UK Government guidance on UK only cruises

Denarius

47 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well that was fun! Scanning my face was weird! It says allow up to 7 days now!

If the system likes your face scan, your approval could be really quick. It took 10 minutes for my husband’s ID to be verified.

unlike me - it seems the system didn’t like  my face scan and it had to be looked at by a human. It took 4 days for me. 

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

If the system likes your face scan, your approval could be really quick. It took 10 minutes for my husband’s ID to be verified.

unlike me - it seems the system didn’t like  my face scan and it had to be looked at by a human. It took 4 days for me. 

Thinks, I took my glasses off before the face scan, just like the electronic passport scanners. My verification took about 40 minutes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davecttr said:

Thinks, I took my glasses off before the face scan, just like the electronic passport scanners. My verification took about 40 minutes.

I have my glasses on in my passport photo, so I kept them on for the face scan….  But I now wear different glasses. My husband doesn’t wear his glasses in his passport photo so took them off for his face scan.

when I next get a passport, I’ll definitely take my glasses off for the passport photo, as this does seem to be a factor in the face scanning, and I’m sure face scanning will become a widespread way of confirming ID 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 2:11 PM, Scriv said:

Good. Thank you for confirming.

I have an app Airmid uk, which was a link from my GP   online  web which I see all my medical stuff etc 

Will it be this one ? It does show my first jab having second Sat. We're not cruising until next April wonder if the letter will last that long. 

13 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I didn’t look at my emails last night and this morning I see I had an email telling me I was approved! I can see my Covid jabs now 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I have my glasses on in my passport photo, so I kept them on for the face scan….  But I now wear different glasses. My husband doesn’t wear his glasses in his passport photo so took them off for his face scan.

when I next get a passport, I’ll definitely take my glasses off for the passport photo, as this does seem to be a factor in the face scanning, and I’m sure face scanning will become a widespread way of confirming ID 

I remember the faff of taking my glasses off for my passport before last. It told me to in the photo booth but I will always be wearing them when I check in as I’m short sighted! It was a faff because I then couldn’t read the instructions 😂

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I remember the faff of taking my glasses off for my passport before last. It told me to in the photo booth but I will always be wearing them when I check in as I’m short sighted! It was a faff because I then couldn’t read the instructions 😂

My wife is short sighted so and has trouble with epassport gates at airports. To read the instructions she needs to leave glasses on, but if she she does that the gate rejects her, plus often there is a border control official shouting at her to take them off. Guess whoever designed them wasn’t a spectacles wearer, perhaps they need to speak to Apple their face recognition system for phone works with or without glasses and after latest release with a mask on as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

My wife is short sighted so and has trouble with epassport gates at airports. To read the instructions she needs to leave glasses on, but if she she does that the gate rejects her, plus often there is a border control official shouting at her to take them off. Guess whoever designed them wasn’t a spectacles wearer, perhaps they need to speak to Apple their face recognition system for phone works with or without glasses and after latest release with a mask on as well.

I am long sighted since my cataract operations so I can't see the instructions clearly with my normal glasses on or of!. What they need is the instructions in BIG lettering at least 10 feet away

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

I am long sighted since my cataract operations so I can't see the instructions clearly with my normal glasses on or of!. What they need is the instructions in BIG lettering at least 10 feet away

It’s discrimination against glasses wearers! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1