130 ADDITIONAL countries added to State Dept. do-not-travel list

IntrepidFromDC

1 minute ago, bafinegan said:

I like how the CDC states those vaccinated can travel within the US with relatively low risk, but the CDC director is discouraging travel.   And the wonder why people are confused🙄

Yes I noticed that about her.   I travelled recently across country  in my POV and felt perfectly safe 100 percent of the time, with the exception of some drivers on the road.  And she thinks us peons shouldn't travel. SMH.    

Overall I think the idea of restricted travel isn't a bad idea. The world has hit a new high "daily new cases" .  This is a global pandemic and it will take a while.  

• Like 2

From what I read today Greece is also going to begin allowing tourists in sometime in mid-May.. with proper precautions of course, proof of negative test, proof of antibodies or proof of vaccination, etc. but tourists will be subject to random testing while in the country, however, one thing Greece gets right in MHO is that IF you test positive while on vacation all medical is covered for duration of your stay i.e. medical expenses, hospitals, medication, etc.

• Like 1

Note to CDC: when your advice is totally unrealistic, people see through you and stop paying attention.  As long as they don't have the authority to BAN international travel, these 'advisories' will have less and less effect.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Let's see - it took exactly 1 post about the State Department before the thread devolved to CDC critics. Meanwhile cruising is occurring in other parts of the world and Americans are excluded for good reason, no CDC guidance needed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

i wonder if the "No Travel Advisory" will include all the ports the Cruise Industry is considering using for sailings.

Must be the State Department and the CDC are now ganging up to ruin the cruise industry.

And this is all about the "hoax" that there is a pandemic going on that is killing people.

Will the conspiracy theories ever end?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is almost easier for them to list the countries we can go to - list will be much shorter!  We have a wedding to go to in Sept. in Italy - have to rsvp in June.  So hard to decide whether to gamble airfare, hotel, etc. on it - even with travel insurance, which may or may not cover cancellations for this.  Ugh.

• Like 1

It looks like the State Department is going to defer to the CDC for their travel advisories in regards to COVID-19.  So, for fun, I took a look at the current levels at the CDC for all the destinations for my upcoming cruise in September.  All of them are at level 4, except for Sint Maarten (level 3).  I would feel safer walking amongst random residents of any of those countries than random residents of my own state.  They and their governments may feel differently, of course.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Even vaccinated we can still get Covid, and give Covid.  So keeping us here eliminates the spread. Who would have thought that so many countries miss our money.

You are more likely to catch the flu and they are still looking for anyone that can pass on the virus after being vaccinated

14 hours ago, bafinegan said:

I like how the CDC states those vaccinated can travel within the US with relatively low risk, but the CDC director is discouraging travel.   And the wonder why people are confused🙄

Exactly,.... I had to re-read that paragraph since I thought I must have misunderstood who the person was.  CDC says it is minimal risk but the director cautions not to do it.  Crazy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

It looks like the State Department is going to defer to the CDC for their travel advisories in regards to COVID-19.  So, for fun, I took a look at the current levels at the CDC for all the destinations for my upcoming cruise in September.  All of them are at level 4, except for Sint Maarten (level 3).  I would feel safer walking amongst random residents of any of those countries than random residents of my own state.  They and their governments may feel differently, of course.

The State Department has always deferred to the CDC for any health travel advisories, not just COVID-19.  Nothing new here.

10 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Even vaccinated we can still get Covid, and give Covid.  So keeping us here eliminates the spread. Who would have thought that so many countries miss our money.

‘keeping us here eliminates the spear’? If people in both countries have Covid then we are simply spreading it here and they are spreading it there. 

when there are unreasonable restrictions they cease to have meaning. Easier for them to just say ‘don’t travel outside the US’, then specifically tell you ‘not to travel’ for just about any country 

40 minutes ago, ajm said:

Exactly,.... I had to re-read that paragraph since I thought I must have misunderstood who the person was.  CDC says it is minimal risk but the director cautions not to do it.  Crazy

Inconsistency/hypocrisy at it's best.

• Like 5

OK so I was tired last night...yes, we have learned that you can still get Covid after vaccination, hence the masks, but we are also being told that if we get it we wont die from it. like 560,000 other Americans.  But we can still give it to others, and they might die because they do not have a vaccine.  3rd world countries are not able to buy vaccines for all their citizens, and cannot turn around the growing magnitude of this pandemic in their countries.  

In 1795 Edmund Burke wrote,  "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

We all think we are good, but how many are willing to help stop this pandemic?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pe4all said:

It is almost easier for them to list the countries we can go to - list will be much shorter!  We have a wedding to go to in Sept. in Italy - have to rsvp in June.  So hard to decide whether to gamble airfare, hotel, etc. on it - even with travel insurance, which may or may not cover cancellations for this.  Ugh.

Is there a list of countries that we are not warned about going to?