Jump to content

MSC Yacht Club with family in regular balcony


Recommended Posts

It should be easy for you to join your oldest daughter and mother in their dining room or main buffet whenever you want. We managed to escape the YC for our Christmas dinner in 2019! We loved visiting the main dining room and intend to do the same in December - if we're back to cruising here in Brazil.

Or instead of booking yourselves a MSC Yacht Club Royal Suite, you could book a regular YC suite for up to 4 people. Although, it's usually about the same price for 2 YC suites for 2!

In 2016 we discovered that a couple of friends were on the same cruise as us. They were curious about the YC. We spoke to Concierge who arranged for them to have a butler escorted tour of YC and our Preziosa YC Royal suite. Then we met them for drinks by the regular pool deck. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 9:22 AM, kimstoess said:

My husband are booking two rooms. One is MSC yacht club family suite and one regular balcony. If my oldest daughter and mother are in the regular balcony can they join us on the yacht club pool deck?

 No

and they cannot eat in YC etc


and the butlers do check wristbands and know who is or is not YC

 

Violators are escorted out

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fogfog said:

 .....Violators are escorted out

 

And paraded through the public areas as they go! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hamrag said:

 

And paraded through the public areas as they go! 

Where they are taunted and poked by the YC guests. LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2021 at 1:20 PM, JohnJayJotaJames said:

It should be easy for you to join your oldest daughter and mother in their dining room or main buffet whenever you want. We managed to escape the YC for our Christmas dinner in 2019! We loved visiting the main dining room and intend to do the same in December - if we're back to cruising here in Brazil.

Or instead of booking yourselves a MSC Yacht Club Royal Suite, you could book a regular YC suite for up to 4 people. Although, it's usually about the same price for 2 YC suites for 2!

In 2016 we discovered that a couple of friends were on the same cruise as us. They were curious about the YC. We spoke to Concierge who arranged for them to have a butler escorted tour of YC and our Preziosa YC Royal suite. Then we met them for drinks by the regular pool deck. 
 

I think people are missing the point that this is a family of 5, not 4.  There are already two younger children in the suite.  They want to take Grandma to room with the 12 y/o daughter but don't want to pay for another YC cabin.  And Grandma really doesn't want to go.  EM

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I think people are missing the point that this is a family of 5, not 4.  There are already two younger children in the suite.  They want to take Grandma to room with the 12 y/o daughter but don't want to pay for another YC cabin.  And Grandma really doesn't want to go.  EM

I don't think anyone is missing the point.  If Grandma doesn't want to go then the entire discussion is mute!  If Grandma wants to go then they take one YC cabin for 3 and another YC cabin for 2 - then they can decide what level of YC they want the cabins to be - inside, balcony or suite.  That is the only point.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I think people are missing the point that this is a family of 5, not 4.  There are already two younger children in the suite.

 

Has the specific ship been given? Some YC staterooms can sleep 5. 

 

2 hours ago, cruisebug722 said:

If Grandma doesn't want to go then the entire discussion is mute!

 

That's moot. 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 2:22 PM, kimstoess said:

If my oldest daughter and mother are in the regular balcony can they join us on the yacht club pool deck?

On 4/30/2021 at 3:45 PM, kimstoess said:

My mother doesn't want to come 

 

Sorry but is granny coming or not?

 

If she isn't coming, does this mean that you are going to have a 12 year old in her own stateroom in a completely different part of the ship alone?

 

 

On 4/30/2021 at 3:47 PM, kimstoess said:

I'm not trying to sneak family in... It's really for a 12 year old to join her parents, brother and sister at dinner and the pool.

 

Or if granny is coming and it's really just for the 12 year old to join her parents, does this mean that granny will be left on her own outside of the YC for the entire cruise?

 

Surely keeping the family together is more important than cruising in YC, unless you can afford everyone to sail in YC together.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they saying that granny, who doesn't want to cruise with them would be left to dine alone outside the YC?
If you're forcing granny to come along as a childminder the least they can do is book her a YC room! and let her join the family for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
If it's a family of 6, they're never going to fit in 1 room!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 10:47 AM, kimstoess said:

I understand that. I have cruised many times in suites. I just didn't want to pay for an additional suite just for a 12 year old if at all possible. The reason we cruise is for the suite areas so it would be pointless to book if she can't join the family. I don't understand why everyone got so upset over a question. I'm not trying to sneak family in... It's really for a 12 year old to join her parents, brother and sister at dinner and the pool.

 

 Before I  answer I have a few questions.

 

Your 1st post was to bring her on pool deck only. A few posts later its pool deck and dinner.

Do you plan on bringing her into your cabin at any time?

At breakfast or lunch are you going to send her out while you partake of the 20 hour buffet in YC?

If she is thirsty, are you getting her a soda from YC or out elswhere in the ship?

At the shows, is she going to sit in general population or with in YC area?

In the evening is she going to come into the YC lounge at anytime?

Priority disembarkation, is she getting off with general population?

Shore excursions that require a tender. is she going to come with you using your YC vip?

