My Viking Journey support for Mississippi Cruises

dwlmg

It is very disappointing that Viking could support the Around England, Bermuda, and Iceland cruises as quickly as they did on My Viking Journey while support for the Mississippi cruises has been 'Coming Soon' for a year.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:31 PM, dwlmg said:

It is very disappointing that Viking could support the Around England, Bermuda, and Iceland cruises as quickly as they did on My Viking Journey while support for the Mississippi cruises has been 'Coming Soon' for a year.

Very easy to understand since they have been sailing in the areas you said they are supporting.  They still are finalizing things on the Mississippi.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 9:58 AM, Jim Avery said:

And the River boats are not yet built.

Also, Viking can use their existing infrastructure to support the international cruises mentioned, but they need to build an entire new structure for US operations, and as NCL found out, that ain't easy.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2021 at 6:31 PM, dwlmg said:

Viking prioritised cruises starting in about 6 weeks over cruises on a ship that hasn't been built and doesn't sail for over 16 months - I suggest that is sound business practice, rather than dissapointing.

They also aren't a mass market mega ship Line with virtually unlimited shore resources, so in these challenging times, prioritisation is critical to effective management.

• Like 3