Jump to content

Looks like Royal is off to a bang. Released today


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, F27TW said:

Adventure of the Seas
Capacity at 100%: 3,100
Date: June 12, 2021
Homeport: Nassau 

 

Exactly where .. and how .. will they have check in and processing facilities in Nassau for 3,100 people departing on a ship?     That mess of a port area in Nassau can barely handle the day stopping cruise ships .. how could this dump possibly handle originating/terminating cruises ??

 

I'll let ya know...  At least as of right now I'm booked on it!  I'm wondering many of the same things...  (Not the dump of a port part, I'm actually looking forward to my pre-stay!)

Edited by horric29
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F27TW said:

Adventure of the Seas
Capacity at 100%: 3,100
Date: June 12, 2021
Homeport: Nassau 

 

Exactly where .. and how .. will they have check in and processing facilities in Nassau for 3,100 people departing on a ship?     That mess of a port area in Nassau can barely handle the day stopping cruise ships .. how could this dump possibly handle originating/terminating cruises ??

 

These new sailings won't be at 100%. That figure is just listing how many passengers IF it was 100% capacity, not that those sail date are at 100% capacity. Again, the way that website posts these things are ridiculous. It doesn't help that people are misinterpreting the information.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This guide to  Royal Caribbean International ships’ big comebacks, are based on announced deployment and cruises available for booking on Royal Caribbean's website (all information is subject to change due to the COVID-19 crisis):

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm not even sure what I'm reading here or what this means since there is 0% chance those sailings are going to sail in July of 2021..............This might be a good forecast for 2022 but right now this thread is worthless!

Exactly what I was thinking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, F27TW said:

Adventure of the Seas
Capacity at 100%: 3,100
Date: June 12, 2021
Homeport: Nassau 

 

Exactly where .. and how .. will they have check in and processing facilities in Nassau for 3,100 people departing on a ship?     That mess of a port area in Nassau can barely handle the day stopping cruise ships .. how could this dump possibly handle originating/terminating cruises ??

 

 

And it's in the middle of a construction project

Screenshot_20210401-165634_Facebook.thumb.jpg.ce22af87a693d9da931c702898c335f0.jpg

 

Last sentence is kinda important 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArthurUSCG said:

I wonder how they are going to be able to stock the ships. Nassau doesn't have the best terminal facility.

 

The Bermuda sailings of Vision have a technical stop in Freeport in the middle of the night or something like that. Adventure has an actual stop in Freeport. I suspect that's the location where such things will take place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2021 at 3:32 PM, John&LaLa said:

 

Looks like they are behind schedule

 

#islandtime

...... Bahamanians running behind schedule?   You must be joking.  😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I wonder what it will be like to embark from a terminal with “an open air concept” in the Bahamas, in the summer.

Like chicken eggs in an incubator waiting to hatch..................

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Like chicken eggs in an incubator waiting to hatch..................

 

The aroma of sweat, body odor, and SARS-CoV-2...if you're fortunate to be able to smell things 🙂 

Edited by boxedlunch
Link to post
Share on other sites

To try to sift out the more likely to sail of the original OP list...

Less of a bang but a fairly impressive whimper...

 

 

• Adventure of the Seas Sailings from Nassau, Bahamas beginning June 2021.

 

• Vision of the Seas Sailings from Bermuda beginning June 2021.

 

• Jewel of the Seas sailings from Limassol, Cyprus beginning June 2021.

 

• Odyssey of the Seas Inaugural season out of Haifa, Israel from June to October 2021. Available for residents of Israel only.

 

• Anthem of the Seas Ocean Getaways and British Isles itineraries from Southampton exclusively for UK residents.

 

All with about 60% capacity, (or as many rooms as they can sell whichever higher).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last updated April 8th, 2021

At Royal Caribbean International, our guests and crew's safety and well-being are always our top priorities. In order to allow additional time for our return to service preparations, we have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for our global fleet through June 30th, 2021 – excluding sailings onboard Quantum, Spectrum, Voyager, Anthem, Adventure, Vision, Jewel, and Odyssey of the Seas. Our plan is to resume further operation in July; however, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:

 Quantum of the Seas Alaska sailings departing April 5 to October 14, 2021: In order to allow additional time for our preparation, Quantum of the Seas will remain in the Asia-Pacific region.

 Odyssey of the Seas May 9 to October 28, 2021 sailings departing from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy. Instead, Odyssey will begin her inaugural season out of a new homeport, Haifa, Israel from June to October 2021. These new sailings are available for residents of Israel only.

