FIAT = Fix it Again Tony

CADILLAC = Crazy And Dumbass Idiots Like Large American Cars

HONDA = Had One Never Did Again

SAAB = Swedish Automobiles Always Breakdown

SUBARU = Screwed Up Beyond All Repair Usually

BMW == Bring My Wallet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, loman said:

I had my first Pfizer shot this week and am scheduled to get the second in August .

I have never taken a flu shot so i was a tad reluctant to get this one. As more information became available i decided this one was probably a necessity .

If the science says we need a booster in 12 months i will get it also .

As for Pfizer saying you need one , its like asking a barber if you need a haircut.

As a fellow Ontarian about 45 mins south of you....... my demographic isn't even eligible for the first shot yet.... let alone a 4 month apart second..... I figure maybe 2022ish? 
We can only look over the wall jealously of those talking about a third "booster" at this point. *sigh*

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

WHY ?  They will just do what they are doing now if people had it laminated before injection #2.

Fill out a new card.

Maybe I like our originals ones. 🤣🙄

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

As a fellow Ontarian about 45 mins south of you....... my demographic isn't even eligible for the first shot yet.... let alone a 4 month apart second..... I figure maybe 2022ish? 
We can only look over the wall jealously of those talking about a third "booster" at this point. *sigh*

According to the provincial covid web page, in July 2021 vaccinations will be open to anyone 16 and older.

In the mean time you might check the page to see if your postal code puts you in a hot spot. People 18-49 in hot spots are eligible.

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Fox local (not the natl one) said pfeizer thinks a booster shot may be needed but pfeizer has a lot of money to gain by recommending the booster. A lot more study is needed. Ha.

A friend of mine who lives in NYC called me last night and said essentially the same thing.He does not trust Pfeizer .He believes there is a lot going on that is not being told to us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jules815 said:

We get our second Moderna shots next Wednesday. We had no reactions whatsoever from the first, but understand we may with the second. We've cleared our calendars just in case. Over the summer I got the Shingrex (shingles) vaccine, and the first one gave me flu like symptoms (body aches, tired, chills) for 48 hours and the second for maybe 24. I'd do it again though. Not surprised the COVID vaccine may be a yearly thing like the flu shot. Fine with that.

Except for already having the second Moderna quite a while ago, my experience is exactly like yours.  My Shingrix experience was far stronger than my Moderna experience, and I would gladly go through both again to avoid getting sick with Covid or with Shingles.  And I get a flu shot every year.  I want to be healthy, myself, and I want everyone else to be safe from coronavirus, too.  That seems to make me an outlier on many of these CC threads, and that saddens me.

• Like 8

I feel bad for people on either side of the vaccination issue.  We all want things back to normal.  We have been cooped up for so long and faced much in terms of economic, social, and developmental costs.  We have new vaccines, but a couple of them have had pauses; and now it is up in the air how often to take them.  There are so many questions and concerns floating around that I feel like either vaccinate or not is justifiable.  In terms of cruising, trying to track boosters and the like will almost surely necessitate a vaccine passport.  This is a sticky issue in terms of medical privacy as so many servers get hacked.  This could even potentially create a pro-vaccine cruise line (like NCL or Royal) verses no vaccine required cruise line (like Carnival is hypothesized to be) divide.  I personally just want to be back in 2019 minding my own business gorging on a lido deck buffet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Maybe I like our originals ones. 🤣🙄

I'll just put them in plastic sleeve...There are two additional spaces on the front for booster's and two more on the back of my card.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jaredhamburg said:

I feel bad for people on either side of the vaccination issue.  We all want things back to normal.  We have been cooped up for so long and faced much in terms of economic, social, and developmental costs.  We have new vaccines, but a couple of them have had pauses; and now it is up in the air how often to take them.  There are so many questions and concerns floating around that I feel like either vaccinate or not is justifiable.  In terms of cruising, trying to track boosters and the like will almost surely necessitate a vaccine passport.  This is a sticky issue in terms of medical privacy as so many servers get hacked.  This could even potentially create a pro-vaccine cruise line (like NCL or Royal) verses no vaccine required cruise line (like Carnival is hypothesized to be) divide.  I personally just want to be back in 2019 minding my own business gorging on a lido deck buffet.

Many of us did not realize how wonderful cruising was until we lost the ability to cruise.If someone told me on my December 2019 cruise that there would be no cruising in 2020 I would ever thought they were nuts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Except for already having the second Moderna quite a while ago, my experience is exactly like yours.  My Shingrix experience was far stronger than my Moderna experience, and I would gladly go through both again to avoid getting sick with Covid or with Shingles.  And I get a flu shot every year.  I want to be healthy, myself, and I want everyone else to be safe from coronavirus, too.  That seems to make me an outlier on many of these CC threads, and that saddens me.

Hi Merion Mom!

Yes, the first Shingrex knocked me on my butt for a long weekend. When I got my second, they told me I would probably be fine, as I already had antibodies from the first. Wrong! Just as bad, but only lasted maybe 24 hours, so shorter than the first, but still felt just as crappy. Still would do it again in a heartbeat. My husband and I are very excited to be finally fully vaccinated. If we need another booster with our annual flu shot, no biggie.  Hope you're doing well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

A friend of mine who lives in NYC called me last night and said essentially the same thing.He does not trust Pfeizer .He believes there is a lot going on that is not being told to us.

Does your friend have any evidence of a conspiracy to withhold information?

I haven't heard any expression of lack of trust in the Pfizer vaccine other than the usual anti vaxxers and conspiracy theorists.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Is your friend in the medical field or is he in consulting a Psychic Friend ? DW knows Doctors where she works who are in the trial for the 3 shot. 

11 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Does your friend have any evidence of a conspiracy to withhold information?

I haven't heard any expression of lack of trust in the Pfizer vaccine other than the usual anti vaxxers and conspiracy theorists.

No,he is anti any vaccination for anything.

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Is your friend in the medical field or is he in consulting a Psychic Friend ? DW knows Doctors where she works who are in the trial for the 3 shot. 

He is not in the medical field.He has never taken a flu shot .His wife has not been to a Medical doctor in 40 years.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

Glad we didn't get our CV-19 vaccination cards laminated. 

I purchased on amazon 4x3 plastic protectors, made physical copies and digital copies of my families cards.      Stored originals in the safe with our passports. 🤩

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would be an anit-vaxxer who cannot figure out why we should get a series of shots that may or may not keep you safe.  If getting the vaccine would get rid of masks then that would be a huge plus but so far that is not the case.  

Just now, lovescats5 said:

I would be an anit-vaxxer who cannot figure out why we should get a series of shots that may or may not keep you safe.  If getting the vaccine would get rid of masks then that would be a huge plus but so far that is not the case.  

Public health "experts" don't want to give up the control of masks.  There's no reason to be wearing masks to begin with, none the less when vaccinated.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lovescats5 said:

I agree completely.  If the vaccine would get rid of masks I would be first in line, even though I still think it is all about the money and we are lemmings following the leader.  

All about the money?  So much money has been lost  across the board because of Covid.  

• Like 2