3rd vaccine dose likely needed

5 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Not sure what the big deal is about a 3rd dose.   If it's medically necessary or recommended, the vast majority of those already vaccinated will get it.

Those who won't are probably the same anti-vaxxers who refuse the get the original shots.

I agree with you

but I know people that are just afraid of needles. A close family friend was waiting for the single dose J&J. She is in her 70's and is still waiting

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Not sure what the big deal is about a 3rd dose.   If it's medically necessary or recommended, the vast majority of those already vaccinated will get it.

Those who won't are probably the same anti-vaxxers who refuse the get the original shots.

Was discussing if would ever be needed. Wouldnt matter if was "Anti Vaxers" if dont get first two no need get a third. If third is ever needed most likely wouldnt be until next yr Early Fall anyway. But so far most people that decline the Vaccine are not "AntiVaxers," they are people that are fully Vaccinated for most other Diseases 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Was discussing if would ever be needed. Wouldnt matter if was "Anti Vaxers" if dont get first two no need get a third. If third is ever needed most likely wouldnt be until next yr Early Fall anyway. But so far most people that decline the Vaccine are not "AntiVaxers," they are people that are fully Vaccinated for most other Diseases 

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

So, what you are saying is there are people who are refusing the Covid vaccines that are not anti-vaxxers? What would you call them then? Anti- Covid vaxxers?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

So, what you are saying is there are people who are refusing the Covid vaccines that are not anti-vaxxers? What would you call them then? Anti- Covid vaxxers?

Yes. Over 30% US Military, 40% Marines have Declined Vaccine. Over 30% Medical Field including up to 40% some areas inc Detroit. This and parents of 60% kids say they have no plans getting their kids Vaccinated. Majority these are not "Anti Vaxers" against all Vaccines which stands at 5-7% the US Population

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

But so far most people that decline the Vaccine are not "AntiVaxers," they are people that are fully Vaccinated for most other Diseases 

That doesnt make sense

people are vaccinated for lets say Small Pox, Measles or even Malaria 

They wouldnt want to get a Vaccine for  Covid 19????????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes. Over 30% US Military, 40% Marines have Declined Vaccine. Over 30% Medical Field including 

Can you share the links about the Military and Medical field

Since I am a  Corpsman and served with the Marines and also worked in the Medical field for years after.

Everyone I know is either gotten the vaccine or is waiting for the single dose J&J

9 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

Since I am a  Corpsman and served with the Marines and also worked in the Medical field for years after.

Everyone I know is either gotten the vaccine or is waiting for the single dose J&J

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/04/10/covid-vaccine-nearly-forty-percent-us-marines-decline/7173918002/

just one of many such articles from many different sources

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Yes....I know several of them that haven't hesitated to receive other vaccines but are hesitant to get the Covid vaccine. Hoping they see the benefits and urgency in this and change their minds.

• Like 1

Many folks justify the lack of getting the Covid shot with either they think the science used to produce the vaccine was too quick to be safe OR they are worried they will grow a third eye. Of course, it would be very easy to pick these folks out(thus no need for pre-cruise testing) if they didn’t grow the third eye that the rest will soon have located on the left side of the neck. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

For various reasons, people who had their kids vaccinated, get flu shots, etc,  have less confidence this time. I respect their choices to wait or decline. I have a relative who has an autoimmune illness that ruled this vaccination out for her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonbgd said:

That doesnt make sense

They don't want the Bill Gates Chip

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jonbgd said:

That doesnt make sense

Small Pox and Measles vaccines are not mRNA.  This technology has never been a success in prior experiments, yet we're suppose to trust the long term effects of a rushed job.  We won't know the long term side effects until the sample size (in this case, the whole world) have been vaccinated for a few years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonbgd said:

After what we have been through, I think the SF Bay Area is very pro-covid vaccines. :classic_smile: We may be an anomaly compared to some other places, even within California. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Small Pox and Measles vaccines are not mRNA.  This technology has never been a success in prior experiments, yet we're suppose to trust the long term effects of a rushed job.  We won't know the long term side effects until the sample size (in this case, the whole world) have been vaccinated for a few years.

