Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

A number of countries have little to no covid cases these days. New Zealand has averaged under 10 cases a day for months. They know better than to let Americans in.

American Samoa had 4 (four) cases total of which 3 recovered and 1 apparently has not died.

It is possible by following simple instructions including testing and quarantining.

Pogo had it right.

51JxDTVIwdL.jpg

Yes, it is much easier to control on an island where you can stop people from entering your country.  Our country permits international travel.  People who travel and have covid spread the virus. Sheltering in place does not stop the virus when people are constantly traveling.  At some point, people have to be able to live their lives and accept whatever risks that come with it.

People who are still afraid of getting covid after there are vaccines and better treatments should just stay home.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

But I guess you have to fly down there on an airline that does not require you to be already vaccinated.

Also, since they are trying to entice unvaccinated tourists to come, are they requiring any tests to make sure they do not have Covid.

I wasn't aware any airline required vaccinations but the do require masks. I'm sure you have to be tested. I'll have to try to find the article again.

These aren't what I read yesterday but suffice

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/91785

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/news/vaccination-push-continuing-amid-concerns-over-vaccine-tourism/article_3e7ab228-988a-54a0-96c0-a25f61936c37.html

5 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Yes, it is much easier to control on an island where you can stop people from entering your country.  Our country permits international travel.  People who travel and have covid spread the virus. Sheltering in place does not stop the virus when people are constantly traveling.  At some point, people have to be able to live their lives and accept whatever risks that come with it.

People who are still afraid of getting covid after there are vaccines and better treatments should just stay home.

We had the opportunity over a year ago to do a better job with the virus. The cost would have been much less. Pay now or pay much more later. Don't cry about it now. Learn from the mistakes because there will surely be more pandemics in the future. Terrorists surely are watching.

Why should the people who followed simple instructions pay the price for those who didn't, or who refuse to continue? Illogical.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

But I guess you have to fly down there on an airline that does not require you to be already vaccinated.

Also, since they are trying to entice unvaccinated tourists to come, are they requiring any tests to make sure they do not have Covid.

Found the article I was thinking of...

https://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/Insights/USVI-rolls-out-the-welcome-mat-for-vaccine-tourism

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I wasn't aware any airline required vaccinations but the do require masks. I'm sure you have to be tested. I'll have to try to find the article again.

They don't and the CDC, without any facts, just stated that by eliminating middle seats, you can reduce the spread of covid by 50%. This one made me laugh last night when I saw it. They have no facts to prove the statement. They have not tested any airline passengers to prove the statement. They tried to use "facts" and misused their own comment. Yes, if there are 3 seats and you eliminate the middle one, you reduce the chance by 33% not 50% (that is where their "facts" were wrong). By having the middle seats used, you "increase your chances by 50%."

This stupid statement from the CDC yesterday just goes to show how useless the CDC is in a pandemic. They are using 5th grade hypothetic math as their basis for public safety. They are not using data. What makes it even worse, the blind lemmings believing everything the CDC says is fact and backed with science. This one statement alone made by them proves they are using no data or science.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

These aren't what I read yesterday but suffice

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/91785

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/news/vaccination-push-continuing-amid-concerns-over-vaccine-tourism/article_3e7ab228-988a-54a0-96c0-a25f61936c37.html

I could be wrong, but I remember reading that Quantas would require passengers to be vaccinated, and that other airlines could possibly follow that lead.

1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

They don't and the CDC, without any facts, just stated that by eliminating middle seats, you can reduce the spread of covid by 50%. This one made me laugh last night when I saw it. They have no facts to prove the statement. They have not tested any airline passengers to prove the statement. They tried to use "facts" and misused their own comment. Yes, if there are 3 seats and you eliminate the middle one, you reduce the chance by 33% not 50% (that is where their "facts" were wrong). By having the middle seats used, you "increase your chances by 50%."

This stupid statement from the CDC yesterday just goes to show how useless the CDC is in a pandemic. They are using 5th grade hypothetic math as their basis for public safety. They are not using data. What makes it even worse, the blind lemmings believing everything the CDC says is fact and backed with science. This one statement alone made by them proves they are using no data or science.

I saw on the news this morning that the CDC said the chances of getting Covid would be reduced by 57% with the middle seat empty. It did not say where they got this data from. 

My immediate thought when I heard this was actually, "weren't they saying all along that airline travel was safe?".

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I saw on the news this morning that the CDC said the chances of getting Covid would be reduced by 57% with the middle seat empty. It did not say where they got this data from. 

My immediate thought when I heard this was actually, "weren't they saying all along that airline travel was safe?".

