Two questions for the price of one!

babs135

Promo Codes - anyone found and used one of these?  (mentioned on an online agents' website)

And

On a cruise from Barcelona to Sydney via the Suez Canal does it matter whether we book a starboard or port balcony?

Thanks

The old idea of Port out Starboard home suggests booking for the port side.  However, this was before air-con.  As you are mostly traveling East the sun will be on the Starboard side so it depends if you want to be in full sun or shade.

• Like 1

Remember you cross the equator so sun will switch from south to north , you'll be travelling South  East on average most of the time , sometimes pure east sometimes pure South.

When you are going South East

In northern hemisphere sun rises east , then moves to west in southerly direction. Port will get morning sun moving into shade mid morning.  Starboard  sun from late morning onwards.

In southern hemisphere,  port will get sun through to early afternoon as it goes from east to west via north. Starboard will get only  late afternoon sun.

Depends when you want the sun.

When near equator  ,  sun  will be high up so balcony in shade a lot of time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, babs135 said:

Promo Codes - anyone found and used one of these?  (mentioned on an online agents' website) ...

I don't know about Cunard promo codes in the UK (never seen them mentioned on the Cunard UK website). But Cunard promo codes are definitely a thing in the US. Each promotion listed in the "Special offers" section of the Cunard US website has a three-character promo code associated with it.

For example, in the US we currently have a "Discovery Awaits" promotion going on through May 4, 2021 which is associated with the following promo codes.

"ZM2" = For new guests - provides OBC

"Z2B" = For past guests - provides the same OBC plus a past-passenger discount

There is also the on-going "Grill Suite Offer" with the following promo code which is usually (but not always) combinable with other promotions.

"ZED" = Free drinks (up to $12) and prepaid gratuities for booking a Grill Suite

Please note we in the US don't generally need to know anything about these promo codes. If we select the "Discovery Awaits" fare on the Cunard US website, we automatically get the OBC associated with that offer. If we enter our Cunard World Club numbers, then the past-passenger discount is applied. And although I've never booked a grill suite, if we were to book a grill suite, then the "Grill Suite Offer" promotion would presumably be applied as well.

Now I can't speak to Cunard promo codes that may only be accessible to travel agents or another form of promo code that a specific travel agent might offer. But I hope this helps explain in general terms how Cunard promo codes work in the US anyway.

Edited by bluemarble

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 9:06 AM, bluemarble said:

I don't know about Cunard promo codes in the UK (never seen them mentioned on the Cunard UK website). But Cunard promo codes are definitely a thing in the US. Each promotion listed in the "Special offers" section of the Cunard US website has a three-character promo code associated with it.

For example, in the US we currently have a "Discovery Awaits" promotion going on through May 4, 2021 which is associated with the following promo codes.

"ZM2" = For new guests - provides OBC

"Z2B" = For past guests - provides the same OBC plus a past-passenger discount

There is also the on-going "Grill Suite Offer" with the following promo code which is usually (but not always) combinable with other promotions.

"ZED" = Free drinks (up to $12) and prepaid gratuities for booking a Grill Suite

Please note we in the US don't generally need to know anything about these promo codes. If we select the "Discovery Awaits" fare on the Cunard US website, we automatically get the OBC associated with that offer. If we enter our Cunard World Club numbers, then the past-passenger discount is applied. And although I've never booked a grill suite, if we were to book a grill suite, then the "Grill Suite Offer" promotion would presumably be applied as well.

Now I can't speak to Cunard promo codes that may only be accessible to travel agents or another form of promo code that a specific travel agent might offer. But I hope this helps explain in general terms how Cunard promo codes work in the US anyway.

I was working with my Travel Arranger on a voyage next summer. It is in the grills, and the offer on Cunard's website said prepaid gratuities, and drinks included. The confirmation I later received only indicated that the gratuities were complementary, but made no mention of the drinks (up to $12 being included). I asked her and she sent me a screen print which showed the "all inclusive drinks", "CGP Comp Grats Grills (value $121.50) and Promo deluxe canapes ( with a value of $.01) I will be interested in seeing what the one-cent deluxe canapes look like.