Super Mario?

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I am by no means an anti-masker.  However, we had some “on-site” meetings for work this month, and I had to wear a mask all day.  I was hot and uncomfortable, especially when taking meetings with a headset.  If I were super Mario, and they required me to wear a mask at my poolside “office” all day, I probably wouldn’t go back to cruising.  I know people get used to wearing a mask all day, but it still seems like it would be hot and annoying day after day.

He's old .. he probably cold all the time anyway. 

• Haha 2

I am by no means an anti-masker.  However, we had some “on-site” meetings for work this month, and I had to wear a mask all day.  I was hot and uncomfortable, especially when taking meetings with a headset.  If I were super Mario, and they required me to wear a mask at my poolside “office” all day, I probably wouldn’t go back to cruising.  I know people get used to wearing a mask all day, but it still seems like it would be hot and annoying day after day.

So would you cancel your upcoming cruise "if" masks were mandatory in "all" (indoor and outdoor) public venues? 

54 minutes ago, davekathy said:

So would you cancel your upcoming cruise "if" masks were mandatory in "all" (indoor and outdoor) public venues? 

Nope- we have a balcony, and would just spend a bit more time there.  I am ok with a mask on for like 3 hours in a row, but I just hate it for a full day.  No matter which type I try, my one ear gets sore, and I get hot.  If they do require a mask even while sunbathing, I will continue to search for the perfect mask that isn’t hot and doesn’t hurt my ear 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Nope- we have a balcony, and would just spend a bit more time there.  I am ok with a mask on for like 3 hours in a row, but I just hate it for a full day.  No matter which type I try, my one ear gets sore, and I get hot.  If they do require a mask even while sunbathing, I will continue to search for the perfect mask that isn’t hot and doesn’t hurt my ear 🙂

Bingo! So wouldn't you think Mario would make the same adjustments to where he elects to set up shop for the day if masks were mandatory. 🤔 I do.

Good luck with your quest.😷

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Bingo! So wouldn't you think Mario would make the same adjustments to where he elects to set up shop for the day if masks were mandatory. 🤔 I do

If Mario feels that way about it he would just probably not come back onboard. Unless he can afford the balcony cabin. He could simply work on the balcony. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

If Mario feels that way about it he would just probably not come back onboard. Unless he can afford the balcony cabin. He could simply work on the balcony. 

Problem is can't  smoke there.

Been wearing the blue paper hospital masks lately. Very comfy

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I agree, they are so comfy and WalMart has both the blue and yellow.

Stay healthy.

So, about a decade ago, I had plantar fasciatus (or however it is spelled) from playing tennis.  So after a month plus of waking up unable to comfortably walk down the stairs I went to the foot doctor, who gave me a cortisone shot, actually more than one in my foot, and told me not to ever walk around without shoes on.  At the time I had a pair of Mions, and they were not new (he wanted me to wear them even in the shower), so when they died I had to buy more on EBay which were getting rare and of questionable quality, so, I went to a Crocs outlet store, and they had some life stride version of a croc. they are much more supportive than regular Crocs and about 2-3 times the price.  I have several pair that I wear now.  

I haven’t had a problem for several years, but I wear my Life strides as soon as I take off my shoes.  He, also wanted me to wear an insert, but I haven’t now for at least 5 years.

jc

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, about a decade ago, I had plantar fasciatus (or however it is spelled) from playing tennis.  So after a month plus of waking up unable to comfortably walk down the stairs I went to the foot doctor, who gave me a cortisone shot, actually more than one in my foot, and told me not to ever walk around without shoes on.  At the time I had a pair of Mions, and they were not new (he wanted me to wear them even in the shower), so when they died I had to buy more on EBay which were getting rare and of questionable quality, so, I went to a Crocs outlet store, and they had some life stride version of a croc. they are much more supportive than regular Crocs and about 2-3 times the price.  I have several pair that I wear now.  

I haven’t had a problem for several years, but I wear my Life strides as soon as I take off my shoes.  He, also wanted me to wear an insert, but I haven’t now for at least 5 years.

jc

Fasciitis.

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2021 at 7:05 PM, Heymarco said:

Anyone know if he’s planning on returning on any of the early cruises or will wait until they go out of Florida again? That’s assuming he will want to resume his old lifestyle and didn’t have a change of heart this past year.

• 2 months later...

