NCL Personal Cruise Consultant - fantastic!

ziggyuk

I know for you guys over the pond it's quite common to use an NCL PCC but over here it's not so common.

After the experience of all my previous cancellations and the nightmare getting it fixed (explaining to each new consultant on the phone for nothing to happen). I asked if I could have a PCC, this was accommodated and I now for the first time have one point of contact.

What a breeze my latest cancellation has been, I had credits that expired because of all the cancellations, I had Cruise Next vouchers that had been split in half (2 amounts instead of 1), I just sent him an email and he sorted it all bit by bit and kept me updated with progress.

I just got an email to say a cruise credit issued in 2018, that expired in Dec 2020 is now applied to my December 2022.

Honestly, it's a breath of fresh air to have one contact to deal with all my NCL needs. 😍

I was dreading this cancellation as so many things had rolled over that all needed sorting out but one email and one chat and everything is sorted out.

• Like 3

If you get a good one, they are wonderful.  If you get a not-so-good one, they add little value.  I had a wonderful one in the past.  I would just send her an email with what I had in mind and she would call me when she had it all sorted out and ready for my approval.  She always had just what I wanted and even found additional discounts for me now and then.

However, she left the company and they set me up with a different one.  He just annoyed me, so I stopped using him.  I book myself on the web, for now.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

FYI...it's against forum rules to mention PCC's by name.  Saying this just in case some posts disappear.  🙂

Thanks, I though a first name would be OK but it's understandable especially if the comment was not flattering.

My "guy" disappeared ... no answer to emails, etc. for weeks ... no new PCC recommended ... I am finding the "chat" people very competent and helpful ... 

A PCC will not deal with issues that are not directly his responsibility, example if you booked through a third party, they are only interested in cruises you booked with them.

Mine is based in Miami and only cold calls me occasionally. He is really great.

He called and left messages on both my phone numbers, and emailed me, after my recent cancellation. His persistence that day payed off! I ended up booking one of the new Gem cruises out of Dominican Republic.

Can't wait for September to celebrate my birthday/anniversary on board. We got married on my birthday, and it will be our fifteen year anniversary 🥂

I book all of our cruises.  It used to be directly with NCL and now with a TA to get extra discounts.  For some odd reason my guy sends cards,  emails and calls my wife on my phone.   He's NEVER addressed me.  I find that annoying and would never use him simply out of spite. 

I meet mine through doing a booking with a T/A and getting screwed with a enclosed balcony, rang NCL to complain and move it, they couldn’t, TA couldn’t, PCC said book with us next time, I have since 

We booked a cruise thru a TA. Back home from this (first NCL) cruise we got a call from "our new" PCC asking for our experience. Next two cruises were booked on phone with this nice PCC. She's really good reachable via email or phone. Everything solved really quick. 

• Like 1

I am looking  to use a PCC with future NCL bookings.  But, I was wondering how much control I have over the booking?  I know there are benefits to using a TA, but I am finding that I prefer to be in control of my bookings. 

How does a PCC differ from a TA?

I had a dreadful PCC who would refuse to acknowledge my messages so I had to call him, then he was curt and unhelpful. I ended up getting so stressed about dealing with him that I cancelled a cruise and made a complaint about him.  I now have a new PCC who is wonderful, so helpful and friendly. He found me a couple of cruises at great rates with full perks which aren't actually being offered in the EU market at the moment. 

22 hours ago, DublinFC said:

I am looking  to use a PCC with future NCL bookings.  But, I was wondering how much control I have over the booking?  I know there are benefits to using a TA, but I am finding that I prefer to be in control of my bookings. 

How does a PCC differ from a TA?

Typically, a PCC works for NCL, and can only book for NCL.  A TA (Travel Agent) is an independent travel consultant/booking agent.  The TA reps all the cruise lines, for the most part.  My TA actually offers to lower her commission and pass that on to me.  So, she comes in at a lower fare than the PCC with NCL.  And, she also offers more OBC than an NCL PCC does.  She books my plain, transport and hotel before and/or after the cruise and takes care of my trip insurance, too.

Been using her for years.  If you find a good NCL PCC, stick with them.  I never could get one who was there long enough to book more than once for me.  But, sounds like some here have found good PCCs.

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Typically, a PCC works for NCL, and can only book for NCL.  A TA (Travel Agent) is an independent travel consultant/booking agent.  The TA reps all the cruise lines, for the most part.  My TA actually offers to lower her commission and pass that on to me.  So, she comes in at a lower fare than the PCC with NCL.  And, she also offers more OBC than an NCL PCC does.  She books my plain, transport and hotel before and/or after the cruise and takes care of my trip insurance, too.

Been using her for years.  If you find a good NCL PCC, stick with them.  I never could get one who was there long enough to book more than once for me.  But, sounds like some here have found good PCCs.

I went ahead and called the PCC listed on my recent emails, very nice lady.  Helped us book what we wanted and even found some discount for us that allowed us to upgrade from a balcony to the spa balcony for nearly the same price.  So, first impression was a good one.  

• Like 3

I booked a cruise on NCL website but hadn't put deposit down yet (I was still debating how much I wanted to put down right away), so a PCC cold called me. She was super chatty and friendly with a lot of useful info and wasn't pushy at all. Emailed her again for something and she got back to me right away. Hopefully first time is the charm and I got a good one!

I have heard that you can transfer your reservation from the cruise line to a Travel Agent to help take care of further needs.  Is that correct?   And if so, what are the advantages and disadvantages? 

2 hours ago, BetsyInVT said:

I have heard that you can transfer your reservation from the cruise line to a Travel Agent to help take care of further needs.  Is that correct?   And if so, what are the advantages and disadvantages? 

There are no specific advantages or disadvantages of transferring a reservation. You just need to decide whether you would prefer to continue dealing directly with NCL or to be using a TA.

Its basically the same decision you would have when making the booking in the first place as to whether you go direct or not.

I have a great PCC with NCL. I have his direct number as well as his cell phone number. He is based in Miami. He is always very professional and helpful. Been using him for years. He often times finds us an OBC or discount on curise fare. He offers great input on different staterooms and ship location based on the itinerary and our preferences, lots of stuff.  He can see staterooms that are still available to book that you cannot see on the website while doing a mock booking to get an idea of price.  He has been a great help to us and a number of our friends that travel with us sometimes. So yes, if you get a good one they are worth their weight in gold. So greatful to have had his help this past year with all the cancellations mess, rebooking, etc. 

• Like 1

I couldn’t agree more.  My ta magically disappeared and it was my PCC who saved the day with COVID cancellations. He was good pre Covid but depending on perks a ta could offer, I’d sometimes switch a booking to a ta.  No longer worth it.  My pcc definitely earned my loyalty last year.  I’m sure others feel that way about their ta’s.  This past year I realized how important it is to have someone connected, reliable, honest and knowledgeable on your side.  

• Like 2

I had a good experience with a PCC just now. He's newly assigned to me and the old one was useless--never returned calls. This one was on a call but called me back before I could finish leaving a voicemail message. In addition to making the change I wanted, he reviewed a booking that's on hold and offered me a better deal on it.

While I was writing this post, he called back to tell me that a discount that was lying fallow on my account could be applied to the changed booking.

• Like 2