Saint Martin EHAS form (Electronic Health Authorization System) - Help??

FBurnley

17 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I'm not sure where/when you saw the text in red on the Celebrity website, but it goes well beyond what is currently in the Health and Safety Protocols section. It paraphrases the Sint Maarten entry requirements, but as you note, changes the requirement from entry to the country to boarding the ship. In so doing, it contradicts the H&SP. It would make far more sense IMO to state the country and cruise line requirements separately to avoid any potential confusion. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/st-maarten-travel-requirements

First 2 paragraphs

image.thumb.png.6ddbf7579efd1311862e519acfb0c03e.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abbydancer said:

thanks.  If we don't need the test for boarding, we can test on Monday afternoon.

I hope this thread continues with lots of information for those of us traveling later.

We should get some good info when they start sailing in about 5 weeks, hopefully, I am hoping St Maarten relax there restrictions.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

The article is entitled St. Maarten Travel Requirements as of March 25, 2021, and has a sub-heading Celebrity Cruises Requirements. I think that it's logical to assume then that the first few paragraphs pertain to Sint Maarten entry requirements, and the final paragraph, under the sub-heading, pertains to Celebrity requirements. Unfortunately, that's simply not the case, and we are left with a dog's breakfast of conflicting information.

For example, under Celebrity Cruises Requirements, children under 18 require a "negative PCR test result within 5 days of embarkation". Good enough, those 18 and over only require proof of vaccination, although it should specify "administered [at least] two weeks prior to embark[ation]." So if this is Celebrity's requirement, the information in paragraph 1 should be Sint Maarten's requirement, right?

Well, not really, because there are a number of options, and the "negative rt-PCR test is required within 5 days prior" really only applies to travellers from the US, US territories and Canada. For people living in other high risk countries, the timing for the results is only 72 hours prior, not 5 days. Also, for travellers from the US and Canada, there is no PCR requirement, as they can have an antigen test 72 hours prior. Moreover, travellers from low risk countries need neither a PCR nor antigen test.

The first paragraph also says that the test is required "prior to boarding", which wouldn't apply to Sint Maarten entry requirements, so is this actually a Celebrity requirement? Well, no, because it says it applies to "guests of all ages", whereas we've already established that Celebrity doesn't require PCR tests for guests 18 and older.

Bottom line is that this whole article is suspect and contradicts information elsewhere on the website.

1 hour ago, George C said:

We should get some good info when they start sailing in about 5 weeks, hopefully, I am hoping St Maarten relax there restrictions.

Me,  too.  I heard the Bahamas are lifting their Covid-19 test requirement before arrival for people who have been vaccinated, effective May 1.  Hope that is true and that St. Maarten follows suit.    

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

The article is entitled St. Maarten Travel Requirements as of March 25, 2021, and has a sub-heading Celebrity Cruises Requirements. I think that it's logical to assume then that the first few paragraphs pertain to Sint Maarten entry requirements, and the final paragraph, under the sub-heading, pertains to Celebrity requirements. Unfortunately, that's simply not the case, and we are left with a dog's breakfast of conflicting information.

For example, under Celebrity Cruises Requirements, children under 18 require a "negative PCR test result within 5 days of embarkation". Good enough, those 18 and over only require proof of vaccination, although it should specify "administered [at least] two weeks prior to embark[ation]." So if this is Celebrity's requirement, the information in paragraph 1 should be Sint Maarten's requirement, right?

Well, not really, because there are a number of options, and the "negative rt-PCR test is required within 5 days prior" really only applies to travellers from the US, US territories and Canada. For people living in other high risk countries, the timing for the results is only 72 hours prior, not 5 days. Also, for travellers from the US and Canada, there is no PCR requirement, as they can have an antigen test 72 hours prior. Moreover, travellers from low risk countries need neither a PCR nor antigen test.

The first paragraph also says that the test is required "prior to boarding", which wouldn't apply to Sint Maarten entry requirements, so is this actually a Celebrity requirement? Well, no, because it says it applies to "guests of all ages", whereas we've already established that Celebrity doesn't require PCR tests for guests 18 and older.

Bottom line is that this whole article is suspect and contradicts information elsewhere on the website.

This "new" info really does not differ very much from your last many posts on the topic.

