NCL Alaska in May 2022

magicsoccer

We booked a cruise late May from Seward to Vancouver.  We are flying in from the Midwest US.  What are the advantages of Seward to Vancouver versus Vancouver to Seward.  I was thinking when I booked that I would be ready to fly home right away when the cruise was over and it would be easier to fly out of Vancouver.  Just checking to see what you all think and if my thoughts are correct.

One of the considerations would be if exploring Denali National Park prior to the cruise.  A preferred shuttle bus destination is to Eielson which won’t be operating until June 1. Other than that you’ve chosen our favorite time to cruise Alaska.

Flying from Anchorage to Indiana will require a red eye flight unless flight schedules have changed.  Eastbound flights from Anchorage usually leave late evening.

Flying from Vancouver to Indiana:  it will be a long day.  But, you ought to arrive home before Midnight on the day you disembarked the ship.  

If I had a choice of a N'bd or S'bd, I would opt for the S'bd Seward to Vancouver every time.

One of the most scenic parts of the trip is from Port Hardy (top of Vancouver Island) to Seymour Narrows at Campbell River. On N'bd sailings, this is completed at night, but S'bd it is mostly during daylight.

Getting from Canada place to YVR is easy and as an additional bonus, you clear US Immigration in Vancouver, so upon arrival you are considered as a domestic arrival. In addition to cruise line buses, the Skytrain (light rail) is a short walk from the port and takes you directly to the airport arrivals. You can also get taxis at the port.

• Like 1