Specific cocktail question

Nskeptic

So I'm planning my first cruise, and I'm trying to avoid dumb mistakes.

I haven't seen anything specific here, so I'm going to ask here and if I'm being too picky let me know.

Do mint juleps count in the alcoholic drinks package? I know this varies by lines and ships, but I'd like to know what other people know. 

(BTW, I'm looking at MSC, Carnival, or RC for my first cruise. I'm settling before the end of the month)

I mean, I put that much together. I'm seeing that the lines are saying there is an extra cost to some cocktails. 

I've been a bartender, and I know things like highball (this and that drinks) and the most popular cocktails (Cosmopolitans, for example) are included in a drinks package. 
However things like Manhattans, Old Fashioneds, Dark & Stormys (that no one knows how to make, apparently) are partially covered, but are usually charged more.

What I'm asking is if anyone knows if mint juleps are "premium" and if I should budget extra for it, even with a drinks package.

I think you need to ask this on the boards here for the cruise lines you are considering.  Lines often have different levels of drink packages.  The lowest level may have a cap on the cost of drinks, but if you order one that is more expensive, they will charge the difference.  If you upgrade to a different level of package it might be covered.  But you have to consider how much you drink of drinks with premium liquors to see if the more expensive package is worth it for you.  
    Some lines are offering drink packages ‘free/included’. If so you would be able to upgrade onboard if you find your drink is not included.  EM

• 3 weeks later...

Depends upon the line, but I think it would be unusual to not be covered. In ye olden days, you’d sometimes see two levels of drink package. The cheaper package would only cover the most basic this and that drink (eg  rum and coke made with el cheapo rum). But now you’ll usually only have an option for the deluxe package. That will cover most drinks, some common exceptions that would require an add-on charge - 

- drinks that come in a pineapple or nice you-keep-it-glass

- drinks that take a paragraph to describe and are created my “mixologists.”

- drink with real high end booze. You don’t have to get the cheap stuff, but done be getting JW Blue on the drink package.