Resuming Cruising with a COVID-19 Cruise Ticket Contract

1 hour ago, Jasukkie said:

I strongly suggest vaccinated people scheduled on cruises requiring testing be very careful in the 2 weeks prior to testing. Yes, you can be vaccinated, feel just fine, and test positive, thus ruining your vacation. It's happened to people testing before trips to Hawaii, more than 2 weeks after vaccination. 

I'm curious how the dining room is going to work with unvaccinated children on board. Free room service would be a nice option for those who really want to remain masked in the presence of unvaccinated passengers.

Who says children will be allowed on. I won’t be happy if this is the case but it’s a real possibility. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Who says children will be allowed on. I won’t be happy if this is the case but it’s a real possibility. 

Unvaccinated children are already being allowed on Royal Caribbean sailings out of the Bahamas and Bermuda.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

By the way, the word is drivel, not dribble.  Dribble is what you do eating your pablum.  Go bother someone who appreciates it.  And don't bother...I won't be seeing anything you post anymore...gotta love the block.

No, I meant dribble. Look it up. If you have to go to the library put your mask on and don’t argue with the high school kid there about it. 

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2021 at 7:02 PM, CatLadyFemme said:

I am based in Michigan, and the rates are out of control here. People aren't wearing masks,

I'm  Michigan too, and EVERYWHERE WE GO (restaurants, stores, etc) people are WEARING MASKS.  Almost never see anyone not wearing a mask indoors.  You're implying that many people aren't wearing masks and that simply is not true.     And it's very interesting that most everyone in Michigan is wearing masks most everywhere, and cases are blowing up.  Hmmm.....

3 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

I'm  Michigan too, and EVERYWHERE WE GO (restaurants, stores, etc) people are WEARING MASKS.  Almost never see anyone not wearing a mask indoors.  You're implying that many people aren't wearing masks and that simply is not true.     And it's very interesting that most everyone in Michigan is wearing masks most everywhere, and cases are blowing up.  Hmmm.....

Not in my neck of the woods. I would estimate about 1/3 of the people I see don't have a mask on unless the business directly enforces it.  

1 hour ago, B Midged said:

No, I meant dribble. Look it up. If you have to go to the library put your mask on and don’t argue with the high school kid there about it. 

I wouldn’t give a care about BecciBoo’s “ignore”.  She doesn’t like to have anyone disagree with her ridiculous comments under any circumstances. I stand proud as one of the Ignored.  Apparently she doesn’t understand the concept of a “discussion board”. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Maybe in Michigan, who obviously doesn't know what they are doing.

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Once person's hubris is another person's common sense. 

What common sense....there are hundreds of employees of all kinds of business here who wear face shields instead of masks.  Places like Lowes, WalMart, etc.  The truth is, YOU don't know what the cruise lines will require...at all...so don't pretend you are more knowledgeable than the next person.  And, you do exhibit extreme hubris, don't confuse it with common sense.

BLOCKED

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, badvector said:

Not in my neck of the woods. I would estimate about 1/3 of the people I see don't have a mask on unless the business directly enforces it.  

Which is where?    In Traverse City, Charlevoix, Petoskey, Lansing 99% are wearing masks.  Almost never see anyone without one.  In East Lansing most are even wearing them outdoors in compliance with that ridiculous order.

7 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

What common sense....there are hundreds of employees of all kinds of business here who wear face shields instead of masks.  Places like Lowes, WalMart, etc.  The truth is, YOU don't know what the cruise lines will require...at all...so don't pretend you are more knowledgeable than the next person.  And, you do exhibit extreme hubris, don't confuse it with common sense.

BLOCKED

You're absolutely correct, I have no idea what the rules will be. I can say with absolute certainty though that if face masks are required those useless acrylic ones won't be accepted. 

From Royal's website. "Note that neck gaiters, open chin bandanas and scarves, and face masks with valves do not meet health authority guidelines and will not be permitted."

But yeah, Royal is going to let special BecciBoo wear a clear plastic shield over her face. I can totally see it happening, I'm sorry I didn't realize how special you were. 

Thank goodness you blocked me and won't need to reply again. 

Common sense....come on now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

Instead of pointing the finger every time there is a spike and blaming it on people not wearing masks, let’s consider what states or countries missed the major covid spikes because of their mask adherence. I don’t recall seeing any.

Taiwan, New Zealand, Iceland, Singapore and Vietnam are perfect examples.  Japan and South Korea as well.  Mask adherence and strict adherence to other COVID protocols.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

Huh?   We're as restricted as any state, more than most.  I guess "restrictions" don't work.

Texas is doing very well.  Lockdowns don't work. and neither do the face diapers these people continue to wear.  My husband and I don't wear them.

• Like 2

Just now, Heymarco said:

The vast majority of these are island nations (South Korea being a virtual island). Do you think maybe there are few more factors at play here than just masks? 🤨😉

You asked for countries that successfully handled outbreaks with protocols.  I set out a few.  And, yes, these countries had strict lockdowns (also part of COVID protocols) and used them effectively.  And South Korea is NOT a virtual island.  That's like saying Florida, because it is on a peninsula, is a virtual island. 😉

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It's kinda tough for anyone to cross the border with N Korea to get to the rest of Asia. 

South Koreans can travel freely to Asia.  They just can't walk or drive there through North Korea.  South Korea is on a peninsula.  It is not an island by definition.  Heymarco was looking for countries that successful navigated COVID.  I gave him a list of some.  Simple as that.  

1 hour ago, sjg1973 said:

Yes that is correct

OK... so tell us all a few things.

1. How many people have been FULLY vaccinated?

2. How many of these people caught Covid after the 14 day period?

3. How many of these people were hospitalized?

4. How many of those that were hospitalized were intubated?

5. How many of those fully vaccinted died?

Very interested in the numbers and the percentages. 

• Like 2

I'm curious as to how many people will cruise after signing that the cruise line can kick you off the ship or deny re boarding at a port if you test positive.  Since some people are testing positive after being vaccinated would you take that risk.  It doesn't matter if you have symptoms so anyone could test positive.  (I personally know of an 80 year old friend that tested positive three weeks after getting the vaccine.)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Which is where?    In Traverse City, Charlevoix, Petoskey, Lansing 99% are wearing masks.  Almost never see anyone without one.  In East Lansing most are even wearing them outdoors in compliance with that ridiculous order.

Big Rapids, Mount Pleasant, Grant, Newaygo, Fremont, Cadillac.  Many of the small farming communities on the West side. Not arguing that folks aren't wearing them in many places, just saying that there are places where they are not.  In the past 3 weeks I've been to the U.P., all through the Northwest Coast that you mention and over to the Tri-City area.  For the most part, those places have people wearing masks.  The communities I mentioned, not so much.  

7 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Taiwan, New Zealand, Iceland, Singapore and Vietnam are perfect examples.  Japan and South Korea as well.  Mask adherence and strict adherence to other COVID protocols.

Unfortunately some of these places are all having spikes which has been seen in areas that are aggressively vaccinating for some reason - Also some of these places have been very good about locking down which is not possible forever. 

Mask may not prevent covid long term, they seem to be delaying the out break which in general is a good thing If proper therapeutics are developed and the vaccines work. 

I wear a mask and I am vaccinated  - but these outliers interest me because over the past year, wave after wave have shown us how this virus is way ahead of us and not vise versa.

Edited by Stick93