Error code -200 attempting to load photo from new phone into a post

Hi, I just got a new Samsung S21 phone.  I attempted to attach a photo taken with the new phone to a post and got the following error.

Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file. Error code: -200. 

It is a JPG file, size 10,724 KB

Is there some type of size limitation? Any suggestions?

Thank you. 

I think that may be the case.  I just tried to post another photo and failed with same message. Perhaps at minimum the error message could be improved. 

I am going to have to remember to use lower resolution if I want to post to CC, which seems a shame. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

I think that may be the case.  I just tried to post another photo and failed with same message. Perhaps at minimum the error message could be improved. 

I am going to have to remember to use lower resolution if I want to post to CC, which seems a shame. 

Thanks. 

Quite honestly no one's computer can show 65 mega-pixels. You should be able to down-convert the resolution for posting so you don't lose the details for when you can display that detail.

29 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Quite honestly no one's computer can show 65 mega-pixels. You should be able to down-convert the resolution for posting so you don't lose the details for when you can display that detail.

Well I can open the file on my computer. Not sure if it is somehow doing a conversion automatically.

However, same file I can open on the computer can not be attached to a CC post. 

Not sure how to "down-convert" as you call it, but I will investigate. Thanks. 

10 MB is a pretty large file to post on a board. It is also unkind to those reading the thread with a cell on a limited data plan or with a slow network connection.

Edited by broberts

• 4 weeks later...

@broberts

I had a new phone and did not know what was going on or why.  Please note I figured it out and corrected the situation myself.  

I  also don't think there is anything wrong with reporting an unclear error message. It is an opportunity for technical support to improve the message to the end user and in fact the message could be used to explain any size limitations / suggestions. 

However, thank you for your input and happy future cruising.