3rd vaccine dose likely needed

1 hour ago, RoyalC said:

Tell that to Wall St. Washington just prints. No money is lost.  People are buying homes like candy. C'mon

People are buying and refinancing homes because mortgages rates havent been this low in a very long time.    Low inventory of homes for sale is driving up the prices due to multiple bidders on the home.  So you can sell your home for much more than 15 months ago and use that extra money along with low rates to buy your new home.

That's doesnt mean people are swimming in money.  There are a lot of people still suffering from job losses, etc.

And how would you like to balance the budget for our government that is so far into debt with all these stimulus packages and the billions spent on vaccines, etc etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cured said:

As many as are needed until people start following science and we get to herd immunity and no longer have hosts to allow the virus to mutate. Right now the variants are multiplying, necessitating boosters.

The booster that Pfizer is trialing is for the current variants.

Moderna is also working on a booster, hoping to incorporate it into the flu vaccine.

Does that mean Moderna is looking at mRNA technology for the flu vaccine?

29 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yep !!! our youngest son is moving to Colorado and they've lost out on 5 bids with a minimum of 10 bid's per property averaging of $100-150k over ask....It's crazy most places right now.

Unreal. My son and daughter in law are working on relocating to the Tampa area. They will be in Florida before us. They want to buy a condo or house but it's just not affordable here. I can't even afford it anymore.

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Unreal. My son and daughter in law are working on relocating to the Tampa area. They will be in Florida before us. They want to buy a condo or house but it's just not affordable here. I can't even afford it anymore.

Lots of new construction happening in Ruskin, Bradenton, etc that are very reasonable.

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Lots of new construction happening in Ruskin, Bradenton, etc that are very reasonable.

Thank you. We have been looking on the east coast but now that my son and DIL seem to like Tampa we are considering that area. My wife's family are all southeast in the WPB area.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Thank you. We have been looking on the east coast but now that my son and DIL seem to like Tampa we are considering that area. My wife's family are all southeast in the WPB area.

St Petersburg is another nice area.  Lots of nice suburbs outside of tampa.  Check out realtor.com  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The daughter of one of my friends and her fiancée bought an apartment near the Tampa cruiseport.It is supposed to be very beautiful .

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Does that mean Moderna is looking at mRNA technology for the flu vaccine?

I believe Moderna was started specifically to develope mRNA vaccines. The COVID-19 vaccine is the first that they have successfully introduced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

He told me last August at my physical. We were still in the thick of the virus. His main concern was that the side effects might mimic the covid symptoms. 

Thanks. I’ll be getting my shingles shot in about a month or so. 

• Like 1

We have three cruises booked for 2022.  Can we get our booster before April 2022?  'Cause we'll be cruising 365 days from today!  

We had our second jabs on March 17; perfectly willing to get a booster to this as long as we can take those cruises (only once have we done two cruises in a year)!

20 minutes ago, joand452 said:

We have three cruises booked for 2022.  Can we get our booster before April 2022?  'Cause we'll be cruising 365 days from today!  

We had our second jabs on March 17; perfectly willing to get a booster to this as long as we can take those cruises (only once have we done two cruises in a year)!

We don’t even know when they will be out.

Im thinking if we have to get a booster or 3rd shot, the symptoms will be less than the ones most of us felt after the second one

Talking with friends and family they  seem to have more of a reaction to Moderna than we did with the Pfizer.

Speaking of Real Estate I keep hearing about people leaving our state CA  

We sort of did( okay It wasnt me) but never sold our house in CA while being in TX

Our house in Tx went up $30,000 in value over 9 years

during the same time our house in CA went up $300,000 +

In Houston you live in AC and have hurricanes and now tornadoes But people are very friendly 

In Ca we have earthquakes, Having been in LA 71, SF 89, Napa 2014

Ill take our great weather low humidity and an occasional earthquake over Hurricanes and Tornadoes any day 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, broberts said:

The only people being fooled are those that see a conspiracy in every new bit of new knowledge.

Experts have been talking about variants since late summer 2020, perhaps even earlier. At the time the comments centered around the surprising lack of variants. The expectation was they would eventually appear. A concern for the nature of variants has always surrounded the discussion. 

One possible reason for the late appearance of variants is the lack of adequate genomic testing. As I understand it prior to 2021 few countries did anywhere near enough such testing.

This!

It must suck to be so paranoid all the time. FFS! 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Bust out another thousand - my all time fav

Another one I’ve heard; the best two days of boats ownership, the day you buy one and the day you sell it. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2021 at 9:19 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Won’t be surprised if it becomes like the flu shot. Not that I want it to, but if that’s what will help keep me safe then I’ll do it. 

Remember, it is forbidden to associate this world event with harmless flu? I am surprised how many people started to mention flu lately. Again, it’s forbidden, no exception.One must be punished for pronouncing it.  A few months ago whoever said it was baselessly (yes, I am using this word purposely to show how ridiculous it sounds) immediately associated in a horrible way with... everyone knows with who. Mad world!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

My SIL is listed her 2006 Colonial on 50X100 property in Nassau for $950 and moving to a new home in South Florida.  She lives in a good school district but not near the shore. Her taxes in NY are close to $20,000 a year. 

We live about 1 hour from Downtown Toronto and 950k in our neighbourhood will now get you a nice townhouse or small semi. Our real estate prices are out completely out of control and if interest rates go up people are in trouble. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

We live about 1 hour from Downtown Toronto and 950k in our neighbourhood will now get you a nice townhouse or small semi. Our real estate prices are out completely out of control and if interest rates go up people are in trouble. 

We are an hour east of Toronto and a single family home built 50 years ago on our court listed for $899k and sold for $999k in under a week.....crazy.  You are right, if interest rates go up a lot of people will suddenly find themselves in a bad spot. Meanwhile, having been here for 20 years we have five biweekly payments left and  goodbye mortgage. 

• Like 12