How will Cunard handle any reduction in passenger numbers on upcoming sailings do you think?

ace2542

From what has been posted in previous threads it seems like the first T/A of 21 will be November 14th cancellations at Brooklyn appear to be upto Nov 12.

A lot of these T/A might be very heavily booked up. Particularly the Dec 15th 26 trip that books up to 2 years in advance in some cases. If Cunard has to cancel people off how do you think they will do it?

Do you think they will go for the money and cancel the lesser paying inside passengers. Or will they go for the loyalty scheme and look out for the most travelled first? Or will chop the most recent bookings. Or will they chop single trip passengers and allow B2B and 26 nighters on the christmas package to remain.  FWIW We booked our Nov 14th T/A over a year ago and are due to sail back Dec 3rd. There is no B2B Dec 8-22 this year at least not a straight up one.

Where those cruises actually advertised years in advance?  i'd have thought they'd all be new cruises -  post pandemic -and that they will only have released the reduced  capacity rooms? 

I'd have also thought if they are going to go ahead with masking - no mixing  with strangers rules etc there will be plenty of cancellations. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lissie said:

Where those cruises actually advertised years in advance?  i'd have thought they'd all be new cruises -  post pandemic -and that they will only have released the reduced  capacity rooms? 

I'd have also thought if they are going to go ahead with masking - no mixing  with strangers rules etc there will be plenty of cancellations. 

The December 15th 26th and 14th of November 26 night package and single or duel legs of each have been on sale for more than year. How well they sold  is any ones guess. How many transferred the cancelled sailing of last year to this year is also any ones guess. We booked our 26 Nov 14 package 2 ships with an agent having seen the very good deal on TV. Many people may have done the same thing I am not sure. Our final payment date is about 4 months. We shall wait see I doubt we will go mind you.

We had a x mass carib cruise booked for 2020 that we canceled then re-booked for 2021 and canceled. We will come back when there are no restrictions ,i suspect there will be some small changes  if they are to our displeasure we will not book. We will let the cunard line get back into the swing of things while we monitor feedback from users. 

• Like 2