Jeans at dinner?

nikken79

I agree with halos...

The tablemates who came in in shorts also had the poor manners, etc. to go along with it and come to think of it, she was resting her head in her hand with elbow on table! Such an effort for the poor thing to be waited on hand and foot!

Lido Deck Linda

dudes.gif

062802jumpie_prv.gif033102food_1_prv.gif062802drink_prv.gif082502cheers_prv.gif

Fantasy 2/6/2000

Victory 3/23/2003

Destiny 4/25/2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cotton:

Originally posted by Bridges300:

From reading the cruise critic posts, before i was on my first cruise, I thought that the main dining rooms were similar to formal restaurants .....I loved the cruise but the dining rooms..... are not similar to formal restaurants and it is not formal dining.

I have to disagree. The dining rooms on Carnival ships ARE considered a formal dining atmosphere.

When you go to a restaurant with:

Maitre 'd

Wine steward

Cloth table linens

Waiters placing ladies' napkins in their laps

Waiters dressed in formal attire

Waiters having an assistant

Good china

Real silver

Crystal glassware

Formally placed silverware

Bread/butter plates w/butter knives

Your wine in a standing wine bucket being poured by your waiter

ETC.

"Dis ain't McDonalds or Applebees, my friend!"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot to add that the waiters don wigs and costumes in the middle of dinner and sing and dance the macarena or some other stupid song. You're right. They don't do that at McDonald's or Applebees or any formal restaurant I've ever been to. If I had my choice of doing away with the demeaning song and dance schtick or allowing jeans in the dining room, I would choose to enjoy my steak in peace with the dude in Levi's sitting next to me. I don't have to look at him, after all, and my steak still tastes good. But for some reason, my steak starts to tastes like crap with a conga line of waiters passing my table and distorted music blaring over weak speakers in the "formal dining atmosphere"

Jubilee..May 2002

Sensation...May 2003

Glory...April 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;4;17;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Kujobie:

Thank you for the reminder about the conga line... I agree..not my idea of a good time! Should I prepare my SO or let him be surprised? He's never cruised before and that is DEFINITELY not his thing.

Wow...if I lived in Clearwater I'd probably never leave. Used to date a guy who lived there...gorgeous beach!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Fascination 5/12/03

On Destiny, it was really low key... the waiters assembled on the stairs, the Maitre D' said a few words, they sang a little song and were done with it. No big deal, and it doesn't take away from all else that makes the room a formal environment.

Lido Deck Linda

dudes.gif

062802jumpie_prv.gif033102food_1_prv.gif062802drink_prv.gif082502cheers_prv.gif

Fantasy 2/6/2000

Victory 3/23/2003

Destiny 4/25/2004

Last year on the Fascination it was a really big deal...long conga lines dancing all around the tables, and went on for 15 mins. or so. It's not our thing, but it didn't spoil dinner by any means. Proof of this is I'm sailing the Fascination again on Monday!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Fascination 5/12/03

No they don't put you on a tender with direction home. They hang you off the side of the ship on a rope seat with a scrapper to scrape the rust and then give you a bucket of paint to cover the bare spots.

i just returned from cruising on the Fantasy...in the Capers it stated that on the first night casual attire was ok for the dining room...however, i dont believe i ever saw anyone wearing jeans any night in the main dining room

5/2 Carnival Fantasy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;2;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I guess that means that all those passengers on the Fantasy could READ where Carnival states that on casual nights, dress pants, skirts, capris for women and slacks and shirts are approriate for men...no where on their list of appropriate apparel does it read jeans.

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

Archived