You should also check your airline for their requirements.   Going to Hawaii, you didn’t get on the United plane without a negative PCR from a “trusted lab partner.”   The lab uploaded our PCR, then we were able to fill our the health questionnaire and received our individual QR code’s.   When United reviewed the test result (online) and a Ames your QR code you were issued a wristband allowing you to board the aircraft for Hawaii.   

33 minutes ago, larry_s_taco said:

I noticed that the Sint Maarten information page requires the RT-PCR test for anyone entering by air. I can't find anywhere locally that advertises that type of PCR test. Does anyone know if they accept the common PCR test? 

I just did a quick search and found a number of locations in Evansville offering PCR tests. You might need to spend a bit of time to see about turn around times, costs, eligibility, etc., at the various outlets. 

I guess my point was I wouldn't take anybody's word here on what the country entry requirements are or what the boarding requirements are.  You should be getting that information in writing from the source of the requiring organization.

• Like 1

I'm a little confused also on what's RT-PCR and PCR.  I've done many tests with Project Baseline, and looking at the lab results says "RT-PCR".  I've done a couple at a different place where the lab results says "nucliad acid amplication".  Then says that test includes RT-PCR and TMA.  The site is listed as valid for entry to Alaska and Hawaii.

My plan is to do both the at the start of the 120 hours, whether boarding or going to St. Martin.

And hope that the requirements change before the end of July.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I'm a little confused also on what's RT-PCR and PCR.  I've done many tests with Project Baseline, and looking at the lab results says "RT-PCR".  I've done a couple at a different place where the lab results says "nucliad acid amplication".  Then says that test includes RT-PCR and TMA.  The site is listed as valid for entry to Alaska and Hawaii.

This is my confusion as well.

On 4/23/2021 at 1:28 PM, abbydancer said:

We're booked on 7/31 and really hope it happens.  (My sister and I do a cruise that week every year but the 2020 Alaska cruise has moved twice now).  

I'm finding it all very confusing.  I calculated 120 hours before what I consider the last viable time to get on the ship, and came up with the Monday night before the cruise.  So we're planning for tests Tuesday AM.  

However, we fly to St. Martin on Friday.  So if X doesn't require a test 120 hours before boarding, we could test on Monday for st. Martin.

I'm hoping that people on the June cruises who are here will post their experience and offer advice.  Also, I think I read there would be details on procedures etc 30 days before sailing.  We're getting pretty close to that.

So you and I are on exact same page. Ive asked the New England/CT  Rep for Celebrity (Im an agent) what the earliest test time they will accept for the cruise line test, as like you we wanted to test Monday to hit both requirements, and got no answer. I dont think she entirely understood my question and why I was asking. That was a bit troubling tbh. 

So we are going for the test Tuesday as well. Paying big $$$ for a rapid result travel result and driving to NY or NJ to get it. I want to leave Thursday morning and stay two nights pre cruise and need to get that result as early as I can to upload to SXM government with the application and leave enough time for a resoponse and some delay. 

Thats my next point for everyone to consider. 1000+ X guests are all going to be uploading tests and applications within a few days time period. Thats going to inevitably cause a backlog or delay in a response and acceptance email. We went to Aruba last July and had to do this same thing. We got very nervous when we didnt get a response until literally the night before our 6am flight. We submitted 2 full days in advance. 

Lets just all hope SXM puts the US on the ‘safe’ list and like Nassau we wont have to test for the country. 

Anyway, abby we’re on same wavelength here. I’d like Celebritt to just say, a test after xx o’clock Monday will be good. Thats all. 120hr prior to ‘boarding’ is so ambiguous. I’m going to try and email her again, this will be the third time I ask her, she should at least answer 🙄

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

So you and I are on exact same page. Ive asked the New England/CT  Rep for Celebrity (Im an agent) what the earliest test time they will accept for the cruise line test, as like you we wanted to test Monday to hit both requirements, and got no answer. I dont think she entirely understood my question and why I was asking. That was a bit troubling tbh. 

So we are going for the test Tuesday as well. Paying big $$$ for a rapid result travel result and driving to NY or NJ to get it. I want to leave Thursday morning and stay two nights pre cruise and need to get that result as early as I can to upload to SXM government with the application and leave enough time for a resoponse and some delay. 

Thats my next point for everyone to consider. 1000+ X guests are all going to be uploading tests and applications within a few days time period. Thats going to inevitably cause a backlog or delay in a response and acceptance email. We went to Aruba last July and had to do this same thing. We got very nervous when we didnt get a response until literally the night before our 6am flight. We submitted 2 full days in advance. 

