What about that CC Handle, Princess members?

Steelers36

Many moons ago, like others, I struggled to come up with a unique username which I believe was for a Disney forum that had a large user base already.  After trying many and not liking having to use numbers to make a username different, I started walking around my house and picked up each of my Kryostonians I had collected and this one captured my mood and it stuck.  I use it for many platforms now and have yet to trip over anyone else having used it before me. 

It still captures something in me today and makes me smile.

Krystonian-Poffles.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/11/2021 at 12:59 AM, rdsqrl said:

rdsqrl = red squirrel

Today's Washington Post has a story (https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dani-connor-squirrels/2021/04/11/cb870814-9978-11eb-b28d-bfa7bb5cb2a5_story.html) about a young British amateur photographer who posted a short clip of a young red squirrel in Sweden that I'm sure you would enjoy!

She also posted a longer video: 

• Like 1

I joined CC around the holidays and was looking for a handle that I didn't use on all my other sites. At family parties around Christmas, I will sometimes dress as Santa for the kids, which is how I came up with my handle. 

Having done so, I am thankful that computers these days will save the login name so I don't actually have to type it in every time.

• Like 3

Mine's easy, they're my initials.  YEARS ago when I first logged on to the site, they allowed people to use their real names then, which I did.  I finally changed to my initials a few years ago to comply to current rules, even though no Host ever asked me to.

• Like 1

How did I get my CC handle? Let me see!

When I first started working as a fleet equipment/fire equipment mechanic for a City near Los Angels one of the paramedic/firefighter would call me Big Wave Dave anytime he saw me.  I asked him one day why he called me that and he responded that some day I would make it big in the City and make waves doing it. Well within 5 years I went from a Mechanic 1, Mechanic 2, to Lead Mechanic and then 5 years later as Equipment Maintenance Supervisor overseeing all fleet operations,  purchasing, fueling, hazmat, and retirement of equipment. I retired after 30 plus years working for the same City. And yes I did make some waves and shook things up with how things were done in purchasing and maintaining the equipment with all of the departments city wide. As for the 87 that was the year I started working for the City.

So BigWaveDave87 became my CC handle. 

Be safe and

Happy Trails 

🥃

• Like 4

Well mine is pretty self explanatory...thinking now I should come up with something clever for my military service, or favorite sports teams, or granddaughter's nickname...it is University of South Carolina (where I earned my Bachelor's Degree) and cruise crazy, because we are!!

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 7:36 PM, nocl said:

I left Nellis in 1980.  Was there on the ranges from 75 - 80.  Mostly up at TTR (Tonopah Test Range)

Very interesting to see what was involved in putting one of those exercises together.  I assume the aggressor squadron was still flying F-5's then?

What did you think of the exercise?  The concept seems to have accomplished what it was intended to do post Vietnam.

I think Red Eagles were flying against us at the time.  Think the exercise proved the point that you must train like you will fight.  Plus we stayed in Vegas  😉

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2021 at 10:43 AM, USCcruisecrazy said:

Well mine is pretty self explanatory...thinking now I should come up with something clever for my military service, or favorite sports teams, or granddaughter's nickname...it is University of South Carolina (where I earned my Bachelor's Degree) and cruise crazy, because we are!!

I always have trouble with your moniker as I went to the USC in California. BruinSteve, nice guy that he is, gives me heartburn with his moniker too. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

I always have trouble with your moniker as I went to the USC in California. BruinSteve, nice guy that he is, gives me heartburn with his moniker too. 😁

Been getting that for years when I say I went to USC.  I usually caveat that with "The Original USC".  LOL!  Some folks just call us UofSC now to distinguish a difference.

• Like 1

Mine is a play on names from the Spice Girls that came about one wine induced fun evening with my two sisters.  My oldest sister is "Sporty Spice" because she is pretty athletic; the next sister is "Posh Spice" because she is a walking fashion plate and could make a burlap sack look fancy; and I am "BabySarge" because I am the youngest and at the time we came up with this was a Sergeant/E-5 in the US Army.

• Like 1

As much as we love to sail (and we have done many cruises), it isn’t our all time favourite vacation.  That honour goes to our visits to our favourite city, Venice, for Carnival hence my use of the Italian word for carnival as my CC handle.  We are among the disappearing type of people who love to dress for formal night and so our love of creating and wearing elaborate costumes for Carnival in Venice comes naturally to us.  Now if we could find a costume themed cruise that sails around Italy we’d have the best of all the vacation things we love.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 9:25 PM, Carnevale said:

As much as we love to sail (and we have done many cruises), it isn’t our all time favourite vacation.  That honour goes to our visits to our favourite city, Venice, for Carnival hence my use of the Italian word for carnival as my CC handle.  We are among the disappearing type of people who love to dress for formal night and so our love of creating and wearing elaborate costumes for Carnival in Venice comes naturally to us.  Now if we could find a costume themed cruise that sails around Italy we’d have the best of all the vacation things we love.

Do the next best thing, Oct 31 on a cruise near Italy!

1 hour ago, Vampire290 said:

I was a nurse working in Red Cross blood services and many of our donors liked to call us Vampires.

I thought you might perhaps be another fan of What We Do In the Shadows!   Eagerly awaiting Season 3 here . . 

Well, mine was very apt when we first started cruising but I think I should change it now the kids have all flown the nest!

Suggestions for a new handle will be warmly welcomed..... something along the lines of 'Getting-my- own-life-now'; or 'retirement-here-we-come' ; or the widely acclaimed 'SKI team' (ie Spending the Kids Inheritance!)

• Like 3

My CC Handle relates to where I live, received my college degree, and the fact I am a die hard Syracuse University football fan.

The # 44 was worn by Syracuse University running backs Ernie Davis, who was the first African American to win the Heisman Trophy, along with running backs Jim Brown and Floyd Little.  The #44 is so closely associated with the university all the phone numbers begin with 44 and the zip code ends in 44.

On a side note if you are looking for a great football movie about the life of Ernie Davis check out “The Express.”

• Like 1