Jump to content

Large Online TA featuring on Current Affair tonight (3/5/21)


Recommended Posts

While I was watching Lego Masters last night I saw an ad about large online (well known) TA that will be feature on Current Affair tonight. I think its all to do about bookings and getting deposits back. I believe that the the cruiselines have paid back the money to this big TA but they have been tardy in refunding it back to passengers and other TA's.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

While I was watching Lego Masters last night I saw an ad about large online (well known) TA that will be feature on Current Affair tonight. I think its all to do about bookings and getting deposits back. I believe that the the cruiselines have paid back the money to this big TA but they have been tardy in refunding it back to passengers and other TA's.

 

 

Which channel, what time?  I am a 7.00 pm news, 7.30 Report, Four Corners girl on ABC normally.  BTW Gaming should be very interesting tonight.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Which channel, what time?  I am a 7.00 pm news, 7.30 Report, Four Corners girl on ABC normally.  BTW Gaming should be very interesting tonight.   

Channel 9 at 7pm. If A Current Affair follow their usual practice, the advertised segment will air later in the programme, i.e. closer to 7.20-7.25pm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They must be holding millions of dollars in cruise deposits returned by the cruiselines. I have read some of the complaints on various sites.  Many have been waiting 6 months or more for their monies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will stick with my on TA. He is not A high street TA

.I deal with them by telephone and on line.

We had the Circle Pacific 77 day cruise,  the around South America 93 

day cruise and also the World Cruise 2021 cruise cancelled on us.

Our travel agent has worked his butt of for his clients. He has got everyone their 

entitlements or money back.

When you have a good TA look after them.

We have seven cruises booked through them as of today. 

 Who knows what the world has in the future for us?

But I'm sticking with my TA.

Eric & Sheila

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

I will stick with my on TA. He is not A high street TA

.I deal with them by telephone and on line.

We had the Circle Pacific 77 day cruise,  the around South America 93 

day cruise and also the World Cruise 2021 cruise cancelled on us.

Our travel agent has worked his butt of for his clients. He has got everyone their 

entitlements or money back.

When you have a good TA look after them.

We have seven cruises booked through them as of today. 

 Who knows what the world has in the future for us?

But I'm sticking with my TA.

Eric & Sheila

Your TA is obviously not the one in question. No doubt some of the pax on 2022 and 2023 Worldies on Coral Princess have booked with this mob in question. Imagine a cancellation after final payment, the massive drama of getting $100,000 a couple back, plus shorex. Good luck anyway, Eric and Sheila.

 

Ps, until the last few weeks I was ready to drop a deposit on Sydney to Dover, 2022, but too apprehensive.

Edited by NSWP
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

They used to be good .

I smell a rat Phillip, the money appears to have evaporated.

 

Their faceache site has gonzo.

Edited by NSWP
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Just watched current affair, the regulatory authorities need to crack on to this TA, hard. Where is the money folks?

I started getting worried about that TA when those Sapphire bookings went on sale and the Princess site crashed. I managed to get a guarantee cabin hold through tbem but when I looked at the payment dates I wasn't happy so I let the hold lapse. I think they wanted final payment almost immediately, which was months before the Princess final payment date. Little alarm bells started ringing in my head!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

I started getting worried about that TA when those Sapphire bookings went on sale and the Princess site crashed. I managed to get a guarantee cabin hold through tbem but when I looked at the payment dates I wasn't happy so I let the hold lapse. I think they wanted final payment almost immediately, which was months before the Princess final payment date. Little alarm bells started ringing in my head!

Lucky you pulled out, smart lady, Julie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes  I got an amazing last minute deal for a suite on a Carnival cruise through them. Couldn't have afforded it at normal prices. That was Nov 2016. 

They used to have a deal around December,if you paid in full they would knock 10% off ,which could be a good saving.

I called a few times and got the deal but I wondered why ?
Because no other agent would do it and believe me I tried to get them to match the deal.

I come to the conclusion that they needed the money to carry them through the Christmas and new year.
A bit dodgy I thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There something dodgy happening when they been refunded the money from the cruiselines and still after 8 months they haven't given it back to the passengers.

 

I think the money gone.

 

Be interesting to hear from people who were successful at getting a refund.

 

I used to use this company a lot about 5 years ago. However, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now. I'm also very wearing about paying money for cruises many months ahead (this applies to many Cruises TA and TA's in general).

 

My rule of thumb is to book directly with the cruiseline or airline or hotel. Have been doing this for awhile now. 

Edited by icat2000
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

There something dodgy happening when they been refunded the money from the cruiselines and still after 8 months they haven't given it back to the passengers.

I think the money gone.

Be interesting to hear from people who were successful at getting a refund.

I used to use this company a lot about 5 years ago. However, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now. I'm also very wearing about paying money for cruises many months ahead (this applies to many Cruises TA and TA's in general).

My rule of thumb is to book directly with the cruiseline or airline or hotel. Have been doing this for awhile now. 

Agree they don't pass the sniff test.  I hope someone has contacted ACCC re the non refund of monies refunded by the cruise lines to this TA.  The worry is they are still advertising cruises for sale.

I only book direct also.   

I think cruise lines will need to recalibrate how they sell cruises.  The amount requested for deposit and the long period when they release cruises for sale got completely out of control.  In addition, the time requested for final payment got sooner.  GREED!

I suspect a lot of world cruisers, who booked a long time in advance, would be worried because they wouldn't be able to get their money back from their credit card company.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I suspect a lot of world cruisers, who booked a long time in advance, would be worried because they wouldn't be able to get their money back from their credit card company.  

 

I think if they booked through Cruiseline they might be okay. But through this TA I would be concerned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

I think if they booked through Cruiseline they might be okay. But through this TA I would be concerned.

We waited almost a year before we got the rest of our refund from Crystal for a cruise that was cancelled at the beginning of April 2020. We recovered 75%, ie the final payment amount, after five months through a credit card chargeback but couldn't recover the substantial deposit that way as we'd paid that in October 2018. Unfortunately we lost about $600 in exchange rate fluctuations due to their delay in refunding. It would have been substantially more if we had bern waiting for the full amount to be refunded.

 

So I can understand how those people must be feeling, especially knowing the cruiseine had refunded the money but the TA hadn't. Our refund came direct from the cruise line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...