Exactly. They don't have any data. They make it up as they go because a large majority of the country believes them blindly.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

We had the opportunity over a year ago to do a better job with the virus. The cost would have been much less. Pay now or pay much more later. Don't cry about it now. Learn from the mistakes because there will surely be more pandemics in the future. Terrorists surely are watching.

Why should the people who followed simple instructions pay the price for those who didn't, or who refuse to continue? Illogical.

I'm not sure where you were a year ago. We shut down nearly every business, grounded most planes and cruises, and locked people inside for over a month. What more did you want? Unfortunately, it did little other than tank our economy

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

A number of countries have little to no covid cases these days. New Zealand has averaged under 10 cases a day for months. They know better than to let Americans in.

American Samoa had 4 (four) cases total of which 3 recovered and 1 apparently has not died.

It is possible by following simple instructions including testing and quarantining.

Pogo had it right.

51JxDTVIwdL.jpg

Imagine taking this stance that Samoa and Zealand are models that countries like the USA can replicate.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The risk of death from Covid is greater than from an unproven connection to a few deaths. The deaths may have happened anyway, but they will be thoroughly investigated. The two main vaccines are still full speed ahead.

There is no data on this yet and I still would never take a vaccination for a virus that has a .03% death rate for my age bracket. .03% death rate! I have a much higher risk of dying while I drunken kite fish for tiger sharks every weekend as me and my Florida friends always do. RIP Nathan. 

Seriously though, people have been sending me reports of deaths from the vaccine for months and they were just being ignored. Healthy people dropping dead four hours after a vaccine is no coincidence. My wife came home from a mammogram yesterday and they asked her if she had gotten the vaccine and she said no and they said good and handed her a flyer from the Society of Breast Imaging which says there appears to be early results of malignancy rates higher than 56% in recent vaccinated women. This was a known issue in Flu vaccines, but only at .04%. They did not say not to take it, they just presented their data.    

• Like 5

10 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

In other words, I am not science denying tin foil hat wearing moron.

Common sense would have controlled the outbreak earlier and saved many thousands of lives  And we would be cruising.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

I guess you would call this famous scientist "a science denying tin foil hat wearing moron" for questioning everything.  

• Like 6

13 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Since the virus is all over the world, simple instructions could not have stopped it.  As long as travel was permitted, lockdowns were useless. You can't eliminate a virus when people are spreading it by traveling. 

I have been fully vaccinated, gave up my freedom for a year, and expect to have my life back now.  Enough of the restrictions. Covid may never go away.  What then?  Shelter in place?  Ruin all of the small businesses? Pay people to stay home?  I'm tired of it and think it's ridiculous that cruises can't begin with precautions.

Time to live

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

We shut down nearly every business, grounded most planes and cruises, and locked people inside for over a month.

Unfortunately all it took was a small minority to allow the disease to continue to spread, nullifying a great amount of possibility to really nip it in the bud.  If your plastic bucket is mostly sealed, but has some holes anyway, the water still leaks out.

But I will also point out the main reason for the lock downs was to "slow the spread" or "flatten the curve" until the disease was better understood, treatments were developed, and possibly a vaccine.  It was not expected to completely shutdown the spread, although that could have been achieved if everyone actually took the precautions to heart, which is what happened in NZ and other places that could enact very tight controls.

So here we are, we flattened the curve, have better treatments, and vaccines being jabbed.  It wasn't handled perfectly, mistakes were made, and too many people got sick or died, just not in the much higher numbers that could have happened.  About one month from now, in the US, there may be very little reason for continued restrictions, including cruising.  (And I will repeat my cautioning statement: cruising goes to foreign ports, so those also have to get the situation addressed, regardless of how well the US might be doing.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."

I guess you would call this famous scientist "a science denying tin foil hat wearing moron" for questioning everything.  

Einstein didn't deny science and was capable of, and in fact did, change his mind at times. He made his share of mistakes, but was willing to learn from them.

• Like 1

DAFFY DUCK BACK FLIPS!  Oh, wait...this is an impressive business statement, IMO.

I have already cancelled this years re-books on Celebrity due to stated vax requirements.  Turned down another 2 free AQ veranda from St Maarten in June/July, 2 Nov/Dec free Concierge on the Edge class..... and all I have left are 4 cabins on Carnival, rebooks for Sept & Oct this year, and one new for Oct 2022.

So, I'm keeping my HOPES up and keeping my reduced rate Carnival cruises. 

Regardless of how things play out, Carnival looks good to me politically...they support the AMERICAN way of life. Freedom of choice. They keep my money a little longer.  Because I don't believe that just because A.Donald SAYS they won't require a vax, that it will play out that way for the next year.  If it does, DAFFY DUCK BACK FLIPS!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

There is no data on this yet and I still would never take a vaccination for a virus that has a .03% death rate for my age bracket. .03% death rate! I have a much higher risk of dying while I drunken kite fish for tiger sharks every weekend as me and my Florida friends always do. RIP Nathan. 

