FCC expiration - hope of extension

mduffy1834

Booked, canceled, booked again, canceled again............................hubby and I have future cruise credits that need to be used by 4/2022 for cruises by 9/30/2022.

I've already lifted and shifted two other cruises, to take place in January and May of 2022.  I would like to book the 10/15/2022 Summit, which goes from Boston to Miami and will hit the ABC islands that I was supposed to see on the canceled cruises above.

Has anyone had any luck getting Celebrity to extend the deadline for the FCC?  We're talking 2 weeks.  I spoke to a Celebrity rep on-line who basically told me to keep checking the website and maybe the credits will be extended.  But I have the room that I want now!

Any special number to call or any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We would like to see the time extended also.   It looks like we could lose $1,600  in unused FCCs but with cruising restarting including from the US  likely in July I doubt they will extend the dates.  They did ease the restrictions by allowing stacking of FCCs.  A 13 day extension would solve my problem.🤞

Edited by jelayne

2 hours ago, TMaine said:

You should check with your TA or Celebrity, we were in the same boat and our FCC has been extended to 31 DEC 21.

The issue is the sail by date of 9/30 22.  We have a Safari booked, then a cruise on X in a suite to use some of the  FCCs, then a cruise on Azamara on a itinerary that X doesn’t offer,  then a October 12 cruise on X which falls just outside of the sail by date and another X cruise in December.  

I tried to get my FCC extended by just 2 days for a cruise that starts on 10-2-22 and I was told no by a supervisor.  However, she did say that there is a possibility that Celebrity could change their mind and extend the sail by date but she could not guarantee it.  I think that we all should keep calling Celebrity to complain about the 9-30-22 sail by date on these FCC.  There is strength in numbers and if enough of us complain, there is a possibility that Celebrity could extend the sail by date and allow us to use our FCC on cruises beyond 9-30-22.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kebrown said:

I tried to get my FCC extended by just 2 days for a cruise that starts on 10-2-22 and I was told no by a supervisor.  However, she did say that there is a possibility that Celebrity could change their mind and extend the sail by date but she could not guarantee it.  I think that we all should keep calling Celebrity to complain about the 9-30-22 sail by date on these FCC.  There is strength in numbers and if enough of us complain, there is a possibility that Celebrity could extend the sail by date and allow us to use our FCC on cruises beyond 9-30-22.

Good idea. 

Made the decision, after talking to a rep at Celebrity and reading the above, to go ahead and book.  I was told by the rep to send an email to the FCC exception desk explaining why I would like/need to have my FCC extended.  

At best, they will ok my exception and I will apply the FCC to my new booking.

Second best is they deny the exception and I will wait to make the decision to cancel until the last possible moment in hopes that Celebrity changes their minds and extend all the FCCs to whatever.

Third best is they deny the exception, don't extend the deadlines, and, after giving my hubby 2 martinis, convince him that we should go ahead and keep the cruise as we deserve it - lol!

Fingers crossed for number 1....................................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mduffy1834 said:

Made the decision, after talking to a rep at Celebrity and reading the above, to go ahead and book.  I was told by the rep to send an email to the FCC exception desk explaining why I would like/need to have my FCC extended.  

Can you please provide us with the email address to the FCC exception desk that you used?

celebrityengagementcenter@celebrity.com and in the subject put FCC exception.

still waiting for reply and will post when/if they do.

good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

emailed Celebrity (suggested by rep at Celebrity) to ask for exception as I want to use it on my recently booked Summit next October (2 weeks after FCC expires).

fingers crossed they will either honor it or extend it for everyone.

Got my response.......not surprising but disappointed.  Next step, who knows?

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises.

We’re eager to have you on board and understand you are wanting to extend the expiration date of your Future Cruise Credit. Regretfully, the April 30, 2022 application date and September 30, 2022 sail-by date are firm deadlines that are not able to be adjusted. Since the sail-by expiration date is more than a year in the future and we’ll be making more return-to-service announcements in the weeks ahead, we’re hopeful you’ll be able to find a sailing within the timeframe designated that meets your needs. Please continue to check our website, www.CelebrityCruises.com, for the latest information about the itineraries we’re currently offering.

Please accept my apologies for any frustration this may cause.

That is what I expected.  There are thousands and thousands of FCCs and once they start making exceptions it would open the floodgates.  We have $6,200 in FCCs and at this point it looks like we will only be able to used $4,300.  

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That is what I expected.  There are thousands and thousands of FCCs and once they start making exceptions it would open the floodgates.  We have $6,200 in FCCs and at this point it looks like we will only be able to used $4,300.  

Very sorry to hear you may lose that $$.  We booked a dumb little 4 day on Millie to burn our remaining FCC.  

4 hours ago, marieps said:

Very sorry to hear you may lose that $$.  We booked a dumb little 4 day on Millie to burn our remaining FCC.  

Thanks.  We thought about booking a short cruise but the shortest in August (when we can go) is 6 days.  In a OV that would cost us $900  more than the FCC balance and entail paying air fare ($600-900)  plus hotel pre cruise &  airport parking. We would spend more than we will lost on the FCC

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

Thanks.  We thought about booking a short cruise but the shortest in August (when we can go) is 6 days.  In a OV that would cost us $900  more than the FCC balance and entail paying air fare ($600-900)  plus hotel pre cruise &  airport parking. We would spend more than we will lost on the FCC

We are fortunate that we can drive 12 hrs to PEV if need be to save the air fare.  Also just discovered Southwest has added a nonstop from Miami to ATL.  

Edited by marieps
  • Like 1

I'm in this proverbial boat as well - booked on 24OCT22 Edge TA and emailed Celebrity at the address above asking for an exception. Let's see what happens. If a no go I'll lose over 8K in FCC's. Backup plan is another Europe sailing in September that we KNOW we can use them on. 

I don't want to play the game of waiting till 30APR22 (the deadline date the FCC's have to be applied to a sailing) for a cruise that's in 5 months to have to scramble for air and hotels. I may just bite the bullet, book the September cruise knowing I can use the FCC's, and reschedule my TA for the following year. 

On the bright side - 1st Moderna vaccine scheduled for myself and hubby a week from today!

JasYHZ

Exactly the same auto-response as mduffy1834 received above. Looks like I'll be moving my October TA to something in September. Oh well, gives me a reason to do the TA in the fall of 2023 🙂

JasYHZ

Update.................contacted the loyalty desk last week and explained my situation.  Rep put me on hold and came back and told me that the FCC would be extended until 10/31/22 so I could use on my 10/15/22 repo cruise that I had booked.  Tried to apply the FCC a few days later and kept getting an error message.  After several tries, I called the loyalty number again and explained once again what was going on.  Her response, after discussing with her supervisor, was that the first rep was wrong and they are not extending the FCC.  My best bet would be to wait and see if Celebrity does extend them or try to book a cruise in late September - although none really appeal to me at this time.  Ugh!!!!!  I'm soooooooooo done with this!