It's not at all rushed. Work has been done on them for decades (since 1990). The roadblock has been the delivery mechanism, not the actual vaccine payload itself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

And yet it’s the AZ and J&J vaccines based off the old technology that seems to be having the issues. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

For various reasons, people who had their kids vaccinated, get flu shots, etc,  have less confidence this time. I respect their choices to wait or decline. I have a relative who has an autoimmune illness that ruled this vaccination out for her.

I don't think it's as much confidence in the vaccine as it is need for the vaccine.  

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are now on a roll in April, but much later than we all would have liked.  Per capita we might be comparable like you note but we are months behind with the variant imbedded in the country. This is not a good position at all. 

As for dose amounts I know here in London, from our PHU, vaccine clinics are operating at a third of capacity with one clinic not even open.  I doubt London is the only PHU in the province not at operating capacity.

Personally I wish we had more doses than the amount we can actually  administer.  Then the logistics of giving them would be the issue, over waiting for doses to arrive. 

I heard on our news that there are more doses of this vaccine than people.  This tells me that a lot of people are going to wait.  The cruising folks, they were first in line to get it as soon as it was available.  I’m hearing to many bad side affects from these vaccines and I don’t trust our government unfortunately.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

And yet it’s the AZ and J&J vaccines based off the old technology that seems to be having the issues. 

Both AZ and J&J boasted about a 75% effectiveness against symptomatic Covid-19.  That's the same as catching covid without their vaccine, so I guess it's a placebo with side effects.  Should we really have trusted J&J anyways?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielcassady/2020/10/05/johnson--johnson-to-pay-100-million-in-baby-powder-settlement/?sh=33bd925f72c9 

There may be some anti vaxers but those I know are more against the covid shot itself.  Some who don’t get the yearly flu shot are also in this category.  Personally most of those I know who don’t get flu shots, aren’t being vaccinated. They did get their kid’s immunized. 

You also don’t know peoples medical history with vaccines or present medical issues or maybe they consider themselves very healthy and have no risk factors.  Some just simply are not afraid of covid.  They are aware of the risk they are taking.  It’s none of our business.  Remember hippa says our medical information is private unless we choose to reveal it.  

I did get the vaccine but I didn’t do it without thinking it through.  Don’t judge others.  This not an absolute.  I don’t ever want my country dictating my healthcare.  

I hope another round of shots are not necessary. 

I want travel to open back up again.  I have no problem with cruise line requiring vaccines to travel but I’d hate for this to turn into a yearly thing.

After my research, from what they know, I was never that enthusiastic about the J and J as I felt the immunity was too low of a percentage.  If I’m going get vaccinated I want as much immunity as I can get.

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Like 6

42 minutes ago, James4me said:

I heard on our news that there are more doses of this vaccine than people.  

Ordered but not yet delivered. 

This tells me that a lot of people are going to wait.  The cruising folks, they were first in line to get it as soon as it was available.   

No. You are wrong with your assumptions relating to Canada and the vaccine. It has not been a free for all, with cruisers getting doses first in Canada. 

So you are aware doses in Canada first went to LTC and hospital staff. Then worked down by age, 5 years at a time, from 80 and up. Right now across Canada is typically at 55 and up for the Provinces.  Some provinces are now working on different groupings.  Doses aren’t being delivered in quantities that the US are getting.  The US gives 3.5 to 4 million doses a day and Canada as a nation gets 1 to 2 million a week delivered. 

People in Canada want the vaccine, and not to be in another lockdown. It just isn’t here to give in the volumes needed. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Hospitals have made money, despite less patients than in 2019.

I guess if you figure all of those hospital beds filled with Covid patients some who were there for months. I would like  to see a balance sheet that includes the overtime they paid out as well as the money lost from all of the non essential  elective procedures like hip replacements, colonoscopies and other screening procedures. Also I'm sure that the hospitals are still trying to get  co payments that weren't covered by insurance for all of those hospital stays. I'm sure they will be writing off that debt.

• Like 1