UK Government guidance on UK only cruises

Denarius

11 minutes ago, Denarius said:

The following guidance was issued by the UK government on 23 April 2021 and will be of interest to those contemplating such cruises. It had been posted on this page before but has mysteriously vanished!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-cruise-ship-travel

I think you mean the thread started by Zombatar.  He started another thread asking about it (which is still on this page) and a moderator has said it was deleted because it broke copyright law by cutting and pasting instead of providing a link.  

So basically after June 21st, the cruise lines will be free to do whatever they like, as all restrictions will (hopefully ) be lifted from that date.

It seems strange that after that date I will be able to share tables in pubs and restaurants, stay in hotels without  a CV19 test, and travel anywhere in the UK. Or, I can go on a cruise,  have to be tested before boarding,  not be able to sit with other people, and not be able to freely leave the ship when in port !  

23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

So basically after June 21st, the cruise lines will be free to do whatever they like, as all restrictions will (hopefully ) be lifted from that date.

It seems strange that after that date I will be able to share tables in pubs and restaurants, stay in hotels without  a CV19 test, and travel anywhere in the UK. Or, I can go on a cruise,  have to be tested before boarding,  not be able to sit with other people, and not be able to freely leave the ship when in port !  

Not strange from the companies viewpoint. People have booked these cruises knowing the restrictions so if it is more relaxed they may consider it a bonus, or passengers may be made more nervous if restrictions are relaxed. I can imagine the chaos 'Whoopee' no masks or social distancing, some older and more nervous passengers would be horrified, or terrified. P&O IMO are better to leave it as it is, after all the 2 vaccinations restrictions eliminate the vast majority of the party/hugging demographic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Denarius said:

The following guidance was issued by the UK government on 23 April 2021 and will be of interest to those contemplating such cruises. It had been posted on this page before but has mysteriously vanished!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-cruise-ship-travel

This should help to clarify the situation with regard to travel insurance for the summer seacation cruises.  It’s taken a while to get it in print but finally they have distinguished between a domestic cruise that stays within coastal waters ( in effect a floating UK hotel)  and those that visit international ports.  

3 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

This should help to clarify the situation with regard to travel insurance for the summer seacation cruises.  It’s taken a while to get it in print but finally they have distinguished between a domestic cruise that stays within coastal waters ( in effect a floating UK hotel)  and those that visit international ports.  

If you read the definition of Domestic Cruises it does mention going outside of uk water. 

19 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

If you read the definition of Domestic Cruises it does mention going outside of uk water. 

Yes .. agreed but not calling at any port.  Guess that it to cover  straying further from shore I search of the sun.  😎😎

A9EF9228-176D-43ED-860E-BF05F12DAE5C.jpeg

33 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

The general guidence on cruising does not appear to have been updated since January.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cruise-ship-travel

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

Just as a general point, government guidelines and publications that are meant to be shared generally to anyone who is interested are not restricted by copyright as long as they are shared unchanged. 

Exactly, the decisions made by moderators on this site shows a distinct lack of understanding of basic moderation principles at times!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seapals2 said:

By outside England I assume this means .. Scotland and Wales 

Yes.  However  neither Scottish or Welsh governments will have any cross border restrictions affecting the cruise start up.  Obviously things can change but both governments have already given the green light to allow cruise ships to dock. 

On 4/25/2021 at 6:24 PM, Denarius said:

The general guidence on cruising does not appear to have been updated since January.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cruise-ship-travel

Originally the rules relating to cruises were all sailings ... now domestic cruises have been separated to allow them under the steps out of lockdown alongside other hospitality accommodations from May 17th.  

I see it has just been announced that certification for foreign travel will be via the NHS App, not the one for entering restaurants etc but the one for accessing your GP records etc. No mention of a paper backup though!.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I see it has just been announced that certification for foreign travel will be via the NHS App, not the one for entering restaurants etc but the one for accessing your GP records etc. No mention of a paper backup though!.

Where did you see that?

It does explain why the NHS app has been pushed a lot recently.

12 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Where did you see that?

It does explain why the NHS app has been pushed a lot recently.

Grant Shapps said it on TV this morning. No mention of any alternative, so folks without a smart phone may have an issue. 

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Grant Shapps said it on TV this morning. No mention of any alternative, so folks without a smart phone may have an issue. 

Just found this dated a couple of weeks ago "

Writing in The Telegraph, Mr Gove said there were "a host of practical and ethical questions we have to answer before we can consider a wider roll-out".

"For health reasons, some people cannot be vaccinated, so we have to ensure access to certification through testing or natural immunity as an alternative.

"We must not exclude those who do not have a smartphone, so we’re exploring paper-based complements to the app. Privacy and data security must be watertight.

• Like 1

I've just checked the NHS App, and while I cannot see vaccination records online via the GP practice, I can see it via the NHS App, which I could not do last month.

But it is in the middle of "consultations and events "- 176 records to date, including repeat prescriptions and flu vaccinations listed in reverse date order.

It will take a long time to scroll through to find and prove each vaccination dose; it does not separate vaccinations from everything else, let alone show the Covid vaccination separately.

Needs a lot of work before it can be used - especially to stop it logging you out before you have finished - but it has made progress since last month, so there is hope.

(I only have a cheap smartphone on Asda payg for this sort of thing. I use the non-smart Doro (also on Asda payg) for actual calls).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Our surgery doesn’t use the app, don’t know whether that’s true across NHS Wales. 

I'm not getting political here just realistic.

The problem when you split anything, in this case the health service in to small part like trusts etc is you lose continuity and this makes rolling out common systems 10 or even 100 times harder. I was an acquaintance or some who worked on the NHS computer system that never happened and he told me that from day one he knew it would never happen as it was a case of getting every shaped peg you can think of to fit into one universal shaped hole and that will never happen.

So bottom line is the only true solution to this is every health service to have their own app with this information in and backed up by a paper copy from the doctors for those who need it (and only those who need it). It will take many millions of £s for those at the top to realise this though.

• Like 1

I have just registered on the NHS app - what a palaver with photograph of driving licence and scan of my face!  I can access my local surgery online for medical records.  It's going to be interesting to see what they do for those without the App

4 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

I've just checked the NHS App, and while I cannot see vaccination records online via the GP practice, I can see it via the NHS App, which I could not do last month.

But it is in the middle of "consultations and events "- 176 records to date, including repeat prescriptions and flu vaccinations listed in reverse date order.

I'm sure the intention will be to separate that data out to its own "button"

I just logged into my Patient Record at my Health Centre and there is a sort button at the top for dates and then a drop down menu for vaccinations.  Now it's easy for me to print off the page if I need to.  Both my Covid vaccinations are on one page.

• Like 1