Does NCL ever throw a Cruise critic party??

antcyd

For crying out loud! Who cares what it's called, who sets it up, and whether or not you can call it "official"! The fact of the matter is that we have this amazing and wonderful site to come to, share information, learn, meet, and plan.

We are fortunate that, as a general rule NCL accommodates requests from us to gather and meet. NCL goes above and beyond by usually providing refreshments, as well as having Senior Staff attend to answer questions and generally socialize.

It matters little whether or not the meeting is "sanctioned" "authorized" or "official". What matters is that this site is here for folks who travel on ALL lines, and that we are all afforded the opportunity to discuss the lines that we are familiar with, or prefer.

Beyond that, it truly is none of our business why certain lines have "exclusive rights" or how they obtained those rights. Nor does it matter one iota! For heavens sake - join your roll call, meet your fellow passengers, learn from the other boards, and just enjoy! :D

We have to know what to tell NCL to put on the sign. ;)

For crying out loud! Who cares what it's called, who sets it up, and whether or not you can call it "official"!

The OP did, and that's why I answered the OP questions the way I did.

OP:

I have been on RCCL many times and know that they do but I was wondering if NCL does, has anyone ever sailed on NCL where there was one thrown by the ship itself and not a CC get together pre planned by CC's???

My Answer: No, NCL doesn't.

RCI and CC have a contract agreement, which is why RCI does.

I didn't add to my answer that CC couldn't set up their own CC meeting because I assumed the OP already realized we did.

The rest of this thread has been CCmembers arguing, not answering the OP question.

The rest of this thread has been CCmembers arguing, not answering the OP question.
You're incorrect. I've answered this question three times on this thread and for some reason it's gotten bogged down in semantics. The answer to the OP's question, once again, is no, NCL does not organize a CC get together on its own.

You're incorrect. I've answered this question three times on this thread and for some reason it's gotten bogged down in semantics. The answer to the OP's question, once again, is no, NCL does not organize a CC get together on its own.

By George I think I've got it!!!........NCL does not organize a CC get together ON ITS OWN :D........Goodness!!!!*smacks his forehead*, I actually read that answer a FEW times and got lost in the rest of the schtuff!..actually I even lost track of the original question as well Mea culpa!:D :D :D

OK, I'm going to change the subject and ask yet another question, or 3. When you set up a "CC" meeting with NCL, 1. Can you pick the time and day? 2. If you pick a time before dinner such as 5 pm, will they have other things served other than juice, coffee and desserts? Do they ever offer wine or drinks for this meeting. and last but not least, 3. What is the best time and day to pick a "CC" meeting?

They tell you the day and time. You don't get to pick it. No harm to ask.

It has been the first day at sea in the morning most of the time. They don't always provide snacks, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

I like when all the crew come and you get to meet them.

I have been on 4 cruises on the Dawn and NCL has always provided us a meeting room free of charge. Sometimes the meetings are well attended and sometimes you expect a large crowd and just a few show up. The Meetings are always set up in advance by a member of the roll call.

Believe me though most of the cruise staff know CC . And I think many read the boards but just lurk. This forum is the best on cruise information and I am sure most Cruise Lines want to hear positive reviews of thier ships here so will cater to those who post here.

OK, I'm going to change the subject and ask yet another question, or 3. When you set up a "CC" meeting with NCL, 1. Can you pick the time and day? 2. If you pick a time before dinner such as 5 pm, will they have other things served other than juice, coffee and desserts? Do they ever offer wine or drinks for this meeting. and last but not least, 3. What is the best time and day to pick a "CC" meeting?
Hi, When I arranged our meting on the Spirit, I picked the time and date and they (NCL) picked the place. I have been to 4 other NCL meetings for CC groups and they are usually always before noon. Coffee, tea, deserts & juice are usually served. Before dinner is not a great choice as the NCL staff who usually attend these meetings are very busy at those times.

When we set ours up, we kind of "voted" on on the time & place in our Roll Call thread. Most of us had already met by the time it was "official".

NCL provided cookies, ice water & coffee. We held it in a bar so drinks were available for purchase but there were no other freebies. There was a little sign that said "cruise critic meeting". We were mistaken for real / paid travel reviewers by other passangers. That was a story in itself.

Okay, against my better judgment, I'm jumping into this really weird discussion ...

I put together a CC "Meet & Greet" on the STAR last September. I emailed the gal that helps with that on this ship about 3 weeks before sailing. She told us when and where. In this case it was the first full day out, just before dinner ... I think about 5 p.m., in one of the conference rooms. Ship made up a "private party" sign for the hallway. She said NCL does not provide refreshments of any kind ... so we brought our own. I'm seeing now that NCL is providing refreshments. Good.

I extended an invitation to Kieron Buffery (CD at the time) and he came and brought along the Director of Food & Beverage (or whatever his title is). They both spoke and answered all kinds of questions from our group.

It was a great group and a great time! Met lots of people who we still correspond with.

"That's my story and I'm sticking with it!"

~dianne

I have just tied up most loose ends for our cruise critic meeting on the NCL Wind March 12th. We (15 or us) met on the roll call and I volunteered to take the lead on obtaining a date, time and place. I was able to contact a Passenger Courtesy representative and the only change she made to our request was to start the party at 5 PM instead of 6 PM. We choose day 2 rather than day one and we choose afternoon rather than during the day. I just finished emailing NCL that the group is all cruise critic members and asked for some officers to stop by and chat if possible. I did NOT ask for food or drink as we decided it is a no host bar and is being held in a lounge. I am looking forward to meeting my fellow cruise critic members and hope to make new friends during the cruise. All I can say is everyone at cruise critic and NCL have been very cooperative and I appreciate it! terrytallent1

Archived