Myanmar Itinerary Changes

Stumblefoot

4 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Mandalay sounds exotic but it's a terrible place, searingly hot, dusty, sprawling, hardly anything to see. 

But the sun comes up like thunder there – except that, as a late riser, I would miss that too...

8 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

This article out of Australia sounds just awful for a people who are so accustomed to traveling the world over.  At this stage, it is so hard to fathom they may not be able to travel internationally until late 2022.

I do hope the Australian government develops a plan quickly to let vaccinated Australians travel as they please.  We want to see our friends, Dr. Ron and Rojann, in Singapore in 9-months!

Well our media whether left or right of centre are doom and gloom experts.If you look at the quote of what the Minister said that the borders wouldn't be flung open at the beginning of 2022.He went on to say that significant travel out of Australia wouldn't happen until late 2022.it is likely that vaccinated Australians will be allowed out to selected countries and Singapore is mentioned as one of those.

Our problem will be getting home especially if we visit India.But we are on until Athens and we then could fly to England which by then is likely to be an allowed destination.We might have to spend 14 days there before being allowed back into Australia.But as I have a sister living there that should not be a problem.

And both I and Rojaan have had our first shot of the Oxford vaccine.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, drron29 said:

Well our media whether left or right of centre are doom and gloom experts.If you look at the quote of what the Minister said that the borders wouldn't be flung open at the beginning of 2022.He went on to say that significant travel out of Australia wouldn't happen until late 2022.it is likely that vaccinated Australians will be allowed out to selected countries and Singapore is mentioned as one of those.

Our problem will be getting home especially if we visit India.But we are on until Athens and we then could fly to England which by then is likely to be an allowed destination.We might have to spend 14 days there before being allowed back into Australia.But as I have a sister living there that should not be a problem.

Yes, thankfully our bucket list still has enough other places that Australia-New Zealand can continue to slip down year by year.  Already cancelled twice.  Not falling for that again until I see ships full of Americans actually sailing there.

4 hours ago, drron29 said:

We have had our first too.  No ill effects to speakof and roll on July for the second dose.  I also take statements in the media and by our politicians predicting what is going to happen 18 months in advance as not worth the paper they are written on (if they are written on paper!) So much can happen to the world and to us as individuals.  I now, after 15 months of this pandemic, do my planning and make sure I have an exit plan, if need be, to escape with economic pain I can  bear.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Yes, thankfully our bucket list still has enough other places that Australia-New Zealand can continue to slip down year by year.  Already cancelled twice.  Not falling for that again until I see ships full of Americans actually sailing there.

Your comment made me want to cry.  We have wonderful memories of sailing on the Muse in December 2019 Sydney to Auckland right before the world was turned upside down. We so hoped to go back to play golf in both countries this year.  I recall the Muse had come down the long stretch of the Asian coastline before picking us up in Sydney. I remember having cocktails with a few couples who had been onboard a month.  Interestingly, my husband & I developed a strange cough and extreme fatigue a week after the cruise.  We were put on a Z Pack & prednisone by our doctors  in the US since I have moderate asthma. We tested negative for antibodies that following March when Covid became front & center in the news.  Negative.... doctors think we might have been infected with an early mild strain. Would be interested if others onboard had similar experience. By the way, that cruise must stay on your list.  It was exceptional.  

Edited by cece50
  • Thanks 1