Sky/ Regal/ Royal princess cabins

Nicole&Pete

All,

I wonder if anyone can tell me if they have ever stayed in any of the balcony cabins starboard on riviera deck numbered R525 to R601 on any of the royal class ships? I am looking at these for the sky princess and wondered what they are like and if anyone has stayed in them?

Thank you 

Have not actually stayed in the cabins you mention, but have stayed in other cat. BB balcony cabins on the Royal Princes. The cabin has:

6 ft. open closet with a shelved wardrobe closet

Bathroom with shower, no tub

Beds in queen or twin configuration

2 night stands with drawers

Desk with chair. Hairdryer is connected inside the top left drawer.

Small table.

Fridge with counter top storage and some small side shelves.

Small 9ft. x 4ft. balcony where you have to sit angled.

Note that the barrel chair shown in the video is no longer there. Barrel chairs were removed a few years ago. Cabin only has the desk chair and the two balcony chairs.

The location is above and below other cabins. No issues with noise. They are also mid aft for nice access to mid ship or aft stairs/elevators.

Cabins R543 and R601 can accommodate a 3rd and 4th passenger. These berths lower from the ceiling.  

Here is a video of another balcony cabin which will be the same as the cabins you asked about.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&ei=UTF-8&p=royal+princess+balcony+cabins+video&type=E211US105G91484#id=2&vid=48de845bae52b979dc7f8b001657af26&action=click

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 12:29 PM, skynight said:

Have not actually stayed in the cabins you mention, but have stayed in other cat. BB balcony cabins on the Royal Princes. The cabin has:

6 ft. open closet with a shelved wardrobe closet

Bathroom with shower, no tub

Beds in queen or twin configuration

2 night stands with drawers

Desk with chair. Hairdryer is connected inside the top left drawer.

Small table.

Fridge with counter top storage and some small side shelves.

Small 9ft. x 4ft. balcony where you have to sit angled.

Note that the barrel chair shown in the video is no longer there. Barrel chairs were removed a few years ago. Cabin only has the desk chair and the two balcony chairs.

The location is above and below other cabins. No issues with noise. They are also mid aft for nice access to mid ship or aft stairs/elevators.

Cabins R543 and R601 can accommodate a 3rd and 4th passenger. These berths lower from the ceiling.  

Here is a video of another balcony cabin which will be the same as the cabins you asked about.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&ei=UTF-8&p=royal+princess+balcony+cabins+video&type=E211US105G91484#id=2&vid=48de845bae52b979dc7f8b001657af26&action=click

Thanks so much fro your help, did you like this cabin or do you think it is worth the upgrade to a mini suite?

On 4/20/2021 at 1:38 PM, georgiacat said:

We stayed in R515, a mini-suite on the Royal Princess.  It was nice, good location.

Thanks so much for your help, this is a silly question but do you remember which side the bed was on in that cabin, so as you enter the room was it on the right or left?

Did you have any issues with noise at all?

Thank you

15 hours ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thanks so much for your help, did you like this cabin or do you think it is worth the upgrade to a mini suite?

On the Royal we stayed twice in B311 which is identical to the cabins you mentioned. It is a standard balcony cabin very similar in design to standard balcony category cabins on all Princess ships. We have been booking this category for years and it fits our needs. We spend very little leisure time in our cabin. Never really sit there to read, watch TV or order room service. Note that a balcony cat. cabin has only one desk chair inside plus the two chairs on the small balcony. If you want to sit, dine, hang out in your cabin best to book a deluxe balcony cabin or a mini suite. Deluxe balcony cabins are very similar to a standard balcony cat. cabin, just slightly larger, and have a two seat sofa. Mini suites are basically two sections, the seating section has a three seat sofa with TV. Believe there is a curtain which can separate the two sections. The bathroom is a little larger and has a tub/shower. There is a recent discussion regarding tubs in mini suites, See below. Most mini suites have the same small balconies, 9ft x 4ft, as standard balcony cabins. There are some with extended angled balconies. You can find them on the deck plans. Club Class mini suites have the same interiors but come with some additional benefits. The most important is Club Class dining. Search Princess Cruises Club Class for details. If you search Sky Princess mini suite videos you can find lots of information. The cabins you mention are in a quiet location. Basically any cabin on a deck with cabins above and below is quiet. Avoid connecting cabins. There may be some noise from the connecting cabin through the connecting door. You can find them by checking the connecting cabin box on the Princess web site deck plans. 

Nicole & Pete,

In R515 the bed was on the wall on the RIGHT as you entered the room.

No noise issues.  The balcony was very small, but I think that is the way on all royal class ships unless you get a corner or aft room.

We get a balcony because we like to go outside to see things and feel the temperature before setting out.  We moved to mini-suites because we like more shower/tub room, more room in the cabin in general (I do pay attention to square footage when I book), and a sofa for larger, sitting hanging out space.  I suppose we are in the cabin more than most people claim they are.

I take pictures of cabins to remember what they looked like, but I am not sure how to post pictures here.  I will try.

40 cabin R515.JPG

41 cabin R515.JPG

39 balcony, Royal Princess.JPG

3 hours ago, skynight said:

On the Royal we stayed twice in B311 which is identical to the cabins you mentioned. It is a standard balcony cabin very similar in design to standard balcony category cabins on all Princess ships. We have been booking this category for years and it fits our needs. We spend very little leisure time in our cabin. Never really sit there to read, watch TV or order room service. Note that a balcony cat. cabin has only one desk chair inside plus the two chairs on the small balcony. If you want to sit, dine, hang out in your cabin best to book a deluxe balcony cabin or a mini suite. Deluxe balcony cabins are very similar to a standard balcony cat. cabin, just slightly larger, and have a two seat sofa. Mini suites are basically two sections, the seating section has a three seat sofa with TV. Believe there is a curtain which can separate the two sections. The bathroom is a little larger and has a tub/shower. There is a recent discussion regarding tubs in mini suites, See below. Most mini suites have the same small balconies, 9ft x 4ft, as standard balcony cabins. There are some with extended angled balconies. You can find them on the deck plans. Club Class mini suites have the same interiors but come with some additional benefits. The most important is Club Class dining. Search Princess Cruises Club Class for details. If you search Sky Princess mini suite videos you can find lots of information. The cabins you mention are in a quiet location. Basically any cabin on a deck with cabins above and below is quiet. Avoid connecting cabins. There may be some noise from the connecting cabin through the connecting door. You can find them by checking the connecting cabin box on the Princess web site deck plans. 

Thanks for the helpful information. We have looked at a mini suite but you could almost go on another (short) cruise for the price difference which seems a bit silly to me. I might wait to see if the price drops and then reconsider a mini suite. 

1 hour ago, georgiacat said:

Nicole & Pete,

In R515 the bed was on the wall on the RIGHT as you entered the room.

No noise issues.  The balcony was very small, but I think that is the way on all royal class ships unless you get a corner or aft room.

We get a balcony because we like to go outside to see things and feel the temperature before setting out.  We moved to mini-suites because we like more shower/tub room, more room in the cabin in general (I do pay attention to square footage when I book), and a sofa for larger, sitting hanging out space.  I suppose we are in the cabin more than most people claim they are.

I take pictures of cabins to remember what they looked like, but I am not sure how to post pictures here.  I will try.

40 cabin R515.JPG

41 cabin R515.JPG

39 balcony, Royal Princess.JPG

Thats great really helpful pictures. thank you. 

I completely agree with you about testing the temperature, I booked an inside cabin on a med cruise once and got caught out on a day I thought would be warmer than it actually was. A balcony is handy for that!