Hotel comparison and AeroBus. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at Hotel JAZZ in November 2019. Pre cruise.  I would definitely  stay there again. Very quiet room. We took a cab from the airport.  Outside there was a cab line. No problems.  We had ordered a case of wine to be delivered to our hotel.  It was scheduled to arrive while we were on a day tour....no problem..hotel signed for it and kept it for us in the room off reception. 

As someone with 2 knee replacements I found the bathroom to be problematic.  No grab bar in tub/shower....tub is high so getting in and out was difficult .

Excellent little Asian restaurant  right outside the door.  Walking distance  to many things.  

• Like 1

Just now, Mrs f. said:

We stayed at Hotel JAZZ in November 2019. Pre cruise.  I would definitely  stay there again. Very quiet room. We took a cab from the airport.  Outside there was a cab line. No problems.  We had ordered a case of wine to be delivered to our hotel.  It was scheduled to arrive while we were on a day tour....no problem..hotel signed for it and kept it for us in the room off reception. 

As someone with 2 knee replacements I found the bathroom to be problematic.  No grab bar in tub/shower....tub is high so getting in and out was difficult .

Excellent little Asian restaurant  right outside the door.  Walking distance  to many things.  

Walking distance  from aerobus to Jazz.... maybe1/2 to 3/4 mile....Bus is in front of big department  store...so you have to walk through the plaza and then maybe 5-6 blocks.

• Like 1

I've stayed in Hotel Continental Barcelona 3 or so times precruises & took the bus there each time. The walk to the hotel is short & doable even for this  65+ year old lady with one wheeled suitcase, a carry on & big purse. I like the charm, food & location of the "pink palace" & will stay there again in April 2023 GW.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I agree with Jo…are you retired yet?   I take the Aero bus to the top of Las Ramblas from the airport and walk to my hotel. I’m 65+ with a wheeled suitcase and big purse…..the cobblestones can be annoying but manageable.  

• Like 3

I feel like the "pink palace" is not for everyone. I'd read a number of reviews (and not just on CC where it has a loyal following) before booking there. A common comment is "value for money" -- and to someone who reads a lot of hotel reviews this is a bit of a red flag usually meaning "it wasn't expensive but we had to put up with some quirks".  Others point out the very modest rate relative to other nearby hotels. 

If that's the key factor for you -- affordability -- go for it. I haven't stayed there myself but the only first-hand report I have was less than enthusiastic and the couple stayed elsewhere on a subsequent trip.

One more frame of reference:  On Tripadvisor the meta-review ranking of Hotel Jazz is #26 of all hotels in Barcelona. The ranking for the Continental is #220....