From Michael Bayley today:

Most of you may know him, but many of you may not know his story. He's sailed an unbelievable 818 sailings with us and is our highest ranking Pinnacle Member. I've had the pleasure of knowing Mario, AKA Super Mario, for over 20 years and I am very proud to share his story with all of you ! Read his message in his own words below :
“My family moved from Cuba to Miami in the early 1960s to start a new life in pursuit of freedom and opportunity. We are eternally grateful to this country for having welcomed us with open arms.
From then I lived in Miami until I relocated north to Philadelphia to pursue my studies, having earned degrees in finance, economics, and accounting.
After graduating I returned home to Miami to start my career before ultimately deciding to open a small business managing investments for clients in 1997. That same year I took my first cruise and fell in love with the experience and began sampling different lines, regions, and itineraries.
In 2000 I took my first real cruise with Royal Caribbean on Voyager of the Seas, a brand-new ship that had debuted the year prior. It was a momentous event that set a new standard for the cruising industry.
The ship took my breath away. I had never seen such a grandiose ship. It was then that I became “Loyal to Royal” and accelerated my cruising pace rather dramatically.
The internet cafes onboard enabled me to run my business online and cruise at the same time. So, I decided to make a transformative lifestyle change and live onboard full-time.
Fast forward to today and I am proud to say I have sailed on over 800 Royal Caribbean cruises over the past 20 years and I’m just getting started!
With so many friends and memories made out at sea over the years, I plan to continue cruising indefinitely so long as I’m in good health and having fun.
My essay wouldn’t be complete without recognizing Royal Caribbean’s amazing crew members.
I really can’t say enough about how special they are and how much I value and appreciate them. They have truly become my family and I am forever grateful and proud to be able to share special cruising moments with them.
What isn’t there to love about Royal Caribbean? I love their ships, crew, and Crown & Anchor Society program.
For sure, I have lived the American Dream onboard Royal Caribbean ships.
As I look ahead toward the big restart, I know how emotional I will feel as I cross the gangway and board a ship again. It’s going to be a moment of happiness and rejoice to be back home with Royal Caribbean!”
Tune in tomorrow for part two of Super Mario’s story ! To share your unique guest story with us and be featured, please send an email to royalsocial@rccl.com.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2021 at 12:44 AM, RFerrington said:

Mario is a nice guy and usually very approachable but I have also noticed that he can be moody.  My guess is that you caught him at one of those moments when he didn’t feel like making conversation. 

I had the displeasure  of an encounter with him one day.  He was sat on two stacked chairs with another chair next to him with his bag on it.  I asked him nicely if he could move his bag so I could take the chair. He looked at me said no then turned his head away.  I picked up his bag put it on the table and removed the chair.  He did the DYKWIA rant. I had no idea who this rude person was and told him in no uncertain terms what I thought of him and his arrogant ways.  I have seen him on many cruises since,  he always recognises me and stares at the floor as I pass.

1 hour ago, sean of the seas said:

I had the displeasure  of an encounter with him one day.  He was sat on two stacked chairs with another chair next to him with his bag on it.  I asked him nicely if he could move his bag so I could take the chair. He looked at me said no then turned his head away.  I picked up his bag put it on the table and removed the chair.  He did the DYKWIA rant. I had no idea who this rude person was and told him in no uncertain terms what I thought of him and his arrogant ways.  I have seen him on many cruises since,  he always recognises me and stares at the floor as I pass.

sounds like some of the folks I have encountered on HAL, those folks who have sailed forever and like to make sure you know it.   all I can say is it is fun to rattle them.

• Haha 1

The Singapore version of Mario:

"

FIRST #PinnacleClub members from Singapore and Southeast Asia!

The Singapore Cruise Society joins Royal Caribbean International in congratulating Mr Tok Soo Leng (Ace) and Mrs Chiang Yen Leng (Blue) in attaining and joining the Pinnacle Club status with the Crown and Anchor Society membership, being the first to do so in Singapore and Southeast Asia.

Throughout their 10 years of sailing, they've been on multiple ships and sailed on many itineraries around the world, and have accomplished the significant milestone of achieving 700 cruise points this year aboard #QuantumOfTheSeas, currently sailing #OceanGetaway cruises from Singapore.
Happy cruising, Ace and Blue!"

Singapore Cruise Society | Facebook 

Edited by Biker19
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2021 at 4:21 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Where is Ace anyway? He hasn’t been here in over a week. I miss him. 🤥 🤣

Just been reading the board no need to post everyday. So Mario is coming back onboard. Doesn't say where or when though. So he must be happy wearing a mask for a long period time possibly forever and getting tested every day or however often they will test him.

• Haha 1