New to HAL- Again! Questions...

TracieABD

12 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Tamarind Is GREAT..

The wasabi crusted tenderloin is my favorite and better than any steak in the Pinnacle grill, IMO. Wish Tamarind would replace the Canaletto in the rest of the fleet, but that will not happen. 

1 minute ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Please stop talking about such great things .😃

Here is more talking, 😋, the taste of that wasabi crusted tenderloin is still vivid in my memory from 2018 cruise on the N. Amsterdam, had it three nights out of 10 on that cruise.

13 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Here is more talking, 😋, the taste of that wasabi crusted tenderloin is still vivid in my memory from 2018 cruise on the N. Amsterdam, had it three nights out of 10 on that cruise.

That is my wife favorite  I like the Curry chicken  and the soups  We have 94 days on the Rotterdam this year  ( I hope )  and 76 days next year .

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The wasabi crusted tenderloin is my favorite and better than any steak in the Pinnacle grill, IMO. Wish Tamarind would replace the Canaletto in the rest of the fleet, but that will not happen. 

Agree on the tenderloin, but I like the lobster bisque and crab cakes in the Pinnacle.  I will check them both out in Dec (hopefully) on the NS.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, kazu said:

Did you book with HAL, PCC or TA?

A confirmation always comes for me no matter which one I book with.

I would definitely ask for it no matter which you chose to book with.  JMO.

It’s a 4 page document - the rest page has your cabin, bed configuration, dining, payment and amount owing, etc., 

the 2nd has the cancellation start dates, any perks included, etc.  Two very key pages.

Agreed!  For those new to HAL another thing to know.... it also tells you which ports are "tender" ports which is helpful when planning tours.  I have to ask my TA to email the Passenger HAL Confirmation to me each time or he forgets.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red Haired Lady said:

Agreed!  For those new to HAL another thing to know.... it also tells you which ports are "tender" ports which is helpful when planning tours.  I have to ask my TA to email the Passenger HAL Confirmation to me each time or he forgets.

That is a really good point.  I think it’s the only place now where the tender ports appear.  They used to show on HAL’s site on the itinerary but no longer (or not that I have seen 😉 ).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Red Haired Lady said:

I have to ask my TA to email the Passenger HAL Confirmation to me each time or he forgets.

I have to wonder about a service provider who consistently "forgets" to perform a basic service. He must have other, countervailing qualities.

=Bob=

On 4/17/2021 at 2:32 PM, zelker said:

Check the confirmation you received after you booked it - it shows it on there.

On 4/17/2021 at 7:16 PM, kazu said:

If you booked with a TA, they should send you the HAL confirmation.

HAL sends it to them and they should send it to you.

I use a TA and always get the confirmation.  Hope that helps?

Is the "confirmation' you are referring to also the invoice?  I ask because my TA does not forward cruise line's invoices.  That said, he was able to confirm my bed configuration.

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Is the "confirmation' you are referring to also the invoice?  I ask because my TA does not forward cruise line's invoices.  That said, he was able to confirm my bed configuration.

It’s a confirmation of all your terms and conditions, your room, the price, your deposit, itinerary, etc.  I guess in a way, it is also the invoice since it tells you what is due and when but in essence it’s the confirmation of your booking.

IMO every TA should forward the confirmation.  You are entitled to it.  Your booking is with HAL whether you use a TA or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

It is the Confirmation but includes all the billing information from HAL.  The total is incorrect as it does not reflect my TA's discount.  My previous TA did  not send me this either, but my current TA does if reminded.  Many people probably don't  know this info exists when booking with a TA. 

Edited by Red Haired Lady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1