mostly up at TTR (Tonopah Test Range)

Very interesting to see what was involved in putting one of those exercises together.  I assume the aggressor squadron was still flying F-5's then?

What did you think of the exercise?  The concept seems to have accomplished what it was intended to do post Vietnam.

Too convoluted to explain how the name came about. I originally used it when playing Dark Age of Camelot and then used it for Geocaching when I quit gaming and went outside into the real world. When I made an account here after our first cruise I just transitioned the name again. I will say that it has absolutely nothing to do with King Crimson.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

A term/bet on the craps table. Over 30 years ago I was winning quite a bit  one evening on the craps table to the extent I put money on High, Low, and Yo for fun. It hit 5 times in a row. Pressing and 2 parlays it shot my winnings way over the top. It was about that time I established a personal email account and have kept this moniker ever since. By the way, never again have I won that much or even gotten close. 

• Like 2

Must say that I’m loving this thread!  Love learning why everyone picked their names and having a very upbeat thread. 

We moved from LI to Naples, Fl in 1999 with our 3 young kids and were in the DMV registering the cars. We were both doing a personalized license plate when the kids said “what about us”?!  So we did our initials plus kids....CJSKIDS! 

• Like 5