I guess you can enjoy land vacations until you are older.

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I could be wrong, but I remember reading that Quantas would require passengers to be vaccinated, and that other airlines could possibly follow that lead.

I think there might be a few but doubt they fly from the mainland to USVI.

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I'm not sure where you were a year ago. We shut down nearly every business, grounded most planes and cruises, and locked people inside for over a month. What more did you want? Unfortunately, it did little other than tank our economy

Imagine taking this stance that Samoa and Zealand are models that countries like the USA can replicate.

It got a small segment of the population very, very wealthy

• Like 6

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

There is no data on this yet and I still would never take a vaccination for a virus that has a .03% death rate for my age bracket. .03% death rate!

A great benefit from everyone getting vaccinated is that it significantly reduces the chances of it spreading to the the portion of the population that is very vulnerable (because, as is pointed out consistently, the vaccines are not 100% effective).  So you aren't doing it just to protect yourself, but all of the society you live in.

But I guess that involves a smidge of empathy and understanding of doing things for the "common good".

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

. Yes, if there are 3 seats and you eliminate the middle one, you reduce the chance by 33% not 50% (that is where their "facts" were wrong). By having the middle seats used, you "increase your chances by 50%."

This stupid statement from the CDC yesterday just goes to show how useless the CDC is in a pandemic. They are using 5th grade hypothetic math as their basis for public safety. They are not using data. What makes it even worse, the blind lemmings believing everything the CDC says is fact and backed with science. This one statement alone made by them proves they are using no data or science

Your logic isn't. If you don't use middle seats, you eliminate a third of the people but not a third of the risk. The spread of virus depends a number of factors including distancing. By not using middle seats, you increase the separation distance and decrease the risk. It has little to do with the number of people on the plane. A 777 carries more people than a 737, but either one could have higher risk depending on spacing. OR they could have the same.

16 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Unfortunately all it took was a small minority to allow the disease to continue to spread, nullifying a great amount of possibility to really nip it in the bud.  If your plastic bucket is mostly sealed, but has some holes anyway, the water still leaks out.

But I will also point out the main reason for the lock downs was to "slow the spread" or "flatten the curve" until the disease was better understood, treatments were developed, and possibly a vaccine.  It was not expected to completely shutdown the spread, although that could have been achieved if everyone actually took the precautions to heart, which is what happened in NZ and other places that could enact very tight controls.

So here we are, we flattened the curve, have better treatments, and vaccines being jabbed.  It wasn't handled perfectly, mistakes were made, and too many people got sick or died, just not in the much higher numbers that could have happened.  About one month from now, in the US, there may be very little reason for continued restrictions, including cruising.  (And I will repeat my cautioning statement: cruising goes to foreign ports, so those also have to get the situation addressed, regardless of how well the US might be doing.)

There is no logical reason to say a small minority infected the majority.  Wasn't the majority self segregated from this minority?  The small minority could only have infected themselves. 

Many of us have continued to work in our places of businesses without the luxury of working in your own bubbles.  None of my fellow "essentials"  have gotten the virus but we have keep the world running.  

• Like 6

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Your logic isn't. If you don't use middle seats, you eliminate a third of the people but not a third of the risk. The spread of virus depends a number of factors including distancing. By not using middle seats, you increase the separation distance and decrease the risk. It has little to do with the number of people on the plane. A 777 carries more people than a 737, but either one could have higher risk depending on spacing. OR they could have the same.

Neither matters if COVID McCoughy is on your flight

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

United has been filling every seat since November

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

A great benefit from everyone getting vaccinated is that it significantly reduces the chances of it spreading to the the portion of the population that is very vulnerable (because, as is pointed out consistently, the vaccines are not 100% effective).  So you aren't doing it just to protect yourself, but all of the society you live in.

But I guess that involves a smidge of empathy and understanding of doing things for the "common good".

Just not true, you actually can still carry the virus and have less of a chance of knowing you are spreading it due to a lack of symptoms. So taking the vaccine increases your chances of passing the virus to the vulnerable. Add that to the fact that everyone thinks they can do whatever they want once vaccinated. 

"if people don't get very sick with COVID-19, they may still contract an infection and can potentially transmit the virus to others.Apr 6, 2021"

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/if-youre-vaccinated-can-you-transmit-covid-19-what-we-know#:~:text=None of the vaccines are,transmit the virus to others.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Elaine5715 said:

None of my fellow "essentials"  have gotten the virus but we have keep the world running.  

You know this how? Isn't that protected information? Were all of you tested daily and I'm not referring to temperature? Ever hear of asymptomatic cases?