Not Able To Book Cheers/Excursions for Australian Cruise

jslev9

Hi all,

My wife and I recently booked an Australian cruise (!!) in September 2022. We've fully paid our deposit and are now in a holding pattern until final payment is due. However, whenever I log in to my Cruise Manager, I get a message that says: 

"HELLO, WE CAN'T WAIT TO WELCOME YOU ABOARD! Excursions and amenities like drink packages and in-stateroom gifts will be available for purchase on board."

Does anyone know if this is standard for Australian cruises, if it's just because we're booked through the American branch of Carnival, or something else entirely? I'm a little worried that cruisers from Australia will be able to book excursions before us so we'll get sold out of our top excursion choices.

Thanks!

You can only buy cheers on-Board.. on Australian Cruises. It goes for  $119 Australian a day.  (Around $90 USD). Much more because Australians drink more then Americans. Lol

Same with excursions. Can only be purchased  on-board. There can be line-ups at excursions desk on Embankment day. Some do book out. If Platnium or Diamond use that to get on early to book excursions...

I doubt your cruise is going to happen anyway or at least non Australian citizens will not be getting on.

It it way to early to plan travel to Australia except land trips by people from New Zealand.

You can read why here.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/health-safety/finance-minister-simon-birmingham-says-no-overseas-travel-until-later-in-2022/news-story/8098512c990408a8643fe8f404f05a1c