Latest Viking Cancellations

SM77

I just wanted to report after Viking did their latest cancellations last week, April 6th, which included cancelling cruises in Russia and the Ukraine(our September trip), we choose to receive a refund instead of FCV since we already have a very large FCV from our April 2020 cancellation.  Even though It took a really long time to get through to Viking on that day to request the refund and my TA still needed to follow up with Viking, I am happy to report that the refund credit was applied to my credit card today!  Kudos to Viking for being so prompt.  Now to wait for the TA portion to be refunded, I'm sure it will take weeks...

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Wow, that's impressive, especially when some Crystal pax have been waiting over a year. Well done Viking.

Andy, I've taken a cash refund on our last two cancellations and both times, it was less than two weeks from notifying V that we wanted the cash back until it was credited back to our card. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Andy, I've taken a cash refund on our last two cancellations and both times, it was less than two weeks from notifying V that we wanted the cash back until it was credited back to our card. 

We also took the cash refund option when they cancelled the World Cruise. Since it could only be used for a single cruise, the FCV wouldn't have worked for us, as we didn't plan on another World Cruise/Grand Voyage until 2025. However, having booked 2023, I now wish we stayed with the FCV.

For our refund, it got lost in the works, but when contacted, they sent a cheque out the same day by overnight courier. We received it next day. 

• Like 2

We received an refund to our credit card yesterday for only $1,000 which was our deposit, but the remaining balance for our full payment was not refunded.  Is this the normal operating procedure for Viking?

6 minutes ago, shank63 said:

We received an refund to our credit card yesterday for only $1,000 which was our deposit, but the remaining balance for our full payment was not refunded.  Is this the normal operating procedure for Viking?

Charge backs are done on a charge by charge basis. One for your deposit and one for your final payment, etc. The larger payment may take longer.  If you don't see the refund by the end of this week, contact Viking.

On 4/14/2021 at 1:06 PM, shank63 said:

Just an update on our cancellation, our travel agent submitted our refund request for the cancellation on 4/7, received the deposit refund on 4/13 and the full amount on 4/17.  That is absolutely impressive!

• Like 4