Help deciding between 2 Celebrity Eclipse itineraries

maureenk

The 14-day trip on Jan. 14, 2022 is only $300 more for 2 people than the 11-day trip on Feb. 19, 2022.  Although 3 days longer, 2 of those are days at sea.  Which itinerary is better - 14 day adds in Bay of Islands and Hobart while 11-day has an overnight in Tauranga.  They also go in opposite directions.  Please help us chose!  Thank you!

image.png.af8d1a4b8ca5ee3fa1bd190e7bda9b2a.png

image.png.805902b6ccf35a23a32b6284fc0bb602.png

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2021 at 3:05 AM, zalusky said:

Well we enjoyed the Bonorong Wildlife sanctuary on Hobart a lot which we did via the Private Journeys upgrade. 

We were able to do the Hobbiton excursion on the one day Tauranga stop we had.

IMG_1441.thumb.JPG.3f9a4d51151cbc61d36f1e426b60dc4c.JPG

Hold on a second! isn't it the place where the Lord of the Rings was filmed? Is it in Autralia? I have never thought of it being filmed specifically there as they travelled half the glove while filming the movie =D. In any case, my wife would be happy to get there to take a few shots 

6 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Hold on a second! isn't it the place where the Lord of the Rings was filmed? Is it in Autralia? I have never thought of it being filmed specifically there as they travelled half the glove while filming the movie =D. In any case, my wife would be happy to get there to take a few shots 

Bonorang is accessible from Hobart Tasmania.

Lord of the Rings was filmed all over New Zealand.  See this link:

https://www.newzealand.com/us/feature/the-lord-of-the-rings-trilogy-filming-locations/

Unfortunately the Australian borders are closed.  If you come to Australia you will have to quarantine at your own expense in a designated hotel for 2 weeks.  Marched through customs, straight through to awaiting coaches to take you to a hotel regardless if you have been vaccinated or not. There are no cruises happening in Australia and New Zealand.  The borders are not estimated to reopen until mid next year.