Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

I’m using it on my IPad + it works on my IPhone. 

I like the dinning app as for dinner it tells me which dinning room I’ll be in plus I was able to make a reservation for a speciality restaurant which was nice. Soon I’m supposed to be able to view a menu which will be nice. 

This will be my first time using the Medallion so I’m looking forward to it. 

Tom😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peckishpixie said:

The app has disappeared from the ap store and didn't migrate to my new phone. Is everyone else's still working 

once I left app alone it came back with everything filled in for my current booking and personalizer. Even photo I used on Dec 2019 Sky cruise showed up. My decision to leave the app alone has helped me. 

• Like 1

The app came back on my phone and tablet. I can do the dining thing, but what good is all that if we can't see if our information is correct, and can't use the personalizer for the medallion? 

I just noticed something. When I can log into the website and look at my cruise it shows the itinerary as it was when I booked the cruise, but when I look at it on the app it is missing like 3 ports of call. I realize it's still 445 days away, but I would think they still should match.....anyone else have that issue?

31 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

I just noticed something. When I can log into the website and look at my cruise it shows the itinerary as it was when I booked the cruise, but when I look at it on the app it is missing like 3 ports of call. I realize it's still 445 days away, but I would think they still should match.....anyone else have that issue?

Mine are same on app as in website 

• Like 1

I have a new theory as to why some members here are posting things working for them, including dining selections and reservations. 

As we know, Princess has been removing information and reservation maintenance from Cruise Personalizer (CP) on the website to the MedallionClass (MC) app.  Software and systems processing either work or don't work.  Sometimes, bad data can cause an issue, but this is often an abort situation and system goes down.  I have been finding it odd that some folks can access and update their voyages and not others - on the same platform as others who can't (Android and Apple). 

It makes me think that they are not just shifting data, but have significantly updated the booking information we see and use in the CP and are converting bookings from the old system to the new system.  I am one who has four future voyage bookings for OCT 2022 sail dates.  When I log into Princess.com in past couple days or so (weekend sometime I think), my future cruises are listed as normal, but if I click on any of them, I get an error message and don't get in.  My favorite saved list is there and working, I can click into them and shop cabins and prices.  I am not logged out despite what the message states.  My Captain Circle data is there, etc. 

On the MC app, we can login and see all voyages (1 B2B2B + 1 other), but there is no functionality to do the BlueLane check-in (other than Medallion choice is green).  We do not have the DMW functionality choice. 

So, my working theory, until proven otherwise, is that they are migrating data in some way and could be for voyages nearest in time, generally.  Not totally sure on that one.  But it is the only explanation I can think of logically why the same website/app software we are all using works for some of the voyage booking data and not for others.

ETA - If I am close to correct, we won't get full access to our voyages until they are converted into the new system.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 3

Great theory Steelers36, but possibly could it be that Princess doesn’t know what they’re doing?   They OBVIOUSLY don’t know their cruising demographic or they wouldn’t be making the medallion mandatory!   Also a great idea to let your grandkids help...just what I want to do....give them my credit card info...lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

PS...my app isn’t working either!

My app works fine website still letting me in then I get message when I go to manage my booking. 

Princess should have been on the ball and dealt with this months ago. 

and they cannot expect thousands of cruise passengers to be set up with the MedallionClass app this year, IMO. They will have to do something’s the old school way. Not everyone will be on here finding out about these issues and face these problems a week before their cruise begins. 

• Like 1

Mine is working on my iPhone 11.  But it's still not bug free.  For my August cruise it only shows step 2 checked for us in the Ocean Ready profile and we are in the Blue Lane when I first enter the app.  Ditto for my December 2021 and October 2022 cruises.  Oddly our January 2022 cruise shows all 4 steps checked and we are in the Green Lane.  Then if I go back to the August cruise it still shows only step 2 check but we are changed to the Green Lane.  This exact same thing happens every time I go into the app.  I had checked us in successfully in the Cruise Personalizer for all four cruises prior to Princess shutting down that functionality so it seems like all should be in the same status.  And I still do not see the documents that we need to sign in the profile nor are the boarding groups working yet.  So there's been quite a bit of progress since I've started playing with it but they still have a ways to go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dog said:

Princess should have been on the ball and dealt with this months ago. 

Don't flame me for this, but months ago, Carnival/Princess had a lot of their people on furlough.  But, that still doesn't make the decision to implement new technology during what is likely to be a chaotic restart anyway.  They just should have waited.

My take:  Princess is using Menehunes to move data from one account to the other.  It's like the roll out of the Medallion on the ships.  Announcement and functionality was too premature.  

