Rebooked cruise 2022 excursions

meeann

Our Alaskan cruise has been rebooked for next year 2022 and we were informed that if  we rebooked the cruise by the cut off date, then the excursions which we had booked for this year, if available for next year, then they would be moved to the new cruise.  I have checked our new booking,  and on the itinerary, all the excursions are available.  but as yet, they haven’t transferred over and also not been repaid onto the credit card.  Anyone know how long it takes or should I contact them... would rather not at the moment as could imagine they will be busy, with all the cancellations etc. 

Contact them.  When the dates were changed for my Trans-Atlantic in October I was told the same as you, the excursions would be transferred over to the new dates.  Waited almost a month and finally called.  They weren’t transferred, weren’t going to be, and needed to be rebooked.

I suggest you contact them soon.  I’m booked on an Alaska cruise for June 2022 and happened to check for excursions last weekend.  Several only had one or two spots left open.

A question for those who have had a 2021 cruises cancelled.

Our August  2021 Alaska cruise on HAL has not been cancelled yet. Final payment is due in a couple of weeks and I am undecided whether to go ahead and pay even thou I expect the cruise to be cancelled. The same cruise in 2022 is priced about 30% higher than my current price, so the opportunity to have the cruise rebooked in 2022 at the 2021 is attractive.  I'd appreciate any info you can offer about your rebooking experience.  If you bought the trip cancellation insurance through HAL was it transferred to your 2022 booking? Were you able to select a stateroom that was comparable to your 2021 selection?

Thanks for any info you can share.

We took up HALs offer and rebooked our cruise from this year to next, at the same price and all the added extras, we also were able to keep the same cabin.  I think it’s personal to you - if you want to do the trip, then just move to next year, but if you’re unsure it’s what you want to do then cancel and use the money for a cruise you do!

**update** just been onto our booking page on the HAL website and checked the Itinerary, and all the excursions we had booked for 2021 have all been transferred onto our 2022 cruise. Very pleased, roll on 2022 ( 3rd time lucky)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meeann said:

**update** just been onto our booking page on the HAL website and checked the Itinerary, and all the excursions we had booked for 2021 have all been transferred onto our 2022 cruise. Very pleased, roll on 2022 ( 3rd time lucky)  

That's great! I wonder if this is a change in policy or if the agent when I rebooked last fall was just mistaken?

I just called today had a shore excursion booked with one booking and was hoping to have the exact same shore excursion transferred to another booking. I asked if they could do the transfer in the background and I was advised I’d have to cancel the one excursion and then book again.  Which I did, seems silly though to have to do it that way.  I guess this way when I booked again I had to add my credit card number again.  I guess if they had transferred it in the background and then the shore excursion is later cancelled they wouldn't have the credit card number to refund it to.  I am just looking and the poster with the transferred shore excursions is from the UK.  They might have different payment card industry standards there.

9 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

I just called today had a shore excursion booked with one booking and was hoping to have the exact same shore excursion transferred to another booking. I asked if they could do the transfer in the background and I was advised I’d have to cancel the one excursion and then book again.  Which I did, seems silly though to have to do it that way.  I guess this way when I booked again I had to add my credit card number again.  I guess if they had transferred it in the background and then the shore excursion is later cancelled they wouldn't have the credit card number to refund it to.  I am just looking and the poster with the transferred shore excursions is from the UK.  They might have different payment card industry standards there.

Yes I’m from the U.K. but all my TA did was transfer the cruise by the 31st March (which is when they had a cut off date to have everything transferred to the 2022 cruise). It was HAL who have moved the excursions. From what I can figure out, if you moved before the date above and the excursions where available to book for next year then they would move, but after that date, then the excursions would be cancelled and paid back to the Card used to book.  Hope this helps