 

Steve

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 9:47 AM, kimstoess said:

I understand that. I have cruised many times in suites. I just didn't want to pay for an additional suite just for a 12 year old if at all possible. The reason we cruise is for the suite areas so it would be pointless to book if she can't join the family. I don't understand why everyone got so upset over a question. I'm not trying to sneak family in... It's really for a 12 year old to join her parents, brother and sister at dinner and the pool.

I know a guy who once paid for very nice lay flat business class seats for himself and wife and only bought economy for the kids.  They then tried to convince the flight attendant that they ONLY wanted their kids to join them up front in Business Class.  Sound reasonable?  Not!   Your question is similar.  To be honest I would rather not pay for the YC but would still like to have access.  Are you OK with that too?    Perhaps the solution for your problem is to simply book one of the Royal Suites for the whole family.

 

Hank

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We pay for YC....

 

so don’t expect folks to take kindly to sneaking in grandma and the 12 yr old...to “see” the pool, then to dine etc...

 

Book enough rooms in YC, maybe 2 interiors for the kids and grandma with the lucky 12 yr old. Y’all book a balcony.

 

or book 3 cabins 2 bal and put the other two kids in interior across the hall from your door.


fwiw, non YC cannot be in YC on OC

They door remove gen population who try to sneak in

 

and yes YC pax do complain, and report them 

 

Edited by Fogfog
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sidari said:

I think the O.P has got the message by now, time to Lock this thread.

Totally agree , the poster has already given an opinion on Sunday

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 9:22 AM, kimstoess said:

My husband are booking two rooms. One is MSC yacht club family suite and one regular balcony. If my oldest daughter and mother are in the regular balcony can they join us on the yacht club pool deck?


Hi Kim,

Let’s get a clearer picture here.  What ship have you booked?  Please don’t take some of the comments personally.  They benefit everyone who reads them.  It sounds like you will need to book an inside YC cabin.  If you are on a Fantasia Class ship and in 12001 or 12003 then you can have your family visit you in those suites but not in the YC proper.    If you are in a Seaside Class ship then you will need to book an inside YC cabin for your daughter and mother.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:


Hi Kim,

Let’s get a clearer picture here.  What ship have you booked?  Please don’t take some of the comments personally.  They benefit everyone who reads them.  It sounds like you will need to book an inside YC cabin.  If you are on a Fantasia Class ship and in 12001 or 12003 then you can have your family visit you in those suites but not in the YC proper.    If you are in a Seaside Class ship then you will need to book an inside YC cabin for your daughter and mother.  


Well what a refreshingly pleasant response unlike some of the others I have read. I totally understand that people pay a considerable amount of money for YC cabins and all the perks that goes with them and that they don’t see why others should benefit without paying for the privilege. However, I do feel that some of the responses have been unnecessarily harsh and I can imagine the OP rather regrets asking her question 😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sidari said:

I think the O.P has got the message by now, time to Lock this thread.

 

...said the self appointed hall monitor.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 3:43 PM, Toofarfromthesea said:

I think people reacted badly because the question contained the underlying notion that their particular family circumstance should give them special privileges.

Not really, you want 1st class you book it. Not buy one 1st class ticket and invite everyone else from coach to sit with you.

 There is a premium for Yacht club. If I pay it for those perks than all should pay. I have seen it on NCL haven. 1 couple buys the Haven and invites 20 other family members to the pool. Was not happy and they were finally asked to leave after many complaints.

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Not really, you want 1st class you book it. Not buy one 1st class ticket and invite everyone else from coach to sit with you.

 There is a premium for Yacht club. If I pay it for those perks than all should pay. I have seen it on NCL haven. 1 couple buys the Haven and invites 20 other family members to the pool. Was not happy and they were finally asked to leave after many complaints.

Steve


Of course.  I think you misunderstood my post.  I wasn't justifying the question, I was explaining all of the justifiably negative reaction the OP got because they somehow thought they and their circumstance was special and they should get a special dispensation.  Too many people believed it when their Mom lied to them and told them they were special.

I've sailed in Yacht Club twice and I would be leading the charge, with metaphorical torches and pitchforks, if they let people in who were not booked into the YC.  Even a 12 year old kid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:


Of course.  I think you misunderstood my post.  I wasn't justifying the question, I was explaining all of the justifiably negative reaction the OP got because they somehow thought they and their circumstance was special and they should get a special dispensation.  Too many people believed it when their Mom lied to them and told them they were special.

I've sailed in Yacht Club twice and I would be leading the charge, with metaphorical torches and pitchforks, if they let people in who were not booked into the YC.  Even a 12 year old kid.

I see,

I did misunderstand. My bad. Thanks for clarifying it.  I have a lighter for those torches.🙂

STeve

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2021 at 3:23 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

I see,

I did misunderstand. My bad. Thanks for clarifying it.  I have a lighter for those torches.🙂

STeve


Dang, we don't have an emoji for clinking beer glasses in agreement!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Toofarfromthesea said:


Dang, we don't have an emoji for clinking beer glasses in agreement!!

🍻🍺🍻

Edited by phissy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Ponant Cruises & Expeditions - Return to Europe!
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...