Latest FP Entry Requirements

·

From the TahitiInfos website (translated)-

On the issue of opening borders, the High Commissioner announced that they would only be possible by air transport at first. As of 1 st May, tourist movements will be possible again to the United States only. On the other hand, the health situation in metropolitan France does not allow the immediate resumption of travel to France, which remains impossible "until further notice".

On the announcement of the new health protocol of entry into the territory applicable from 1 st May, President detailed a target device based on the medical condition of the travelers.

For vaccinated travelers:

A negative RT-PCR test three days before departure

Proof of "complete vaccination schedule"

A declaration of itinerary and contacts on the Etis platform

An antigen test on arrival at Tahiti-Faa'a airport

No quarantine

A "possible" self-test at D + 4 (the President of the Country indicated that this possibility had not yet been decided)

For travelers who have already contracted the Covid:

A serological test of less than a month proving the presence of antibodies

An antigen test on arrival at Tahiti-Faa'a airport

No quarantine

A "possible" self-test at D + 4 (the President of the Country indicated that this possibility had not yet been decided)

For unvaccinated travelers:

An antigen test on arrival at Tahiti-Faa'a airport

A quarantine of 10 days

Two self-tests on D + 4 and D + 8

I wonder what "proof of vaccination schedule" is? All I have is my little white card, not that I'm going soon.

But my state doesn't have it together regarding official records. So if I was going in the near future I assume something official is what will be required.......

Hope we hear soon.

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

I wonder what "proof of vaccination schedule" is? All I have is my little white card, not that I'm going soon.

But my state doesn't have it together regarding official records. So if I was going in the near future I assume something official is what will be required.......

Hope we hear soon.

Every state but New Hampshire has an immunization information system (IIS). Assuming Oregon officials are keeping the vaccination records they are supposed to you should be able to get a copy of your immunization record from the state's IIS. 

Here's information:

https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/PREVENTIONWELLNESS/VACCINESIMMUNIZATION/GETTINGIMMUNIZED/Pages/ImmRecords.aspx

Here's the adult request form:

https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/PREVENTIONWELLNESS/VACCINESIMMUNIZATION/ALERT/Documents/adultrequest.pdf

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

Every state but New Hampshire has an immunization information system (IIS). Assuming Oregon officials are keeping the vaccination records they are supposed to you should be able to get a copy of your immunization record from the state's IIS. 

Here's information:

https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/PREVENTIONWELLNESS/VACCINESIMMUNIZATION/GETTINGIMMUNIZED/Pages/ImmRecords.aspx

Here's the adult request form:

https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/PREVENTIONWELLNESS/VACCINESIMMUNIZATION/ALERT/Documents/adultrequest.pdf

Thanks NJ. After I posted I looked on the website and found just what you posted. Unfortunately they say they are very behind and will be a few months before they can oblige. Glad I'm not cruising soon.

1 minute ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Paranoia  .... FP is currently one of the safest places to travel internationally and  with the protocols in place shouldn't be a problem. 

I'm only relaying what I am reading - I agree with you. However, I'll pass for this year, got only my first shot and the second only in August. We keep having cases ( 5000 Ontario today-1500 Quebec). Not travelling unless we are safe ourself. We'll just go 2022 but for longer stay - nothing lost :-)

On 4/16/2021 at 8:00 AM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

FP is currently one of the safest places to travel internationally and  with the protocols in place shouldn't be a problem. 

I sure hope that you're right TBK. But if wishes were horses beggars would ride. We're recovering from a pandemic. Other than May 1 no guarantees on travel to Tahiti no matter how safe most of us believe it is. It's in FP and other governments jurisdiction. Windstar lists it's July/August availability as "call for availability" which is their code for "about to be cancelled". And then again it could be that they are keeping their capacities at 50%.

But for today HOORAY- it's open!

I myself don't want the stress after 4 Tahiti cruises canceled. I'll take my chances in 2022 and spend my vacation time in Maui and Kauai until then. Fauci says that Moderna and Pfizer vaccines will give protection for 6 months, and to be determined after that- possibly a booster in the fall.

It should or "shouldn't be a problem" isn't a comfort after the all starts and stops with Tahiti opening and closing. It's in many other's hands, and in fate's.

But I sincerely hope the BEST for you and everyone else! It'll be a joy watching you depart and return this summer.

Edited by Petoonya

2 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Oh hell..so sorry TBK.

Don't be surprised if other cruise lines traveling in FP waters do the dame  😉

My guess is concern that the new protocols are a bit over the top  ... some cruise lines may opt for things to loosen up a bit before moving forward ... just speculation but I wouldn't be surprised. 

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

I'm not surprised at all. Windstar suddenly has all it's summer cruises listed as "call for availability", code words for cancelled. As I said yesterday there are no guarantees that any cruise will sail anymore, but this is mystifying.Cases are down in FP and all onboard will be vaccinated.

Everyone here will want to know if you hear anything. I guess they think it's still too risky.

Again, I'm so sorry about your cruise TBK.

• Like 1

Well you're taking it well. I was kicking walls when another one was cancelled coming up 4/29. You just wonder how long theses cruise lines may stay afloat financially.

Were you leading a group for your July cruise?

21 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Well you're taking it well. I was kicking walls when another one was cancelled coming up 4/29. You just wonder how long theses cruise lines may stay afloat financially.

Were you leading a group for your July cruise?

Yes ... I'm going to face the 'firing squad' tonight on my livestream show  ... people will want to know why that are on any PG cruise through August 28th and I have no answer ... but it affected me personally. I had 11 personal reservations that had to be modified/cancelled. All was taken care of and all vendors were responsive and took the news the best you can hope for.   

10 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Yes ... I'm going to face the 'firing squad' tonight on my livestream show  ... people will want to know why that are on any PG cruise through August 28th and I have no answer ... but it affected me personally. I had 11 personal reservations that had to be modified/cancelled. All was taken care of and all vendors were responsive and took the news the best you can hope for.   

Awwww. I'd hate to be in your shoes. You have kept up your positive attitude all along with good reason. I guess we can't count on anything anymore. Too many variables. The heartache and drain will drag on for vendors. The firing squad can't hold you accountable. Everything looked so positive. 😞