3rd vaccine dose likely needed

7 minutes ago, James4me said:

I heard on the news Johnson and Johnson that there have been side effects concerning blood clots.  People have died taking it a couple days after.  They pulled J & J for the time being.  I was going to go to them for my vaccine.  Now, I can’t trust anyone right now.I’ll just have to wait and see what, if any, side effects occur to those who have  gotten the vaccine. 

When you "hear" things like this you should take the time to collect the facts. Six or seven people have suffered a rare form of blood clot after receiving a J&J vaccination. One has died. About 6.8 million have not suffered any severe side effects.

All cases were in women between 33 and 48. It is not known if there is a common factor linking the cases. If you fit in this age and sex group avoiding J&J might be prudent. However the risks of covid-19 are much more common.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, James4me said:

Why is it some of you are so rude?

Can you believe it's because we worry that you are endangering your own life as well as those around you by ignoring the science and listening to what the conspiracy theorists are promoting?  The last thing we need is for folks to not get vaccinated because of a snippet they heard somewhere.

Please reconsider your position for your own sake.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Can you believe it's because we worry that you are endangering your own life as well as those around you by ignoring the science and listening to what the conspiracy theorists are promoting?  The last thing we need is for folks to not get vaccinated because of a snippet they heard somewhere.

Please reconsider your position for your own sake.

Thank you for your response.  But telling me in your previous response  on both Carnival and Royal “that unless you are a female, on birth control pills, I should have no worries, and to do some real research is a pretty crappy thing to say to a woman.  I really don’t understand some of the rudeness.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

There is a lot going on in your state today.

I am a pacifist.I never attack anyone.I am just an old man ,disabled and spend 21 hours a day in bed.Having the opportunity to post on CC is one of my few pleasures.

God bless you, lenquixote66!

I think you live in Manhattan.  We lived on the Upper East Side for 27 years before moving back to Astoria.  I truly appreciate your wisdom and posts on this board!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, James4me said:

I should have no worries, and to do some real research is a pretty crappy thing to say to a woman.  I really don’t understand some of the rudeness.  

I apologize.  I assumed your name was James.  That was my mistake.

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

34,430 people in Florida have died from COVID.

1,802 in South Korea.

Wow. You're telling us that the death of 1800 people is successful compared to other mandated masked countries. Failure!  So the mask mandate in even a strict totalitarian style regiment of mask wearing still killed 1800 people.  So far not one single country has stopped covid... your mask is only 'masking' the problem. Covid is still wreaking havoc everywhere. 

Keep trying. Surely there is at least one country out there that has mandated mask and have been successful .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

So the mask mandate in even a strict totalitarian style regiment of mask wearing still killed 1800 people.  

I think you are confusing South Korea with North Korea.

South Korea is not a totalitarian regime.  It is one of the strongest democracies in Asia and a staunch supporter of the United States.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, James4me said:

I see you said the same thing on Royal’s board.  I’ll again ask you, why are you so rude?  Your response was completely uncalled for.  

If you find a post to be rude, you should report it to the admins. Click on the three dots next to the post number in upper right. 

Just now, yogimax said:

South Korea is not a totalitarian regime.  It is one of the strongest democracies in Asia and a staunch supporter of the United States.  

I don't read the comment that way at all.🤔

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Not confused. I know the difference between the two. But you have misread my post. I have read what & how S. Korea clamped down on their people w/ regards to virus. Their actions show us that it isn't as a democratic society as we thought it to be. They most definitely could not operate that way in this country. But that's beside the point. The point is even their strict behavior 1800 people were killed. Masks make most feel better but they simply do not work as we've been told... repeatedly... yet some are so convinced they actually believe vaxed people not wearing a mask is prolonging covid virus. The amount of ignorance is amazing for sure

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My interest in fallout is really none of your concern. Carry on

As usual, you avoided answering my question.

Was your geiger counter remark an attempt at humor?

Just answer the question.

18 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

The only question that really needs an answer is, "Does RCL allow gieger counters onboard?"

I doubt they would even know what it was. 

They make small hobby ones that are no bigger than a cell phone.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shorewalk Holmes said:

But it looks like you'd need to do this to make your case.

Doctors investigated over 3000 deaths and didn't find even one that was due to the vaccine!  Either they're right, or they're not to be trusted.   If they're not to be trusted, then why not?

I don't think you should rely on mine, yours, or anyone else's biased opinion, on large groups of people, especially when it comes to a polarized take on integrity or perfection.  I brought you the anomaly, disregard it as you wish. 

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Hiroshima, and Nagasaki. interesting itinerary. Should we bring a geiger counter

I wrote to NCL, told them they should include Okuma in the Fukushima Prefecture, call it the Atomic Cruise.  The ship is the very boring Norwegian Sun, need something to add some interest.  They have not replied.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, coffeebean said:

From where I sit, the J&J vaccine has caused 7 woman to develop blood clots and one woman died. The J&J vaccine roll out has been paused because of this development.

That side effect showed up pretty quickly considering the J&J came out after the rest of them. I wonder what those women had in common that caused the clots.  Between this and the cancer causing  talcum powder J&J is not looking good in the eyes of women.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That side effect showed up pretty quickly considering the J&J came out after the rest of them. I wonder what those women had in common that caused the clots.  Between this and the cancer causing  talcum powder J&J is not looking good in the eyes of women.

I believe the J&J vaccine is made same way astra zeneca is made and they also had blood clot issues in other countries.  Woman of child bearing age that took birth control pills is what I heard as one of the similiarities.

• Like 2