Lets just all hope SXM puts the US on the ‘safe’ list and like Nassau we wont have to test for the country. 

Anyway, abby we’re on same wavelength here. I’d like Celebritt to just say, a test after xx o’clock Monday will be good. Thats all. 120hr prior to ‘boarding’ is so ambiguous. I’m going to try and email her again, this will be the third time I ask her, she should at least answer 🙄

Thanks.  If I knew the boarding time, I might be able to do the test Monday night.  My plan is to test here at home (California) and fly to New York on Thursday.  My sister and I are on an 8am flight on Friday, so we're staying at the hotel at JFK on Thursday night.  I'll land and head straight to the hotel.  

1 hour ago, abbydancer said:

Thanks.  If I knew the boarding time, I might be able to do the test Monday night.  My plan is to test here at home (California) and fly to New York on Thursday.  My sister and I are on an 8am flight on Friday, so we're staying at the hotel at JFK on Thursday night.  I'll land and head straight to the hotel.  

Were on an 8am Jetblue from NY for Friday as well unless they relax the requirements and Ill leave on a Thurs flight. Staying at JFK night before as well. 

We are 11 out of 10 excited. Cant wait to share all the positive vibes with everyone on board!

13 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

Were on an 8am Jetblue from NY for Friday as well unless they relax the requirements and Ill leave on a Thurs flight. Staying at JFK night before as well. 

We are 11 out of 10 excited. Cant wait to share all the positive vibes with everyone on board!

Guess it is time for my standard comment about International flights when cruising.  Really simple - If your flight is cancelled or significantly delayed are there other flights that can get you to the pier on time?

I would be terrible if you arrived after you ship sailed.  The list of things that can go wrong are endless.  Had a Quantas flight where the baggage door jammed and we got our luggage the following day.  Have had crew call in with blue flu.  Weather delays.  Etc.

1 hour ago, BoundForSea said:

Me too (on the excitement).  I'm wondering how many people will cry on the gangway.

Which day are you going?  

Edited by abbydancer
gangplank? Oopsie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Me too (on the excitement).  I'm wondering how many people will cry on the gangplank.

Crying on the gangway? Heck there will be a lot of us crying right here on CC the minute a ship sails with guests again...I'll have to have some tissues beside my laptop LOL 😁😉

7 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Crying on the gangway? Heck there will be a lot of us crying right here on CC the minute a ship sails with guests again...I'll have to have some tissues beside my laptop LOL 😁😉

Good point.  Although, Royal has a ship that's been going since November.  I guess it's that American's can finally go!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Me too (on the excitement).  I'm wondering how many people will cry on the gangway.

Which day are you going?  

I’ll be one of them for sure Haha! Its been a very very long 16months since last boarding!   If you guys are interested in a cocktail Thursday night in NY my wife and I would be happy to join you. We always go down the night before out of JFK and have a few drinks and relax, its a pre cruise little ritual of ours. 

As of right now Friday 8AM (ish) JBLU. 

Edited by BoundForSea

13 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Guess it is time for my standard comment about International flights when cruising.  Really simple - If your flight is cancelled or significantly delayed are there other flights that can get you to the pier on time?

I would be terrible if you arrived after you ship sailed.  The list of things that can go wrong are endless.  Had a Quantas flight where the baggage door jammed and we got our luggage the following day.  Have had crew call in with blue flu.  Weather delays.  Etc.

So not sure if that was for me? We are going a day or two prior. I’d be more concerned for all those same day flights that Celebrity is encouraging. 

Having been a pilot and in the airline industry since 1997 (and a commuting pilot at that)  I can for sure agree appreciate ALL the things that can go wrong. We’ve got options. 

I’m hoping someone from CC here makes a post describing how everything goes for pre boarding and boarding etc for the June 5th sailing. There could be some good stuff to be taken away from lessons learrned there. Other than the itinerary, we chose the second week just for that reason. 

1 hour ago, BoundForSea said:

We are going a day or two prior. I’d be more concerned for all those same day flights that Celebrity is encouraging. 

Arriving on the Friday before here. 

There are so few flights to SXM that people who fly in on the Saturday are going to miss the ship if they missconnect. And Celebrity isn't allowing embarkation in a downline port due to the COVID screening protocols at boarding in St. Maarten.