Final Payment Dates Changed? Stacking FCC?

Hi

Apologies in advance if I’m imagining this, but were the final payment dates changed to be closer to the cruise?

We are booked on Oasis end of July  2021 (the 9 night that doesn’t even show on the website anymore) and final payment was originally scheduled for May 1.  We booked this a long time ago.

I doubt it will sail.   We’re booked in a suite and I would prefer not to have FCC so would probably make final payment then get a refund once cancelled.  

Second question, can FCC’s be stacked now?  Meaning use multiple FCC on one future sailing?  If that’s the case then maybe I shouldn’t worry about it.

Thank you in advance

Noreen

25 minutes ago, Noreen411 said:

, but were the final payment dates changed to be closer to the cruise?

That did happen for some selected sailings earlier but have not read that being reported recently. 

Yes, FCCs can be stacked and you right to make final payment and take the refund when RCI cancels.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That did happen for some selected sailings earlier but have not read that being reported recently. 

Yes, FCCs can be stacked and you right to make final payment and take the refund when RCI cancels.

Thank you for the information.  

28 minutes ago, Noreen411 said:

Hi

Apologies in advance if I’m imagining this, but were the final payment dates changed to be closer to the cruise?

We are booked on Oasis end of July  2021 (the 9 night that doesn’t even show on the website anymore) and final payment was originally scheduled for May 1.  We booked this a long time ago.

I doubt it will sail.   We’re booked in a suite and I would prefer not to have FCC so would probably make final payment then get a refund once cancelled.  

Second question, can FCC’s be stacked now?  Meaning use multiple FCC on one future sailing?  If that’s the case then maybe I shouldn’t worry about it.

Thank you in advance

Noreen

The only final payment dates that were extended were the sailings that went to Alaska or canada New England

Yes you can use multiple FCC's now

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only final payment dates that were extended were the sailings that went to Alaska or canada New England

Yes you can use multiple FCC's now

Thank you for that information.  Since you mentioned the Canada/New England final payments being extended, we’re also booked end Sept on a 9 night Canada/New England.  I’m expecting that to be cancelled too, but  should I expect final payment for that one to be later than it shows on my original invoice (booked ages ago).

Thank you

One more question on the Canada New England cruise... the website says things like you can wait to see what happens, but also mentions being able to cancel.  Does that apply to NRD suite deposits too?  I would prefer a refund over FCC

Thank you

16 minutes ago, Noreen411 said:

Thank you for that information.  Since you mentioned the Canada/New England final payments being extended, we’re also booked end Sept on a 9 night Canada/New England.  I’m expecting that to be cancelled too, but  should I expect final payment for that one to be later than it shows on my original invoice (booked ages ago).

Thank you

Yes those were changed.  I would call and confirm the new date with Royal

1 minute ago, Noreen411 said:

Thank you again

Noreen

Found the reference

At this time, we have decided not to cancel any sailings scheduled to visit Canada. This includes cruises embarking/debarking from Canada ports, as well as those itineraries touching on Canadian ports of call. It’s our hope that your clients will maintain their existing reservations with us as we work with the government and CLIA on potential alternatives. While we explore options and determine our path forward, Final Payment due dates will be automatically extended to 45 days prior to departure for those sailings soon approaching this payment milestone.

• Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Found the reference

At this time, we have decided not to cancel any sailings scheduled to visit Canada. This includes cruises embarking/debarking from Canada ports, as well as those itineraries touching on Canadian ports of call. It’s our hope that your clients will maintain their existing reservations with us as we work with the government and CLIA on potential alternatives. While we explore options and determine our path forward, Final Payment due dates will be automatically extended to 45 days prior to departure for those sailings soon approaching this payment milestone.

Perfect - you are a star

Thank you

1 hour ago, Noreen411 said:

Hi

Thank you in advance

Noreen

Hi Noreen,

We are also booked on the same sailing.

Our FP is also May 1. We plan on making the FP since we used FCC and the FP amount is really very nominal. Then we will wait it out for Royal to decide if they are suspending cruising, cancelling this 9 nighter completely or modifying the 9 night to a 7 night and what opotions are they offering in case of cancellation.

I am just getting so confused with the FCCs we have and where we have used which!

I got the refund for the $200 NRD  for my cancelled Explorer cruise back on the cc used.

They also offered 15% discount on cruise fare on any Pacific Crossing or a repositioning, but we could not find any sailing we wanted to go on from what they were offering.

7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Hi Noreen,

We are also booked on the same sailing.

