Which port best to see glow worms in New Zealand

My vote would be for Kawiti Caves at Waiomio just a little south of Kawakawa in the Bay of Islands area. It's a family owned operation, I believe, and we were so fortunate to have a granddaughter as our guide. It was the highlight of our trip to New Zealand. 

Posted (edited)

About a half hour drive south from Paihia and the tour was about 30-45 minutes. Very informative and entertaining. I wish I could remember the name of our guide (it was 12/2019) but she sang an traditional song acapella that was incredibly beautiful. Very easy to find and tickets can be easily purchased online. Once the tour ends there is a 15 minute walk back to your car and we spent that time speaking with our guide with additional questions and conversation. 

Edited by modernmind
13 minutes ago, modernmind said:

My vote would be for Kawiti Caves at Waiomio just a little south of Kawakawa in the Bay of Islands area. It's a family owned operation, I believe, and we were so fortunate to have a granddaughter as our guide. It was the highlight of our trip to New Zealand. 

Thanks

You should be able to book a tour including transportation which will either pick you up at the tender wharf or at the information centre where the shuttle buses drop off.