MSC Seashore AIS is now ON!

pappahbuttz

We are booked for late September, can’t wait either as this is our third attempt to cruise this itinerary. Original was meant to be on Grandiosa so hopefully we will still get the ‘new’ ship experience. Everything possible crossed and had both vaccinations!

21 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Another Dec Seashore cruiser. Absolutely cannot wait.

Nice.

We've been (in our mindset) back and forth so many times of if this would sail and if it would be safe to go.  Although incredibly in good shape, mid-60's and very active, genetics are a game changer regardless of annual physicals, lab work, etc.  So, we take precautions as necessary.  Covid, as one would expect, made us a bit more concerned about the Seashore B2B at the beginning of December 2021.

The vaccine (for us Pfizer) has made us really a lot more comfortable, especially with regards to the ship.  We are also fortunate enough to have booked the Yacht Club, same stateroom for the B2B, which might offer a less exposed environment.  Or not.  We will not be flying to Florida though.  Despite the advocacy of the safety of airplanes versus cruise ships, we're very experienced with each and we just don't buy it (for us, as our personal decision).

Loved the Seaside YC immensely, the Meraviglia YC almost as much; that open restaurant over the lounge and the outside access is one of the best club-within-a-club offerings at sea IOO.

Again, nice.  And, nice to be "excited about cruising again."

I do love the optimism.  But lets muddy the waters with some facts.  The OP (who started this thread) lives in a country where he/she may continue to be locked down well into the next century.  And assuming they would even let him/her out of Canada they might face some kind of government imposed quarantine (at their own expense) upon their return.

As to MSC operating in December (we have a MSC cruise booked in October) that will depend on our "beloved" CDC who apparently has it in their minds to halt cruising well into the next millennium.   So what to do?  Perhaps planning on a cruise that does not embark, disembark, or call at any US port is a good starter.  DW and I continue to reevaluate the current cruise/travel scene and find ourselves continuing to book land trips to various parts of Mexico.  In the case of Mexico we have a government and President (AMLO) who are very pro tourism and is doing their best to welcome tourism with an eye on COVID mitigation.   There are also a few US States (i,e, Florida, Texas, etc) that welcome tourism/visitors and allow most tourist/related activities/sites to operate unimpeded by the heavy hand of some government bureaucrats.

Another travel opportunity that will be opening up as soon as next week is Greece.  But given the COVID situation within Greece we are not prepared to recommend visiting until their government lifts some of their lockdown restrictions.

Hank

Hank ... There are currently issues within Greece and Corfu in particular, the Greek Government has decided that Corfu can accept flights from Friday 23rd April and over the Easter period, bearing mind nothing is open and those living on the island are still in lockdown over the Easter period.

The decision makes no sense whatsoever and is causing issues for the islanders.

Sidari, I’m a bit confused with regards your reference to Easter! Do they have a different calendar in Greece or is it something to do with the Orthodox Church or are you thinking ahead to 2022?

45 minutes ago, Number34 said:

Sidari, I’m a bit confused with regards your reference to Easter! Do they have a different calendar in Greece or is it something to do with the Orthodox Church or are you thinking ahead to 2022?

As Preziosa says Easter is later in Greece this year. In 2022 it is just one week behind the UK which is April 17th, Greece April 24th.

Edited by sidari

17 hours ago, sfaaa said:

I have my hotel booked but am still hesitate to book air even though airfare has been going up. 

We have been able to just switch our dates with the airline each time, however Southwest gave us a credit for the flights from one city in California to another.