Southampton cruise terminal question

tattydog

Usually Ocean Cruise Terminal (berth 46), but sometimes Mayflower Cruise Terminal (berth 105/6)

Both are only a very short £10 taxi ride from either Southampton Central rail station or Southampton coach station. Or a pleasant &  level 25 - 30min walk to Ocean Terminal. Mayflower Terminal is only about a 20 minute walk, but much of it is inside the docks.

JB 🙂

• 1 year later...

Taxi from Southampton Central Station to the port. I have caught a taxi from the station to the port a few times but that has always been on a weekday or a Saturday and there have always  been a few taxis on the rank outside. Does anyone know about taxis on a Sunday ? Because its not a weekday does this mean there are less around and should I think about booking one ?

On 11/2/2022 at 9:27 AM, bluenote5 said:

Taxi from Southampton Central Station to the port. I have caught a taxi from the station to the port a few times but that has always been on a weekday or a Saturday and there have always  been a few taxis on the rank outside. Does anyone know about taxis on a Sunday ? Because its not a weekday does this mean there are less around and should I think about booking one ?

I think taxi drivers typically know the requirement every day of the week for every location and they work Sundays as it is a good day.  BR stations often have a dedicated rank outside.  Other than that phone West Quay cars if the rank is empty.

Regards John

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2022 at 6:15 PM, john watson said:

I think taxi drivers typically know the requirement every day of the week for every location and they work Sundays as it is a good day.  BR stations often have a dedicated rank outside. 

yes you were correct,no problem getting a taxi from Southampton Railway station on a Sunday to take you to the cruise port. At first the rank by the main entrance opposite Costa had no cars but on looking outside on the other entrance could see a few cabs. Just as we were about to cross over the line to get one, a  taxi pulled up outside by Costa, so it seems there are no difficulties getting a taxi on a Sunday.