Covid Tests for Return to US

I know that Crystal will do Covid tests at embarkation.  But does anyone know if they will provide Covid tests for return to the US ?  Or will we have to arrange our own ?  

I reached out to Crystal a few weeks ago and they assured me they will do COVID-19 tests to comply with those flying back to counties such as the USA which require it.

Keith

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

I reached out to Crystal a few weeks ago and they assured me they will do COVID-19 tests to comply with those flying back to counties such as the USA which require it.

Keith

Thanks !  

4 hours ago, kibutzer said:

Do we know what they will charge.  A covid test a embarkation? 

I am sure they will not charge for a COVID-19 test at embarkation.  There are certainly additional costs of operating during COVID-19 and this is one of them.

Keith

Have been wondering about this myself.  Thanks for your info Keith, but it would be nice if Crystal would address this on their website, maybe with the info about a COVID test at embarkation.  Maybe that will happen soon.

They were required to do this prior to 1 May (so called 5 day test), so it should have been figured into any fare.

1 hour ago, ridolphi said:

Have been wondering about this myself.  Thanks for your info Keith, but it would be nice if Crystal would address this on their website, maybe with the info about a COVID test at embarkation.  Maybe that will happen soon.

JoAnn that is a good idea.  Since they already have the one for embarkation it would be good to have it right with that as you suggest.

Keith

On 5/5/2021 at 4:54 PM, lhcruzin said:

I know that Crystal will do Covid tests at embarkation.

Is it true that Crystal is doing Covid tests at embarkation? If so, why do we have to provide proof that we have had a Covid test prior to embarkation?

18 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Is it true that Crystal is doing Covid tests at embarkation? If so, why do we have to provide proof that we have had a Covid test prior to embarkation?

I would say to reasons.

The one done before you leave is a more accurate PCR test.  I suspect at Embarkation it is not.

This is conjecture on my part but maybe it is part of being cautious.  Odds might increase to have a better feel if someone has COVID by having two tests versus one.  And I wonder if the thought is if you discover you have COVID-19 before you leave you might not make the trip in the first place.  Again, this is conjecture on my part.

Keith

I thought the Bahamas had waived the requirement for the PCR negative test if you are vaccinated,and since Crystal is requiring all passengers and crew to be vaccinated, why then would one need it to enter the Bahamas?  Now it still appears that hotels are doing a rapid test at check in, and Crystal is still doing a rapid test at embarkation, and that the 5 day test is still in place, but is Crystal doing that 5 day test?  And does anyone know if that will meet the requirement for return if you are flying home day of disembarkation?.It is a little confusing and I still wish Crystal would address this on their website.

3 minutes ago, ridolphi said:

I thought the Bahamas had waived the requirement for the PCR negative test if you are vaccinated,and since Crystal is requiring all passengers and crew to be vaccinated, why then would one need it to enter the Bahamas?  Now it still appears that hotels are doing a rapid test at check in, and Crystal is still doing a rapid test at embarkation, and that the 5 day test is still in place, but is Crystal doing that 5 day test?  And does anyone know if that will meet the requirement for return if you are flying home day of disembarkation?.It is a little confusing and I still wish Crystal would address this on their website.

Crystal wanted all travelers who are cruising to take a PCR test prior to traveling.  When the Bahamas put in place a PCR test which you were required to take five days prior Crystal said in cases where the locality has a vaccine requirement they would eliminate their own so guests didn't have to get two different tests.  The Bahamas no longer requires the vaccine test to enter as long as you are fully vaccinated and since to cruise Crystal you have to be fully vaccinated a test if not required for the Bahama Travel Health Visa. Because of that it appears Crystal is going with their original plan to have each guest take a PCR test prior to commencing travel.  Look for more information soon on their website.  We need to all realize things will not remain stagnant as we saw with the Bahama entry requirements.

In addition a rapid test will be given at the pier prior to embarkation.

To return back home to the USA or possibly to other places a COVID test will be required and Crystal is working on this.

Keith

Thanks Keith.  Will wait for further info and I hope you will continue to share your knowledge here and keep us up to date.  I hope too that Crystal will keep TA's up to date and thus passengers.We don't sail until end of July, so hopefully many of the questions will be answered in the earlier cruises and people will share their experiences.

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

it appears Crystal is going with their original plan to have each guest take a PCR test prior to commencing travel.

I really hope Crystal won't require a PCR test. It seems like overkill since we already have to be vaccinated. The only places I've found in South Florida that guarantee a two-day turnaround for the PCR test are more than 25 miles from me and the price was about $175 per person. These were specialty places primarily for travelers. CVS won't guarantee having PCR test results beyond "a few days" (my pharmacist told me he's seen it take five days) but CVS will do a same-day antigen test. If anyone has other information on places in South Florida that can guarantee the PCR test in the time we are likely to be required to have it prior to embarkation, let me know (and cost if you know).  

On 5/11/2021 at 11:53 AM, MarkWiltonM said:

I really hope Crystal won't require a PCR test. It seems like overkill since we already have to be vaccinated. The only places I've found in South Florida that guarantee a two-day turnaround for the PCR test are more than 25 miles from me and the price was about $175 per person. These were specialty places primarily for travelers. CVS won't guarantee having PCR test results beyond "a few days" (my pharmacist told me he's seen it take five days) but CVS will do a same-day antigen test. If anyone has other information on places in South Florida that can guarantee the PCR test in the time we are likely to be required to have it prior to embarkation, let me know (and cost if you know).  

I feel the same. I will be in the Bahamas 3 days before the cruise and I can only imagine how hard it will be to find a PCR test there. Honestly this is really annoying. I think the expense and trouble are ridiculous. I have fingers crossed that this will go away after the next round of guidance is released.