 Adventure of the Seas June 5 to October 14, 2021: Instead of offering sailings from Barcelona, Spain, Adventure of the Seas will now offer sailings from Nassau, Bahamas beginning June 2021.

 Vision of the Seas June 6 to August 29, 2021: Instead of offering sailings from San Juan, Puerto Rico, Vision of the Seas will now offer sailings from Bermuda beginning June 2021.

 Jewel of the Seas June 7 to October 31, 2021: Instead of offering sailings from Northern Europe; Barcelona, Spain; and Boston, Massachusetts, Jewel of the Seas will now offer sailings from Limassol, Cyprus beginning June 2021.

 Anthem of the Seas June 4 to August 29, 2021: Instead of offering European sailings, Anthem of the Seas will now offer Ocean Getaways and British Isles itineraries from Southampton exclusively for UK residents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Last updated April 8th, 2021

At Royal Caribbean International, our guests and crew's safety and well-being are always our top priorities. In order to allow additional time for our return to service preparations, we have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for our global fleet through June 30th, 2021 – excluding sailings onboard Quantum, Spectrum, Voyager, Anthem, Adventure, Vision, Jewel, and Odyssey of the Seas. Our plan is to resume further operation in July; however, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:

 Quantum of the Seas Alaska sailings departing April 5 to October 14, 2021: In order to allow additional time for our preparation, Quantum of the Seas will remain in the Asia-Pacific region.

 Odyssey of the Seas May 9 to October 28, 2021 sailings departing from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy. Instead, Odyssey will begin her inaugural season out of a new homeport, Haifa, Israel from June to October 2021. These new sailings are available for residents of Israel only.

 Adventure of the Seas June 5 to October 14, 2021: Instead of offering sailings from Barcelona, Spain, Adventure of the Seas will now offer sailings from Nassau, Bahamas beginning June 2021.

 Vision of the Seas June 6 to August 29, 2021: Instead of offering sailings from San Juan, Puerto Rico, Vision of the Seas will now offer sailings from Bermuda beginning June 2021.

 Jewel of the Seas June 7 to October 31, 2021: Instead of offering sailings from Northern Europe; Barcelona, Spain; and Boston, Massachusetts, Jewel of the Seas will now offer sailings from Limassol, Cyprus beginning June 2021.

 Anthem of the Seas June 4 to August 29, 2021: Instead of offering European sailings, Anthem of the Seas will now offer Ocean Getaways and British Isles itineraries from Southampton exclusively for UK residents.

So bottom line is there a chance cruises are leaving in July?

say like 1 in a million or so??

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2021 at 10:15 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

I wonder what it will be like to embark from a terminal with “an open air concept” in the Bahamas, in the summer.

 

Oh very classy.. a 5-star experience, for sure.  Just like the rest of Nassau. 😝

Edited by F27TW
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, F27TW said:

 

Oh very classy.. a 5-star experience, for sure.  Just like the rest of Nassau. 😝


i don’t mind Nassau at all.  We have been walking to the bus stop and taking a local bus to see what the non-touristy part of Nassau is like.  We’ve gone to a locals’ beach, taken a folding fishing rod and gone fishing, and enjoyed a 45-minute bus ride through areas we had never seen before.  What I would mind is the hassle of flying  followed by dragging luggage through Nassau and then the “open air” check-in process.  I am okay with returning from excursions dirty and sweaty because I can immediately go to the cabin to clean up, but I don’t want to start a cruise travel-worn and dirty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The State Department is about to recommend  a Level 4 do not travel to 80% of the global countries following CDC guidelines.

 

https://news.yahoo.com/state-department-issue-travel-advisories-020043011.html

 

One more obstacle. And bookending the CDC and State Department around the cruising  industry.

Got a feeling most Caribbean new home ports could be on that list. We will know soon.

 

Anybody know off hand that if State dept says do not go there and you do, are you on your own if something goes wrong healthwise  or political disruption wise?

 

Myanmar and Afghanistan , Iraq and Iran are level 4 now as examples. St Maartin is a level 3 right now, and Curacao is level 4.

 

Macau is just fine.

 

Perhaps itineraries should show the ports with State Department level of advisory.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

I think the only ship I will get to touch soon is the board game battle ship - The CDC is sinking everything!

Amazing how some people on here are actually blaming the CDC .. and not the virus itself for this disruption. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Azamara - We are back with New Greece Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...