Birthday?

I saw the servers singing Happy Birthday quite a few times on several ships in the restaurants along with some kind of dessert. I am not sure if you can arrange ahead of time or speak to the venue a few days before. I am pretty sure you can purchase decorations for your cabin too.

You can select it during the booking process and possibly when doing the online check-in. Or call your travel agent/cruise consultant to add a note to the booking.

You will get a free birthday cake with dinner on the date indicated.

I was a solo for my birthday last time out and I received a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, my room steward was also all set to put a bunch of balloons into my cabin except that I arrived at the door before she got the chance.

You can also purchase a birthday package which will have the balloons and cake delivered to your stateroom, and you can also order other treats like the strawberries or a bigger cake. They’re listed under gifts & more in the app you may have to scroll a long way down to find them. 

• Like 2

if you log in, you can arrange the cabin to be decorated, a cake, flowers, champagne etc. just let them know ahead of time and it will be in your cabin when you board.

if youre in a suite and have the concierge, you can contact them to make arrangements.

1 hour ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Is there somewhere I can indicate we’re sailing on a birthday?

do they do anything special for birthday guests? 🙂

they knew it was my birthday from my profile- they gave me some cupcakes. I had a solo dinner and had a lot of people but ran out of space because I did the wine tasting lunch that day and must have invited people from that. They got me cake as well.

We went once over DH's birthday.  I had to call up to change some stuff and the NCL Agent asked if we were celebrating anything special and I said no, but then said "well I guess it's my husbands birthday then".  

During a couple dinners he was brought a piece of cake with a candle in it and they sang Happy Birthday.  

In 2019, they delivered a cake to our stateroom. (It's basically a whole dessert cake from the MDR or buffet with a birthday wish on top). But,,, they didn't deliver any plates or utensils, so that was a quick trip up to buffet to get partyware. 

Or you can buy a package. 

image.png.6f910ae1a55e72a57b399ccb6976b8e3.png

We normally decorate our cabin on every cruise (there is always an excuse). It is a quick stop at the local Dollar store for the season-appropriate 

On one cruise, we had birthday decorations up and our room steward treated us to a cake he made himself. 

image.thumb.png.4f00c1c0e12b1cc711dae282453b682d.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

You can buy the birthday or celebration package. Usually you have to let them know ahead of time during booking about your birthday. You get a free piece of cake at the restaurant you have dinner at, it can feed 4 people.

Aren't all desserts free?

Every time we book we are asked if it is a special occasion.

Whilst I’m sure they could just tell if it is a your birthday from your booking details, they don’t seem to do so. I’ve been on a cruise on my birthday a couple of times and I’m pleased to say that nothing happened. Having a load of people singing at me would certainly not add to my day. 🙂

• Like 2

When we traveled for my special-needs sister's birthday, we ordered the Birthday package.  They decorated the room and delivered a cake.  It was $40 at the time.  It was a really happy surprise for her and made her feel special, but we never got around to eating the cake...the dessert in the MDR was too good and by the time we got back in the evening we were too full and it was too late.  It was worth it to make her feel special, but not sure we would go with that approach again.  It was just a first time on a cruise on her Bday...

19 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Aren't all desserts free?

Well, yes, but they don't have "Happy Birthday" written across the top 🙂 

The cake is pretty ordinary, TBH, but it's all part of the fun of having a bit of a fuss made on your special day.  Enjoy a couple bites of the cake, then go ahead & order the creme brulee or whatever you truly enjoy.