LIMITED Check-In Time for UK Sailings

12 minutes ago, rattla said:

yup that’s right it’s your actual time, you’re lucky a nice early time 😁

I’m 13:40

Me too. I actually rang MSC this afternoon to ask if I could change it to earlier and was told “you already have one of the earliest embarkation times”. The agent then said 13:30 was the very earliest 🤔

2 minutes ago, Drivencruise said:

Yeah that’s the one , but it shows me earlier , but we’ll see . I’ve got a guarantee inside on a low deck , so it seems strange that they give an early time to a cheapie ! Thanks again though , great info . 

on the webinar earlier, Antonio answered this question, he said it was nothing to do with how much money you spent, instead based on a computer calculation to maximise the amount of social distancing. So any changes were out of their control and it was important people stuck to their times.

I can only assume it’s about on boarding people from different decks and locations in each phase to minimise everyone all arriving in the same corridors simultaneously?

1 minute ago, CaroleC said:

Me too. I actually rang MSC this afternoon to ask if I could change it to earlier and was told “you already have one of the earliest embarkation times”. The agent then said 13:30 was the very earliest 🤔

I don’t think they know what’s going on . A few on this thread have said they have 12 ish . I need to sort parking after a long drive . 

2 minutes ago, rattla said:

on the webinar earlier, Antonio answered this question, he said it was nothing to do with how much money you spent, instead based on a computer calculation to maximise the amount of social distancing. So any changes were out of their control and it was important people stuck to their times.

I can only assume it’s about on boarding people from different decks and locations in each phase to minimise everyone all arriving in the same corridors simultaneously?

Happy days ! Suits me . Owe you a beer 

5 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I’ve seen 12:20 on the first sailing.  Interestingly no one before 12 on the first cruise, though for the 2nd I’ve seen a few 11am’s now.  You’d think for the first one they would be able to start earlier as no cleaning and no one to disembark?

2 minutes ago, rattla said:

I’ve seen 12:20 on the first sailing.  Interestingly no one before 12 on the first cruise, though for the 2nd I’ve seen a few 11am’s now.  You’d think for the first one they would be able to start earlier as no cleaning and no one to disembark?

I did think it was a bit odd when the agent told me 13:30 was the earliest as I was sure I’d seen someone post they had 11:00. Oh well, doesn’t appear it can be changed so I guess we’re all stuck with whatever time they give us. I’m thinking now that 13:40 is one of the latest not the earliest! 🙄

5 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I did think it was a bit odd when the agent told me 13:30 was the earliest as I was sure I’d seen someone post they had 11:00. Oh well, doesn’t appear it can be changed so I guess we’re all stuck with whatever time they give us. I’m thinking now that 13:40 is one of the latest not the earliest! 🙄

I have seen some 15:00, not sure anyone has Said any later than that yet.

8 hours ago, rattla said:

My 11am is the first cruise (20th)  and I’m aware of one other with a 11am time in the app 

3 hours ago, Drivencruise said:

My 11am is the first cruise (20th)  and I’m aware of one other with a 11am time in the app 

ah ok, you’ll be one of the very first on then I’d think 😊

Never mind a bidding system for cabin upsells - should be a bidding system and/or swap system for folks who want to trade boarding times! I love to board early and now I find others actually want to board later. Lets swap 🙂

26 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Never mind a bidding system for cabin upsells - should be a bidding system and/or swap system for folks who want to trade boarding times! I love to board early and now I find others actually want to board later. Lets swap 🙂

😁. I think the issue is however that it’s done to ensure maximum social distancing and safety onboard, so they have said they can’t change anyone’s time as it’s all computer calculated (apparently).

My guess is this means each slot avoids people from the same deck/side/section al

boarding to their cabins at the same time?  I..e each time contains people from a spread of all decks /sides/sections.  Rather than all Yacht club boarding into the same section all in one go for example?

From what I understand, the time it says is not the actual time you'll be getting on the ship. I was reading yesterday (think it was FAQ on the MSC site) and you have your lateral flow test, the results of this can take 50-90 minutes. You will be sat in a 'wellness lounge' while you wait for the results. Once your negative result comes back you'll then board. I guess that's why they're starting from 11, as no-one will actually be getting on the ship that early so plenty of time for the ship to be cleaned.

5 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Anyone in the Yacht Club? I should hate to get a late time but of course we all have to accept that the situation is the way it is.

I should think that would be the very best of reasons to call and ask for the earliest time suitable to you.

I recall pitching up to the Preziosa in Barbados at 10.30am and asking for YC boarding, we organised our own flights and flew in a couple of days prior. What we didn't realise was there was a charter flight  with 250+ Brits arriving at the airport late afternoon, and the ship hadn't planned any boarding before then!

