RIVIERA 2022 November Drydock & Voyage Cancellation

Cruise Wonderland

Just received the following notice about the cancellation of 14 Nov 2022 Mediterranean voyage on Riviera.

Is there anybody on the voyages of 23 Nov (transatlantic), 7 Dec (Caribbean) and 14 Dec (Caribbean)? These sailings also disappear from website now.

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

We would like to provide you with an important update to your cruise vacation aboard Riviera that is scheduled to depart on November 14, 2022.

Due to a change in dry-dock schedules, this voyage must regrettably be cancelled. As we know how disappointing a change like this is to your long-awaited vacation plans, we would like to provide you with a Future Cruise Credit equal to 10% of your cruise fare paid. The Future Cruise Credit will be issued and added to your Oceania Club profile. You will have until April 13, 2022 to redeem your Future Cruise Credit on any Oceania Cruises voyage departing by April 13, 2023.

All reservations under deposit or final payment with a credit card, check, or bank wire will automatically receive a full (100%) refund of all funds that have been applied to your reservation.

If your reservation has been deposited or paid in full utilizing a previously issued Future Cruise Credit, your Future Cruise Credit will be re-issued for the amount that was applied. Future Cruise Credits are not redeemable for cash refunds. 

Edited by Cruise Wonderland

• Cruise Wonderland changed the title to RIVIERA 2022 November Drydock & Voyage Cancellation

We were on the November 21, 2022 from Rome to Miami. It now is leaving Rome December 7, 2022 and ending in Miami on December 23,2022. We got an email from our TA just after 10:30 this morning. We have already moved to the Mariana leaving Monte Carlo on November 19, 2022 ending in Miami on December 4, 2022. The new dates did not work with us for Christmas. Sorry your cruise was cancelled. I bet there will be a lot of scrambling now. Julia

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jwindham said:

We were on the November 21, 2022 from Rome to Miami. It now is leaving Rome December 7, 2022 and ending in Miami on December 23,2022.

Thank you. Then we can conclude that the drydock period will be from Nov 14th to Dec 7th.

Thankful to Oceania for announcing these changes 1.5 years in advance, so that booked guests can make alternative plans earlier.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 2:23 AM, Cruise Wonderland said:

Thank you. Then we can conclude that the drydock period will be from Nov 14th to Dec 7th.

Thankful to Oceania for announcing these changes 1.5 years in advance, so that booked guests can make alternative plans earlier.

just booked 23/12 on Riviera as a 10th wedding anniversary present to hubby and myself. Did Riviera already have the NEXT refit or will this be it?

Excited to see what they do to the ship.

6 hours ago, ToxM said:

just booked 23/12 on Riviera as a 10th wedding anniversary present to hubby and myself. Did Riviera already have the NEXT refit or will this be it?

Excited to see what they do to the ship.

I could be wrong but I don't think Riviera or Marina get the NEXT refit. Those are for the R ships. 

2 hours ago, ORV said:

I could be wrong but I don't think Riviera or Marina get the NEXT refit. Those are for the R ships. 

i think you are right,  also Riviera had some work done in 2019 as well. Maybe it is her 5nyearly dry dock inspection or something.

13 hours ago, ToxM said:

i think you are right,  also Riviera had some work done in 2019 as well. Maybe it is her 5nyearly dry dock inspection or something.

Riviera was delivered in 2012.

2022 will be her 10 years in service. Thus certain inspection works are required.

But I think it is not related to the "Oceania NEXT refit".