Allowing RC to Choose Balcony Room - Question

On 5/3/2021 at 5:19 AM, CaroleC said:

Neither would I, too much of a lottery. Knowing my luck, I would end up with the worst one on the ship!

every time we did the "guarantee" cabin, we got the worst cabins ever. Super noisy, right next to the service corridors with traffic 24/7, or under the buffet/pool.

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

every time we did the "guarantee" cabin, we got the worst cabins ever. Super noisy, right next to the service corridors with traffic 24/7, or under the buffet/pool.

Yep that would be me! That’s why we never do them 😁

• Like 1

Sometimes it works out.  I once booked an inside guarantee and received a balcony on Anthem.

On Navigator, an inside guarantee netted me an inside handicap accessible room.  Lots of space!

Edited by soremekun

6 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Sometimes it works out.  I once booked an inside guarantee and received a balcony on Anthem.

On Navigator, an inside guarantee netted me an inside handicap accessible room.  Lots of space!

I can almost ‘guarantee’ that would never happen to me! 😆😆

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Same for me on a Quantum TA.

On Anthem, I booked an inside guarantee and got an oceanview.

A long time ago, I booked an inside guarantee on a B2B Celebrity Horizon repositioning cruise.  I was assigned the same oceanview cabin for both segments.

On a Star Princess TA, I booked an obstructed oceanview and was assigned a balcony (9 category upgrade).

On my (canceled) May 2020 Adventure cruise, I booked a balcony guarantee and was assigned a spacious balcony.

5 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Us too, we once ended up with the tiniest balcony too, and under the Royal Australian T&Cs we weren’t allowed to change cabin/go back into the pool.

7 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Please explain... if you received the worst cabin on the ship time and time again, why did you continue booking them?  Glutton for punishment or a bit of exaggeration?

24 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Please explain... if you received the worst cabin on the ship time and time again, why did you continue booking them?  Glutton for punishment or a bit of exaggeration?

we were inexperienced cruisers at the time and didn't know better. Used a large, impersonal cruise travel agency and followed their advice "to save money". When I finally wised up and realized that I could do better - I did. :) Now I book our travel and choose our cabins myself.