June sailings just cancelled on Royal Caribbean

are selling out of Venice on the Rhapsody of the Seas was just canceled 

I immediately  trying to book a July sailing with Royal Caribbean, using my future cruise credits (FCC). But I was told that the FCC will not be issued to me for at least 30 days and that is beyond the final payment date of the cruise that I wanted to substitute it with. 

this is a ridiculous policy! One is already inconvenienced by having booked flights that cannot be canceled and suffering of charge fees on flights and lost fees on hotels. It’s pretty problematic to have to rebook flights for an entire family and suffer the cost they’re in. Additionally Royal Caribbean rather than giving you priority on the next sailing because of their cancellation is actually penalizing cruise passengers - why not allowing them to instantly use their FCC’s.  
I missed the July sailing and will not be able to sail for the rest of the year, because of our family’s vacation availability. 

I think Royal Caribbean should be prioritizing immediately rebooking passengers who have been canceled, rather than treating them as second class citizens!!!

shame on you Royal Caribbean!!

11 minutes ago, Miamiwarrior said:

I immediately  trying to book a July sailing with Royal Caribbean, using my future cruise credits (FCC). But I was told that the FCC will not be issued to me for at least 30 days and that is beyond the final payment date of the cruise that I wanted to substitute it with. 

this is a ridiculous policy! One is already inconvenienced by having booked flights that cannot be canceled and suffering of charge fees on flights and lost fees on hotels. It’s pretty problematic to have to rebook flights for an entire family and suffer the cost they’re in. Additionally Royal Caribbean rather than giving you priority on the next sailing because of their cancellation is actually penalizing cruise passengers - why not allowing them to instantly use their FCC’s.  
I missed the July sailing and will not be able to sail for the rest of the year, because of our family’s vacation availability. 

I think Royal Caribbean should be prioritizing immediately rebooking passengers who have been canceled, rather than treating them as second class citizens!!!

June was cancelled last week.  Why would you even think about rebooking for July,..those will be cancelled as well. 

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :classic_smile: It is a shame that you didn't find the site sooner. This has been a conversation topic for over a year. I believe US citizens are still prohibited from entering the EU without restrictions or quarantine. We don't know if that will have changed by July, anyway. :classic_sad:

34 minutes ago, Miamiwarrior said:

Sorry to hear your cruise was cancelled.  Hopefully flights and hotels wont be a complete loss and able to get refunds or credits to use in future.

I wouldnt get upset they wouldnt let you use fcc to rebook for July.

Highly doubt July will happen.   Doubt the EU will be ready to accept US travelers this summer without quarantine, etc etc.

You may want to consider booking refundable airfare through air2sea for future travels.  

if you got a great price on your sailing you could do a L&s to next summer.

58 minutes ago, Miamiwarrior said:

I'm curious when you even booked this cruise, and why you would even bother to look for hotels or plane tickets. Never was a chance of this sailing going.

Your airline will be happy to work with you to avoid penalties for changes or give you a full refund, in the form of a credit to be taken within a year.  We have done twice already...they were perfectly happy to help us during this pandemic.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

They signed up on February 22, 2020.

So possibly getting the hang of it...Or something.:classic_biggrin:

And yes. I missed the year part. :classic_tongue:

Edited by Coralc
5 hours ago, Miamiwarrior said:

Even if Royal did prioritise rebooking passengers, who have had their cruises cancelled, who would Royal prioritise first: Those guests in suites; Guest in disabled cabins; Those who booked their cancelled cruise first and lets not forgot crown and anchor levels. Where would Pinnacles members using their free cruise voucher be placed in the rebooking list? 

Have any of you who had your June cruise cancelled have NOT received anything from RC? My cruise was June 28 but still haven't received an email.  Neither has my TA.  She called to ask about the 125% OBC for Cruise Planner purchases and they said my sailing is still showing as "active" even though when I log in, it says "cancelled".  I'm trying to get a written cancellation so that I can provide it to my travel insurance so that they can hopefully move it to a new cruise.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

Have any of you who had your June cruise cancelled have NOT received anything from RC? My cruise was June 28 but still haven't received an email.  Neither has my TA.  She called to ask about the 125% OBC for Cruise Planner purchases and they said my sailing is still showing as "active" even though when I log in, it says "cancelled".  I'm trying to get a written cancellation so that I can provide it to my travel insurance so that they can hopefully move it to a new cruise.

Did you try to call yourself?

No need to involve travel insurance company.

Edited by Sunshine3601
9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You have to involve the travel insurance company if you want to move your coverage to a new sailing. And you need to provide them with something in writing showing that the cruise is cancelled and you have not submitted any claims against the policy. Been there, done that. :classic_biggrin:

6 minutes ago, Coralc said:

You have to involve the travel insurance company if you want to move your coverage to a new sailing. And you need to provide them with something in writing showing that the cruise is cancelled and you have not submitted any claims against the policy. Been there, done that. :classic_biggrin:

Understand now.  I thought the poster wanted to file claim with travel ins co.  

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Call who? RC? My TA called them.  I didn't bother to call because they'll tell me to go thru my TA.  

30 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Yes..this is exactly my situation.

I still haven’t received money due from a May Alaska cancellation !  My June cancellation has disappeared from my cruise list but the May Serenade is still showing up in my list of upcoming cruises.  Very bizarre.

11 hours ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

My cruise was June 28 but still haven't received an email. 

Search some of the cancellation threads, copy one of the e-mails posted there and edit it with your details. The cancellation e-mails are all basically the same.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:21 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

June was cancelled last week.  Why would you even think about rebooking for July,..those will be cancelled as well. 

I'm booked on Indy for August 14th. Do you think it will sail? I'm trying to decide if I should book Vision for June/July. Thanks, it's hard to know what to do!

2 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

I'm booked on Indy for August 14th. Do you think it will sail? I'm trying to decide if I should book Vision for June/July. Thanks, it's hard to know what to do!

At this point I am not sure.  While there seems to be some progress with the CDC it could easily go the other way and sailings don't resume until November

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

At this point I am not sure.  While there seems to be some progress with the CDC it could easily go the other way and sailings don't resume until November

Thank you so much. I respect your opinion!