Our FP is also May 1. We plan on making the FP since we used FCC and the FP amount is really very nominal. Then we will wait it out for Royal to decide if they are suspending cruising, cancelling this 9 nighter completely or modifying the 9 night to a 7 night and what opotions are they offering in case of cancellation.

I am just getting so confused with the FCCs we have and where we have used which!

Hi.  It’s getting so confusing keeping track of all the cancellations and changes.  I started a spreadsheet to track mine as well as a paper backup.  Hopefully soon we’ll get to cruise.  I keep booking more cruises.

I’m glad to hear they are letting people now stack the FCC, that should make things easier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noreen411 said:

Hi.  It’s getting so confusing keeping track of all the cancellations and changes.  I started a spreadsheet to track mine as well as a paper backup.  Hopefully soon we’ll get to cruise.  I keep booking more cruises.

I’m glad to hear they are letting people now stack the FCC, that should make things easier.

Make it easier with one hand, make it harder to track with the other.

I had only one fcc, and had made a new deposit for april 2021, then when it was cancelled, before they would make it back to all one fcc. Now the part you used and any new money is one fcc, and the leftover fcc you didnt use is another fcc. I had 1 fcc, now I have 2.

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Make it easier with one hand, make it harder to track with the other.

I had only one fcc, and had made a new deposit for april 2021, then when it was cancelled, before they would make it back to all one fcc. Now the part you used and any new money is one fcc, and the leftover fcc you didnt use is another fcc. I had 1 fcc, now I have 2.

I didn’t realize that they did it that way.  I assumed they would combine it all into one FCC.  I guess for their records to keep track of when they were issued it’s done that way, even though it’s harder for the guests.

2 minutes ago, Noreen411 said:

I didn’t realize that they did it that way.  I assumed they would combine it all into one FCC.  I guess for their records to keep track of when they were issued it’s done that way, even though it’s harder for the guests.

They used to, but they again changed the rules for maybe the 5th time? They were making just one big fcc, then they allowed stacking and splitting up the fcc.

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They used to, but they again changed the rules for maybe the 5th time? They were making just one big fcc, then they allowed stacking and splitting up the fcc.

Wait....you mean they have changed it back to where they are issuing multiple FCC's again ?  I thought they had started combining all FCC's into 1.  UGH

12 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Wait....you mean they have changed it back to where they are issuing multiple FCC's again ?  I thought they had started combining all FCC's into 1.  UGH

My ta says the rules changed again. I only took 1 fcc, took a refund on the next. 

My april 25th 2021 cruise is cancelled, and he says now I have 2 fcc the rules changed again. 

The one big fcc rule is gone again lol. I was surprised too as I hadnt read about the rule change either. I'd have preferred only 1. Idk but I think it changed at the same time as the being allowed to stack fcc rule changed, might be part of the same new rule. Lol I had 1, now I have 2.

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

My Oct 2021 9 night Canada/NE cruise was put on hold by RCI and given options. We took the 125% on our deposit and have already had it applied to another brooked cruise. It's still showing on my cruise planner and I get weekly emails to purchase items. Of course it disappeared sometime ago on the website when they were disallowing more than 7 night bookings. And then when Canada shutdown I received the email offer.

3 hours ago, Noreen411 said:

Thank you

I was booked for a 9 night NE/Canada sailing for September but highly doubt Canada is going to change their mind and open up to cruise ships this fall so I took the refund for monies we had paid for cruise.       

Plus the CSO says no cruises more than 7 nights and I figured if RCL is sailing this fall they would end up changing itinerary to a bermuda/coco cay cruise which we have 2 of them already booked.    So refund sounded good to us, although I would have preferred to do the actual sailing.    

Yes, they seem to be issuing multiple FCCs.

Few days back, I was on a call with Royal to track a new email about some FCC that I received. They went over it very patiently... March 2020 cruise cancelled put to Nov...cancelled....put to Jan....cancelled....put to July. And the new FCC was some "left over FCC" from some cruise I do not remember if I cancelled or they suspended 🤔

I am thrilled with the FCCs but I felt like a wreck for two days after getting off the FCC tracking call with Royal. I had them apply everything to currently booked cruises, except one.

Anyone need asprin already???!!!!!😨

• Thanks 1

I had multiple FCCs , called C&A and they lumped them all together for new cruises, and, since the canceled cruises were booked at the Next Cruise desk, they transferred all OBC we would have had to the new sailings.

• Like 3