Jump to content

I Am Sensing A Nice Theme Change To Celebrity CC


Recommended Posts

More and more the posts seem to becoming more positively focused on a return to the actual cruising experience.  Love seeing the topics on Retreat, suite questions, late night dining, buffet etc. which is why I joined CC.  Fairly new here but have looked at a lot of the topics on vaccine, Gov decisions, is it safe, anti-vax etc. it is nice to sense people are starting to feel better about resuming cruising.  I just kind of feel it is reflected on some of the recent topics.  Happy sailing all, April 2022 for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, C-Dragons said:

My glass is always half full and my bags are packed and ready to go! 🍷😎🚢🛳

The half full problem is easily corrected, just keep the bottle close by and you never need to leave your seat for a refill.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like seeing the topics change to more positive things. We are sailing on the Millennium Aug 14th 2021. It has been a few years since we sailed Celebrity and look forward to general info.

Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ATXBecky said:

I like seeing the topics change to more positive things. We are sailing on the Millennium Aug 14th 2021. It has been a few years since we sailed Celebrity and look forward to general info.

Cheers!

We are on same ship but on July 3rd sailing to celebrate my wife’s 4th of July birthday 😁😁, and she deserves the royal suite we booked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to start judging people again for things that matter like their poor choice of clothing, thrifty tipping habits and inane planning over simple domestic travel! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I can't wait to start judging people again for things that matter like their poor choice of clothing, thrifty tipping habits and inane planning over simple domestic travel! 

And standing in line at guest relations to remove tips for the horrid service received at xxx restaurant etc.  Grab a glass of wine and sit back and watch the AI entertainment, wearing totally inappropriate clothing of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 3:32 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

I can't wait to start judging people again for things that matter like their poor choice of clothing, thrifty tipping habits and inane planning over simple domestic travel! 

Yeah, the important things.  LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 10:15 PM, KWW88 said:

And standing in line at guest relations to remove tips for the horrid service received

A thing of the past I think now it’s AI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Or sitting near the Guest Relations Desk just to listen to the ‘novel’ and ‘important’ complaints. 
 

one of my favorites was listening to a woman yelling at the poor relations woman ‘Do you know who I Am!’ Over and over. The poor officer handed her the phone to talk to a supervisor followed by the woman yelling into the phone ‘do you know who I am! Do you know who you are speaking to!’’

 

 Fun. I knew a good answer....’Mam, I may not know Who you are, but I know What you are!’   
 

oh for those days. 
 

den

Edited by Denny01
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 3:15 PM, KWW88 said:

More and more the posts seem to becoming more positively focused on a return to the actual cruising experience.  Love seeing the topics on Retreat, suite questions, late night dining, buffet etc. which is why I joined CC.  Fairly new here but have looked at a lot of the topics on vaccine, Gov decisions, is it safe, anti-vax etc. it is nice to sense people are starting to feel better about resuming cruising.  I just kind of feel it is reflected on some of the recent topics.  Happy sailing all, April 2022 for me.

 

I really don’t think so.  CC participation seems to have dropped during the pandemic and the few people that are left have tired of slamming each other.  I think the CC community is just waiting on cruising to resume so they will get some fresh meat from new participants.  Only then can we return to the CC of the past where positivity is out the window.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

I really don’t think so.  CC participation seems to have dropped during the pandemic and the few people that are left have tired of slamming each other.  I think the CC community is just waiting on cruising to resume so they will get some fresh meat from new participants.  Only then can we return to the CC of the past where positivity is out the window.  

To your point- previous to the pandemic much of the CC activity had been on Roll Calls.  They have been crickets for a year now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

To your point- previous to the pandemic much of the CC activity had been on Roll Calls.  They have been crickets for a year now.

And posters are much nicer on Roll Calls since there is a chance of meeting up, and you aren’t so anonymous. Funny how that works. 

 

Den

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 3:15 PM, KWW88 said:

More and more the posts seem to becoming more positively focused on a return to the actual cruising experience.  Love seeing the topics on Retreat, suite questions, late night dining, buffet etc. which is why I joined CC.  Fairly new here but have looked at a lot of the topics on vaccine, Gov decisions, is it safe, anti-vax etc. it is nice to sense people are starting to feel better about resuming cruising.  I just kind of feel it is reflected on some of the recent topics.  Happy sailing all, April 2022 for me.

If you'd like anti-vax screeds, please check out the NCL boards! 

It seems a vocal segment of their guests thought "freestyle cruising" was code for some sort of don't tread on me/Q anon conspiracy ethos, and not a marketing slogan about being able to wear shorts in specialty restaurants for dinner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 2:27 PM, C-Dragons said:

My glass is always half full and my bags are packed and ready to go! 🍷😎🚢🛳

 

My glass is always half empty when it comes to alcohol, half full when it comes to life.  :classic_cool:

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

If you'd like anti-vax screeds, please check out the NCL boards! 

It seems a vocal segment of their guests thought "freestyle cruising" was code for some sort of don't tread on me/Q anon conspiracy ethos, and not a marketing slogan about being able to wear shorts in specialty restaurants for dinner. 

So true!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 6:37 AM, deliver42 said:

I can't wait to see the rants about someone wearing a baseball cap for dinner.

 

What's your point?  

 

😉

 

- Joel

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 11:29 AM, AstoriaPreppy said:

If you'd like anti-vax screeds, please check out the NCL boards! 

It seems a vocal segment of their guests thought "freestyle cruising" was code for some sort of don't tread on me/Q anon conspiracy ethos, and not a marketing slogan about being able to wear shorts in specialty restaurants for dinner. 

We have done 7 NCL cruises as well as 2 on Royal C. and 11 on Celebrity.  There is a difference in the passengers on NCL from Celebrity.  NCL usually has more younger passengers and more kids on the cruise ships.  Our roll calls on Celebrity cruises always had way more participants than on NCL.   

 

Not sure why more anti vexers would be on NCL.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...