Auwe...sigh...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, dog said:

once I left app alone it came back with everything filled in for my current booking and personalizer. Even photo I used on Dec 2019 Sky cruise showed up. My decision to leave the app alone has helped me. 

It sounds like, if nothing else, that will save me some stress. I have 3 months before my cruise so I will check again next week 

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Mine is working on my iPhone 11.  But it's still not bug free.  For my August cruise it only shows step 2 checked for us in the Ocean Ready profile and we are in the Blue Lane when I first enter the app.  Ditto for my December 2021 and October 2022 cruises.  Oddly our January 2022 cruise shows all 4 steps checked and we are in the Green Lane.  Then if I go back to the August cruise it still shows only step 2 check but we are changed to the Green Lane.  This exact same thing happens every time I go into the app.  I had checked us in successfully in the Cruise Personalizer for all four cruises prior to Princess shutting down that functionality so it seems like all should be in the same status.  And I still do not see the documents that we need to sign in the profile nor are the boarding groups working yet.  So there's been quite a bit of progress since I've started playing with it but they still have a ways to go.

Update to my earlier post:  The Passage Contract is now there but there isn't a separate risk statement.  I'm assuming that it's all in the Passage Contract but I would be wrong about that.  There are two statements with the boxes prechecked that I have read and accepted everything.  I tried to uncheck but it's not possible.  Everything else that I reported about the app is still the same, and now the picture of our passports has disappeared (again).

Regarding the mandatory risk assessment statement:

I don't see it in the app. In the webinar it was stated that, while the thing must be accepted via the app, the statement itself was available to view on the Princess web site. I looked yesterday but didn't see it anywhere. Has anybody found it on the web site?

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well here's a strange twist. As of right now the app itself is no longer available in the Google Play store.  I had deleted with the intent to reinstall...SURPRISE!

It wasn’t there last night, Mrs C tried to find it to see if the app would work better on her Android device rather than my iPhone. At least we now know that both options are now reassuringly useless!

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I don't see it in the app. In the webinar it was stated that, while the thing must be accepted via the app, the statement itself was available to view on the Princess web site. I looked yesterday but didn't see it anywhere. Has anybody found it on the web site?

In the Personal Information & Documents there are 2 check boxes to accept both the Passage Contract & for the COVID-19 Risk Notification or Acceptance. I currently cannot log-in to their website.

“I understand and accept the COVID-19 Risk Notification or Acceptance on my behalf and on behalf of all accompanying minor children”.

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

42 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

In the Personal Information & Documents there are 2 check boxes to accept both the Passage Contract & for the COVID-19 Risk Notification or Acceptance. I currently cannot log-in to their website.

“I understand and accept the COVID-19 Risk Notification or Acceptance on my behalf and on behalf of all accompanying minor children”.

I haven't seen this on my booking for January 2022.  I wonder if they are only requiring this on the bookings for this summer/fall.  I can't get into the app, but the personalizer on the website didn't have it when I could get into it.  Now I'm still getting:

• There was an error in the processing of your request. Please check the information and try again. If you continue to have problems, please call 1-800-PRINCESS and we will be happy to assist you.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I just spent 30 minutes in the phone with a Princess rep, and then Princess Customer Service. I told both of them our final payment for our Alaska cruise is due tomorrow, and I was unwilling to make that final payment until I could read the terms of the passage contract and risk acceptance statement, which must be accepted through the Medallion app. Which isn’t working. Again. 

I was told that a link to the risk acceptance statement was right on the Princess home page, idiot (that last bit wasn’t stated, only implied), in the upper left hand corner. When I said I didn’t see it, I was told to click on the Travel advisories link.  When I said I still didn’t see a COVID-19 acceptance statement, I was further directed to the 5/27/21 Notice to Passengers Regarding Advice from the CDC, which I clicked on.  Apparently, the second paragraph of that update is (verbatim, I was assured) the COVID-19 Risk Assessment Statement I will be required to accept via the Medallion app which is not working and is not expected to work all week. 

Interestingly, the link in the first paragraph, to the CDC Cruise Ship Travel Website takes me to a page where the first sentence states that the CDC recommends all people avoid travel on cruise ships. 

Honestly, if this was my first rodeo, the horse would be in the barn and I’d be home in my jammies having a glass of wine; I just wouldn’t particpate. Why is Princess putting us, their first guests willing and anxious to cruise with them again, through all this?

We never even got to where I might find the Passage Contract to read online before I fork over $000s tomorrow. It’s definitely a case where Princess has screwed up every step of the way, but I’m supposed to just trust them.   

• Like 3