What is Your Favorite Appetizers you had on your Cruise......

BklynBoy8

On 8/9/2021 at 1:55 PM, Lois R said:

Hi rka, my parents both loved tongue........they would order a tongue sandwich anytime we went to a good Deli..........

I'm glad you mentioned that. Back in the 70s in SF there was a deli in the Financial District. Their tongue sandwiches were terrific.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 2:49 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

Warm Tongue on Rye with a proper mustard with Half Sour Pickles, WOW..... Have to get some from our Jewish Deli next time. Tongue is too big for two people for me to buy and use so just from the Deli.

Though on the West Coast we occasionally order from Katz's and that will include pickles and mustard.

On 8/17/2021 at 2:05 PM, clo said:

Though on the West Coast we occasionally order from Katz's and that will include pickles and mustard.

We always get in our J Deli's half/full sour pickles, cole slaw, pickled beets & tomatoes as app's. And additional sides (ex. pickles) with entrees..

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We always get in our J Deli's half/full sour pickles, cole slaw, pickled beets & tomatoes as app's. And additional sides (ex. pickles) with entrees..

I looked that up. In Rhode Island?

On 8/17/2021 at 1:59 PM, clo said:

I love to make sweetbreads.

Your preparation looks delicious.  Without the veggies, they would be just as delicious.  

If cruise lines' specialty restaurants want to offer upscale items on their menu, why not offer Sweetbreads?  Escargot and Beef Carpaccio usually have slots on those menus.  

• 1 year later...

Our favorite app's of course in plate form.....

Still remember the trolley in the Princess Grill on the QE2 with the Salmon laid out.

The Different Smoke Salmon, regular or Scotch....Gravlax etc...

Having so many Deli's in NYC and Brooklyn, we are lucky to have so many factories (smokehouses) that produce them.

We use to have one in Canarsie we use to be able to go into and purchase...WOW the smell inside of the different woods. Use to love to stand there while that sliced the salmon and take in the smell. Wish could have bottled it. 

In Brooklyn's Greenpoint is Ace.....But really great retail in Manhattan is Russ & Daughters. 

11 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Our favorite app's of course in plate form.....

Still remember the trolley in the Princess Grill on the QE2 with the Salmon laid out.

The Different Smoke Salmon, regular or Scotch....Gravlax etc...

Having so many Deli's in NYC and Brooklyn, we are lucky to have so many factories (smokehouses) that produce them.

We use to have one in Canarsie we use to be able to go into and purchase...WOW the smell inside of the different woods. Use to love to stand there while that sliced the salmon and take in the smell. Wish could have bottled it. 

In Brooklyn's Greenpoint is Ace.....But really great retail in Manhattan is Russ & Daughters. 

Are you referring to Grabsteins  or King Arthur in Canarsie ? 

I'm going to be very, very specific:

• The scallops and Iberico Secreto pork at Pincho Tapas on the Norwegian Escape
  • The beef carpaccio at Bayamo on the Norwegian Escape

There's a reason it's my favorite ship in the NCL fleet right now. Those two restaurants and Food Republic. 

20 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Blue Ribbon was an Appetizing store,not a Deli.

No not really if you were inside and saw the operation of the building. 

Very little in the display ex whitefish ex.. Whitefish salad.

Knowing them well I use to get the lox or nova from the back. The trucks would go out to stores and delis around 10.

Appreciated the samples given while cutting. 

I would call Russ and Daughters an Appetizers Store and Adelman Deli like Mill Basin.

14 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

No not really if you were inside and saw the operation of the building. 

Very little in the display ex whitefish ex.. Whitefish salad.

Knowing them well I use to get the lox or nova from the back. The trucks would go out to stores and delis around 10.

Appreciated the samples given while cutting. 

I would call Russ and Daughters an Appetizers Store and Adelman Deli like Mill Basin.

Adelmans ,Jay and Lloyd and Mill Basin are the only 3 delis still in Brooklyn.

On 11/17/2022 at 3:53 PM, weltek said:

I'm going to be very, very specific:

• The scallops and Iberico Secreto pork at Pincho Tapas on the Norwegian Escape
  • The beef carpaccio at Bayamo on the Norwegian Escape

There's a reason it's my favorite ship in the NCL fleet right now. Those two restaurants and Food Republic. 

That is very exciting because I am sailing on the Escape next weekend and I have a table reserved at Bayamo! We did not get into the tapas bar.  Whomp Whomp! 

• 2 weeks later...