Anyway, once we explained the situation and showed our YC booking, they quickly got into gear and we were in the YC lounge by 10.45am.  Likewise 2 weeks later, the charter flight was leaving late-afternoon and they all disembarked just after lunch. Because our flight was after 9pm, and the ship wasn't sailing until 8pm, we asked to stay in the YC until 6pm....granted, and we even managed a very quick early dinner before heading off.

Fabulous service, all round.

In 10 days I am in the YC on the Grandiosa from Genova.
My checkin time is 10am, but I will be 2 pm at the port. That will not be a problem say MSC.

3 hours ago, pmd98052 said:

Great idea! Who wants to swap an 11:00 slot for my 13:40?? 🤣🤣🤣

Right, so I’ve rang MSC again this afternoon as thought I might get a more sympathetic agent than yesterday lol. The very nice gentleman explained to me that the embarkation times are computerised and agents have no way of changing them (computer says no!😆).

So that definitely is that!

5 hours ago, hamrag said:

I recall pitching up to the Preziosa in Barbados at 10.30am and asking for YC boarding, we organised our own flights and flew in a couple of days prior. What we didn't realise was there was a charter flight  with 250+ Brits arriving at the airport late afternoon, and the ship hadn't planned any boarding before then!

Crazy!

Most people were not on the flight but they expected everyone to board late afternoon. What were they thinking? That sounds totally unacceptable for me.

5 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Crazy!

Most people were not on the flight but they expected everyone to board late afternoon. What were they thinking? That sounds totally unacceptable for me.

Because Barbados is really only a boarding point for Brits, I honestly think we were one of a very few or even the only ones not arriving (or departing)on the scheduled charter flights. Their unpreparedness was understandable, and it didn't affect us in any way.

6 hours ago, hamrag said:

Because Barbados is really only a boarding point for Brits, I honestly think we were one of a very few or even the only ones not arriving (or departing)on the scheduled charter flights. Their unpreparedness was understandable, and it didn't affect us in any way.

???

Do you mean that most of the passengers board somewhere else and  only a few brits board in Barbabos? If yes, it's more understandable but I still think that it's unacceptable to assume that everyone wants to board that late when it's possible to have other travel arrangements than that charterflight.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:54 PM, Couple-Somerset said:

Just got my cruise docs for our May 20th sailing.

You are given a 1 hour time slot for Check In

Your check-in opens (1) 12:20     Your check-in closes within 1 hour from 12:20

You will obviously get that same time or another so arrivals are spread out for Covid and testing.

No idea what happens if you miss your 1 hour slot though.

I've printed our Cruise Ticket docs (19 pages) which contain an Embarkation Form each as well as the Health Questionnaire. I thought that these are the 2 main docs which we would need at the port to board but when I go to web check-in, there is also a button to download the Boarding Pass which states "This is the document which gives you permission to board the ship".  However the button to download the Boarding Pass is greyed out. 

Is this Boarding pass the same document as the Embarkation Form which I have in the Cruise Ticket pack and if not does anyone know how to get the boarding passes? 

2 hours ago, simon stingray said:

I've printed our Cruise Ticket docs (19 pages) which contain an Embarkation Form each as well as the Health Questionnaire. I thought that these are the 2 main docs which we would need at the port to board but when I go to web check-in, there is also a button to download the Boarding Pass which states "This is the document which gives you permission to board the ship".  However the button to download the Boarding Pass is greyed out. 

Is this Boarding pass the same document as the Embarkation Form which I have in the Cruise Ticket pack and if not does anyone know how to get the boarding passes? 

I've just spoken to MSC and the Embarkation form is all we need.

17 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

???

Do you mean that most of the passengers board somewhere else and  only a few brits board in Barbabos? If yes, it's more understandable but I still think that it's unacceptable to assume that everyone wants to board that late when it's possible to have other travel arrangements than that charterflight.

Yes, on this particular cruise the two boarding points for 7 day caribbean cruises are Martinique (Saturday) and Guadeloupe (Sunday). There are two different 7 day itineraries, and Barbados is on one of them meaning that the ship docks in Barbados once every 2 weeks (Tuesday).

Because Barbados is an extremely popular island with Brits, a 14 day cruise is offered in the British market and (I believe) also available to book in the USofA.

8 hours ago, hamrag said:

Yes, on this particular cruise the two boarding points for 7 day caribbean cruises are Martinique (Saturday) and Guadeloupe (Sunday). There are two different 7 day itineraries, and Barbados is on one of them meaning that the ship docks in Barbados once every 2 weeks (Tuesday).

Because Barbados is an extremely popular island with Brits, a 14 day cruise is offered in the British market and (I believe) also available to book in the USofA.

Then I understand it better but it's still unacceptable that they assume that everyone want to board late afternoon.