Carnival Spirit Balcony

Empehi

Can anyone describe the difference between the regular and extended balcony on the Carnival Spirit? I am not talking about the aft balconies but the balconies on the sides of the ship. Is the regular balcony really small?

Thanks ....

e

regular balcony fits 2 chairs and a small table.  that's it.  plenty of room to sit or stand.  plenty of room for 2 people.  anymore and i think it would get cramped quick.  never had an extended balcony to compare but I think they fit a lounge chair, which a regular will not.

On 4/25/2021 at 8:19 AM, Empehi said:

Can anyone describe the difference between the regular and extended balcony on the Carnival Spirit? I am not talking about the aft balconies but the balconies on the sides of the ship. Is the regular balcony really small?

Thanks ....

e

I've had a regular balcony on Spirit and yes, they are very small - only good for sitting with two chairs and a small table - not really for relaxing.  The extended balconies were right above our's and most definitely worth getting, IMO - there was some room to move around.

I guess it's  what you want a balcony for and if you want to pay extra for additional space.

Edited by mek

If you look at the Spirit deck plan you will notice that the mid ship extended balcony cabins are set in or don't stick out as much as the regular balcony cabins. This does help with the wind during sailing in our experience.

From a mid ship extended balcony, you won't be looking straight down to the water, but instead to the lifeboats below and from side to side you will see cabins that jet out and not a straight line of sight to the front and back of the ship.  

There are some extended balcony cabins on deck 5 at the front of the ship, which are not over the lifeboats, if I remember right. I don't believe they are set in so they might be windier than the ones that are mid ship.

As far as size goes, the extended balcony is a bit deeper, so you will have a little more room to stretch your legs and move around.

If you're in the mid ship extended balcony cabins on deck 6, you may notice some noise coming from the movement of the life boats below during sailing. I would describe it as a creaking to a slight banging depending on how rough the seas are.

OK, so the extended balcony doesn't go past another room, but a laundry, an ice room, some type of service area.  I was warned when i booked one that there might be noise.  There was not noise, but for some reason the bed vibrated from the sound of the disco all night long,  Heavy metal echoing through metal.  The down side of the balcony, was because it was inset, folks could look down onto our balcony.  It was our honeymoon, we thought it would be romantic, um...not, we did not spend as much time on a bigger balcony.  If you spend your whole day on the balcony, then great, if not, I wouldn't spend the extra money again.

Cruise happy.!

I do not like the extended balconies because they are recessed to the regular balconies. I want to be able to look straight down to the water and forward and back with as much view as possible. As you can see, they are not wider, but about 2 feet deeper. Oh, and know before you get freaky on your extended balcony that I can see you clearly from my corner regular balcony. 

image.png.ce288e17402ee0df1cc1367fcf517cf1.png

Edited by asalligo

40 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I do not like the extended balconies because they are recessed to the regular balconies. I want to be able to look straight down to the water and forward and back with as much view as possible. As you can see, they are not wider, but about 2 feet deeper. Oh, and know before you get freaky on your extended balcony that I can see you clearly from my corner regular balcony. 

image.png.ce288e17402ee0df1cc1367fcf517cf1.png

yes it is nice to be able to lean out, on a regular balcony, and be able to look forward or aft at the water.  But your comment about being able to see people in the extended balconies from the corner balcony really isnt true.  At the end of the balcony there is a metal divider blocking the view, it is not open.  You have to lean out pretty far in order to see around the divider and look back into the regular balconies.  I had 6218 on Miracle a few years back and some friends had an extended balcony on Deck 5 aft of us, so when we wanted to check in and talk it was difficult.

56 minutes ago, bstel said:

yes it is nice to be able to lean out, on a regular balcony, and be able to look forward or aft at the water.  But your comment about being able to see people in the extended balconies from the corner balcony really isnt true.  At the end of the balcony there is a metal divider blocking the view, it is not open.  You have to lean out pretty far in order to see around the divider and look back into the regular balconies.  I had 6218 on Miracle a few years back and some friends had an extended balcony on Deck 5 aft of us, so when we wanted to check in and talk it was difficult.

It was really easy on the Pride. Not to see the people directly behind you, but down the row, I had a full view of everyone's balcony. 

Thank you all for your input. So .... would it make more sense to to get the extended balcony not in the recess section in the middle of the ship but forward where the balcony is not recessed?

2 hours ago, Empehi said:

Thank you all for your input. So .... would it make more sense to to get the extended balcony not in the recess section in the middle of the ship but forward where the balcony is not recessed?

So per the deck plans, the only extended balcony that is not recessed, is on Deck 5 forward.  But that would put you directly above the theater, so you would have to consider possible noise from that.  If an extended balcony is your preference, I would go with the extended balconies on decks 7 or 8, in the "forward recess."  That recess is a much longer row of rooms than the back recess, so if you get a room in the middle of that row, you still should have good site lines forward and aft, but you will still not be able to look straight down due to the lifeboats but honestly I don't think that is a big issue.  Deck 7 or 8 is high enough above the life boats that your view down is pretty good.  Probably Deck 7 over Deck 8 since Deck 8 is under the lido deck and you will get noise from that.  Also, unless you plan on having sex or lounging naked on your balcony, I would not worry about the corner balconies looking back, you cant look back from your chair, you have to lean out over the rail to see back.

deck8-2020.gif

deck7-2020.gif